Simulation Hockey League
S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread (/showthread.php?tid=131801)

Pages: 1 2 3

S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Pyro182 - 07-11-2023

ONLY S72 SMJHL Rookies (S73 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT. This is NOT for people who are getting drafted into the SHL (S72 SHL Draftees).

If you want to be drafted high in the SMJHL entry draft, you've got to make sure you're on teams' radars. Fill out the following questionnaire compiled by Head Office and the General Managers to earn some easy TPE and show everyone more of who you are and what teams get if they draft you!

6 TPE for completing all the questions.

SMJHL HO Questions (5 Questions)

Code:
- Player Name:

- Position:

- Recreate or First-Gen?

- Recreates: Who was your last player?

- First-Gens: How did you find the site?

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers):

SMJHL GM Questions (14 Questions)

Code:
- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)

- Is water wet?

- What made you join the SHL?

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose?

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?

- How do you feel about walruses?

- In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included)

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?

- What video games do you play?

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline: The start of the S72 SMJHL draft

RE: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - nellycelly - 07-11-2023

- Player Name: nelly celly

- Position: g

- Recreate or First-Gen? first

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? i forgor

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) have 3ish

- Is water wet? no

- What made you join the SHL? i forgor

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? i have no expectation kinda enjoying what ever is thrown at me

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose? shl

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? yes

- How do you feel about walruses? gods

- What are your thoughts on the paradox of tolerance? poo

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? nope

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) idk I love all books

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? no toxic people

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? kira cause shes useful in certain decks

- What video games do you play? pokemon

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? idk if I'm honest I love all dogs

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): n3ellycelly_8996

I think I can write this

@nellycelly since you are a S72 SHL Draft prospect, you won’t be eligible for any future SMJHL PTs

RE: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Thunfish - 07-11-2023

Disregard this, thought it was for SHL draftees.

RE: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Dainjah - 07-11-2023

ignore im dumb and thought i was S73 Draftee
@Dainjah since you are a S72 player, you are ineligible for SMJHL PTs now

RE: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Leafs4ever - 07-12-2023

- Player Name: Guy Incognito

- Position: Defense

- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Rock Strongo

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? N/A

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Leafs4ever#2736

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anywhere between 5-10 hours

- Is water wet?
Common answer would be yes, but then you have people who say no, water isn't wet, it makes things wet. Why complicate things that don't need complicating. Water is wet.

I helped create the league. It started a long time ago, but folded. Then, years later, the original founder learned about STHS and asked if I wanted to help create a revival of the SHL. I said yes and that was the start of this current iteration of the SHL. Still going strong.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?
I've always been one who wants to go to the SHL as fast as possible. Nothing against the Juniors, it's just regression comes so quick and I wanted as many seasons in the SHL as possible before that hits. However, the only thing I haven't won in this league is a 4 Star Cup so I want one. I need one.

- If you had to give a 30 minute lecture off of memory what topic would you choose?
I'd talk about the plight of the Leafs fan

I have, yes. Canadian geography

Odd looking specimens

- In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?
I wear the jersey and support the cause

Video Gaming and Reading

My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Professional Wrestling, Bret Hart's Autobiography. So well written and covers a ton of fascinating stories of his career.

Honestly, I've always been sim focused. Winning and having your player be great. Teammates and locker rooms enhance the whole social experience of the SHL, but when I think about the league, it's sim based.

Squirtle, hands down. Turtles are awesome, he's a blue turtle. The design and the water typing are just perfect.

Pokémon, Zelda, Sports, Mario

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?
I am deathly terrified of dogs. However, I wonder, if I was a dog, would I still be scared of other dogs?

RE: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - karey - 07-12-2023

- Player Name: Prince Marius
- Position: Left Wing
- Recreates: Who was your last player? Viktor Marius (S39)
- First-Gens: How did you find the site? /
- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Karey6973

In the summer 60+ hours are available. It's either SHL, Golfing, or laying out in sun. I'm a teacher and have the luxury of time in the summer months, however, I do tend to become a bit more low-key in the school year.

- Is water wet? Ask @Waters

I love hockey, being a part of a community, and graphic design. I think this is the craziest intersection of those things which has been sorely missed in my life.

I want to win a 4 star. I think the desire to be another 2K player is lofty, it will depend on where I end up, but I do believe I have enough in me to dominate the J.

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose?
I'm a teacher. This is my job, except I teach Middle School so my 5 minute lecture on Ancient Mesopotamia would be met with 25 minutes of lecturing on why carving your name into the top of your desk is a stupid idea.

I am actively typing this from my Airbnb in Kelowna.

Is Teefs from Guardians 3 a Walrus? That is the only walrus I would let marry my future daughter.

