Simulation Hockey League
S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time (/showthread.php?tid=131782)

Pages: 1 2 3

S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - Jayba1t - 07-10-2023

With the finals over, we are all now beginning to look towards the SHL Draft. Under the draft spotlight, your careers will soon take the next step and times will only fly by quicker. But right now, let's take a deep breath and step back for one second here.
Task: You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season? Were there any glorious moments that will forever be enshrined in your memory? (150 words min.)
You will receive 4 TPE for fulfilling all the requirements.
Only S71 SMJHL Rookies (S72 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, July 16th @ 11:59 PM PST
Finally, as this will be the last SMJHL PT you will do, on behalf of the SMJHL PT Team, I'd like to congratulate you all for completing the first season of hopefully many great ones. We wish you best of luck in your future careers!

RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - cly - 07-10-2023

The end of Rocky's first professional season playing hockey comes with a lot of reflection. Overall, I'm a bit disappointed in Rocky's performance on the ice, having hoped to see him be more of a vicious defensive presence especially since Kelowna was willing to take me so high. However, I think that from now on this shows exactly how much working on my build to suit my goals is going to be, and I have a sense of direction now that will allow myself to create expectations that I can actually fulfill. I think for next season, I want to work on my build to make Rocky the penalty killing, shorty scoring d-man I imagined him to be at first, but I also want to reserve a few TPE to filling gaps for Kelowna since I think after this season I'm definitely not going to be actively playing in the SHL next year which is totally fine since I'd love to stay with Kelowna for as long as they'd have me– being drafted that high was definitely the "glorious moment" that I will think about forever, because even though it's a sim league I felt really seen if that makes any sense!!

202 Words^^

So excited for what's to come and thanks to the SMJHL PT team for everything this season!

RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - Aephino - 07-10-2023

Overall, Zedward is content with his rookie season. On the individual level, it went roughly about as well as one could have hoped. Jumped right onto not just the starting line, but the main Dman for Detroit and led both the Falcons and the entire SMJHL in blocked shots. However, the efforts of Zedward weren't enough to stop a plethora of goals from going into the net. Detroit scraped into the playoffs via an automatic qualification and Zedward was especially displeased with getting knocked first round. So right away the goal for next season will be to win minimum 1 playoff game. Another goal will be to improve the offensive side of Zedward's game. Goalscoring isn't particularly Zedward's strong suit, but 1 goal seems a little drab. Zedward is more concerned with his teamplay and 25 assists is also an area to improve. The last piece is for Zedward to bulk up a bit more. While Zedward is agile and can block shots, he could sometimes get bullied by bigger players and needs to hold his own on the ice.

RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - Weaves - 07-10-2023

Activity Check played a strong first season as a goalie on a struggling Knights roster. Forced to probably play above his level (Starting goalie), he did pretty well all things considered. I do not think that Activity Check met his own expectations, as there was consistently too much mental inconsistency for his liking. However, this is all largerly moot now as Activity Check, as mentioned before, is now switching to centre for the upcoming season. With that occuring, AC has been hard in the gym and at the rink, working on the snap shots, perimiter shooting, and faceoffs. AC has been working hard to be ready to open next season anew, with overflowing level of talent and the fruits of working hard all off-season. The season highlight was easily against @Gumbaman and STL, in back to back games Acttivity Check started, lost both games 2-0, yet still got first start in BOTH games for his heroic efforts in the crease, stopping over 45 shots in both games. Probably was PEAK career to be honest. I cannot wait for what is next, at centre.

RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - electrictree - 07-10-2023

I can't believe the season is over already! What a whirlwind year for Remington Richardson III, from actually getting drafted (a mild surprise), to playing the entire season and actually making the playoffs (not a surprise), then getting knocked out, it's been a ride. Now, RR3 is getting high first round draft chatter and he's ready to be drafted into the bigs.

I'd say i met my expectations. As a relative unknown i wanted to make a name for myself and play as much as possible. Making the playoffs would have been a bonus, and we ended up doing that. It would have been nice for my character to actually have been updated during the playoffs but such is life. You don't always get what you want.

The next goal is going in the first half of the first round of the big league draft. This is also one i'm hoping to meet.

(159)

RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - Constellation1224 - 07-10-2023

Despite being drafted very late and not getting a whole lot of games in, I think Grell performed about as expected for me early on. He was not exceptional by any means, but he didn’t too terrible either. He ended with 6 takeaways and only 1 giveaway, which is a ratio I can feel comfortable with. It seems Grell was also built well enough to put him exactly where I wanted him, on the penalty kill. While he didn’t successfully perform any penalty kills, he did have an average of 1:05 shorthanded ice time, which I think means he was on the penalty kill line which is where I want him. His defensive game rating currently stands at a 61, which I would like to work on, but I know that will come in time as long as I continue to stay active and do as many tasks as possible. Overall, I think Grell is well on his way to becoming the defenseman I want him to be.

RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - PapaSorin - 07-10-2023

Billy Hill had a... mixed season with the Great Falls Grizzlies this season. As a team, things went off the rails pretty quickly. Last in regular season standings, first round exit from the playoffs, just not a whole heck of a lot to talk about on that front. With that said, on a player stance, there was one heck of a ride down the stretch. Early on it was evident that Billy had a bunch of skills that were really solid on paper but didn't translate to professional success. Through the season, the stats went from awful, to okay, to truly earning his spot on the roster. In the end, Hill earned 4 milestones in his rookie campaign which definitely helped keep this season from being a total wash out.

At this time, Billy Hill sits tied for 10th in draft class tpe and tied fifth for tpe as a defender whick lines the J draft 3rd round pick to be a lock for a top half of the first round pick for the SHL. Only time will tell if the effort was all worth it, but come draft day and award announcement day, there should be some happy days ahead as long as his coaches can keep him out of the trap house.

215 words

RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - Dainjah - 07-10-2023

After Sith Happens first season, he began to reflect on the ups and downs of it. He thinks that despite wanting to have done better, he definitely exceeded his expectations especially with stepping into a new talent area of much higher skill than his previous leagues. He had been worried at first that his trip to his empire may have screwed up his chances to play with not being drafted. He was extremely happy that Frenchie, s7ven, and the Kraken gave him a shot! He made alot of great memories with his new teammates but one of the biggest to stand out to him was his very first game. He prepared very hard to make the Kraken not regret pulling a no name goalie from waivers. His effort produced amazing results in the first game resulting in a SHUTOUT! With the guidance of of GMs he continued to produce great performances. Although being brought back down to Earth in a few games where he was pulled, he maintained high spirits but also noticed weak areas that he needed to improve on like side to side movements and rebound control. After tasting playoff hockey and winning round 1, he's now more determined than ever to push farther and achieve more. He will bring the SMJHL to it's knees. (but you know... Sith Happens)

224 words

RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - Tdan04 - 07-10-2023

After Trey Daniels' first season in the SMJHL, he begins to think about the start of his career. He feels like he did pretty good in his rookie season, he feels he could have done much better though. He thinks hard about what he could work on and a couple things come to mind. Trey could sure use some work on his defence game and also work on his offence as well to get more goals. He looks back at his first day in the league and remembers how shy and nervous he was walking into the locker room. It didn't take long though to get comfortable and get to talking to the great team that he would become a big part of. Everyone was very welcoming and was very helpful with everything that he had questions about. all in all, Trey had an amazing career and looks forward to building a bigger career and legacy in the SHL.

162 words

RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - sliceruser - 07-10-2023

Alexandros Mograine -  Kraken

This season I joined the Carolina Kraken late in the season as a waiver claim and they picked me up to fill the role of a right defense despite being built as a right winger and ended up playing 34 games in this role. During this span I did not expect to get many points nor many blocks as I was built to be a less physical defense minded playmaker playing in a bottom 4 defense role but with my defensive stats I hoped to help in the takeaways and plus minus department. I finished the season with 2 goals and 10 assists, about what I expected if a few points lower than I would have liked and after upgrading my hitting and checking a bit during the season managed a decent 48 hits and 21 blocks without logging to many PIMs. The real kicker which I am very proud of was my takeaways of 24 and to only 2 giveaways good for a 12 takeaway to giveaway ratio which was the best in the entire SMJHL for the regular season. So in some ways I feel disappointed but in others I am happy with what I achieved in an off role for only half a season of play.

words 209

RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - Kaliyevl34l - 07-11-2023

For my rookie season in the SMJHL I think I performed pretty well! Walking out of my rookie season with 56 Points! As for my expectations I did not expect my character to do as well as he did but I can say I'm glad he did Smile I wasn't so excited about how many goals I scored so my main focus next season is building a solid goalscorer. I'm curious to see where my character goes in the SHL draft, I'm hoping to one day get my name on that cup like everyone else wants to do.  
My glorious moment that I will forever enshrine will be that I was voted the top rookie for my team! I will take this trophy and forever cherish it.Thanks to all my wonderful team mates and management as I couldn't of did it without you all! ❤️ 

Go Knights Go! Knights

(153 words)

RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - DigDoug11 - 07-11-2023

Trevor’s 1st season in the J wasn’t exactly what he had in mind, with being swept in the 1st round by his rival.  But Trevor knows that there’s only one way from here, up. With a new pair of GM’s and a new rookie class, Trevor is excited to go all out next season. But 1st Trevor has to work on his anger issues and do what ever it takes to stay out of the penalty box, because you can’t score or help your team if you’re sitting in the sin bin!  Trevor also will need to work speed and endurance, this will help him to be able to get open more and to have more break always, and the extra endurance is always a good thing to have.  Trevor lahey’s future is bright and it’s only the beginning for this star, so keep and eye out for this rising new comer in the SHL. Let’s go Falcons!

RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - linsangeles - 07-11-2023

The regular season was quite as expected, a ton of games played for me, even more goals against, to be more precise 5.45, which seems catastrophic at first, but I have to mention the young age of a team. This season everyone worked towards the same goal - gaining experience as much as possible and having fun. Overall, I think we achieved that goal. I wouldn't say I didn't care about losing 10 straight, nobody likes to be at very bottom in the standings, but that wasn't the main focus. At the second half I seemed to improve a little, cus of training of stamina and mental toughness. There was still games though where I felt little out of breath, many of them was 40 shots against games. But thanks to my teammates I never felt mentally down, they really gave me another push when needed.Currently my build are very balanced and next season I will lean towards few different aspects of my game.

168 words.

RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - trashae - 07-11-2023

All in all I'd say that The Murray had a successful rookie season.  Finished 2nd in rookie scoring on the team and he was almost a point per game player with 58 on the season.  That's a little extra fun for me with my last player being a defensive defenseman who only finished with a couple seasons at or above half a point per game.  My goal with making The Murray was to try the other side so things are looking great so far on that front.  Add in that I'm now co-GM of the team and I'm happy with where things are going.  In scouting conversations I expressed a desire to join my future team's management group and it's hard to get more management than a literal GM.  The team is in a rough spot, but I'm excited to work alongside @Aephino in the rebuild and the good news is I won't be able to complain about ice time as one of our 2 forwards above 200 TPE right now.

RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - soevil - 07-11-2023

Overall I think Austin Morley played to the best of his abilities in his first SMJHL season. His performance was probably average at best, thought I would need to take a closer look at the advanced stats to be sure. For individual stats Morley didn't really accomplish much. During the regular season he scored 20 goals and had 17 assists. Defensively, Morley is most proud of his 45 takeaways. I don't think that is very great as far as the league leaders, but it was good for 4th on the Regina elk. I think that the Morley had a few things working against him that kept him off the ice compared to his teammates. Being more defensive focused, I believe the Elk put him on the 3rd line despite being higher TPE than his teammate Rowan O'Beirne - taken in the 1st round of the same draft. Excellence is always the expectation, and Morley was definitely not excellent. That said, I expect next season to hopefully be better as I continue to max earn TPE. (177 words)