Low key weird question trying to bait out people... I think an inclusive space doesn't force people to conform and be socially pressured to fit in or be cut. A question like this pauses intolerance or contrarian views but doesn't dilute them. I think if the desire is true inclusion, we have to keep the door open, which also means we attract diverse and contrarian views. Being in a diverse community, sharing an LR with somebody who is LGBTQ is so much better and authentic at broadening somebody's views than a passive-aggressive question like this. Yes. I will be wearing a jersey, because I want to and not because it's the path of least resistance which many who answer this question will walk. Not tolerating intolerance is intolerance - and although I am on the side of this cause, I wouldn't want somebody who comes from a religiously conservative upbringing to feel like they will never belong here, even if the condition of their heart is genuinely good but their moral principals are tuned elsewhere.

I know this could be a controversial take, but baiting people out doesn't sit right with me.

Golf. Had my first hole-in-one recently and now I am an addict.

I remember reading The Life of Pi when I was in Middle School and it broke my brain. It's my go-to for this question but recently I have enjoyed getting into Andy Weir's science fiction catalogue, as cliche as they are.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience
A great LR who want to spend time together. A supportive and fun environment that can create lasting relationships/friendships.

Bulbasaur.

I don't play a lot of games anymore. OG Overwatch as a Zarya main was elite times.

Harvey

RE: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Mayuu - 07-12-2023

- Player Name: Mephistopheles Morgonstjärna

- Position: LD

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Hippo Passamus

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Mayuu

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 6+

- Is water wet? No waters is smelly.

- What made you join the SHL? Lee threatened me.

Honestly down for whatever, I just want have fun.

Pros and cons about having different sized butt cheeks.

No

Smelly

We are all satans children. Regardless of who you are and what you like.

Baking bread.

Hard one. I really liked the Red Rising series. But there's just too many good ones.

A solid locker room

Bulbasaur. My first one.

At the moment. No Mans Sky, Satisfactory, Brotato, Football Manager

A seal, the dog of the sea

RE: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Fluw - 07-12-2023

Player Name:

- Position: Florian Söderberg-Motyla

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Gudmundur Kristjansson

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Back in 2018 via google search for hockey sim leagues.

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): fluw

Enough to GM, Sim and be on HO. So I guess 6+

- Is water wet?

Sure, it can be whatever you want it to be, water is fluid.

Needed to develop an addiction to something, figured it would be the SHL.

The goal is honestly to stay down the full 4 seasons, and just have fun trying new things.

God, I guess it could be Radishes? Don't ask, I had to do a thesis paper on wild Radishes in university way back when, not a fun period of time.

Indeed I have, I actually drove past it, kinda skipped over it on my way to Victoria from Jasper.

Quite uncomfortable after watching the movie Tusk. Don't or do watch it. It's pretty fucked up.

You all know me by now, and by the sig you can tell. Yes I am definitely wearing a pride themed jersey in our fake little hockey league, I am pretty proud to wear my pride sweater irl as well. Love for all.

SHL is my hobby tbh, I guess rope in bike riding. About to go on a 67 km ride after typing this.

God I don't remember tbh, I used to read more back like a decade ago. Let's just go with what I enjoyed, "Physics of the Future" by Michio Kaku

The people surrounding you/ that are part of the community. They can make or break it.

Any eeveelution. If I had to specifically pick one it would be Umbreon.

A variety from sports games, to management sims, to D&D style games, to grand strategy an the list goes on. Really depends on my mood

Hey this is my question! I love dogs with all my heart, and honestly if I were to choose it would be one of the 3, Australian Shepherd, Alaskan Malamute or a Poodle/Mix like my little friend I have at home.

RE: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - SewingWithNancy - 07-12-2023

- Player Name: Jeff Goldblum

- Position: Defense, shutdown punishing defense

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Sean Gatez

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): gooberpatrol

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.): about 2

- Is water wet? no

- What made you join the SHL? The pandemic, and ive stayed since

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Ive won a cup in the SHL, im hoping to win a cup in the J

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose? Structural engineering

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? No

- How do you feel about walruses? I am the walrus

- In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? Why am i not already wearing a rainbow jersey

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? job hunting

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Crossing to Safety, it was just a profound book about growing up and relationships 

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? A fun active LR

- What video games do you play? Hell Let Loose, Terraria, Mahjong

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Golden Retriever, cause everyone is a potential friend

RE: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - charlieconway - 07-12-2023

- Player Name:
Jae-ik Barron

- Position:
Center

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

Noah Charlevoix, a goalie. Before that was my first player, Adam Barron, a defenseman.

chaxizrlifwpe64ged68
(bolded only)

- Is water wet?
No. Water is water.

I like fantasy, I like roleplaying, I like hockey.

A mix of both. I'd like to play a few seasons in juniors and then make the jump to the big leagues after 3 seasons. But if there's no room and I'm better off staying for four I won't be heartbroken.

I honestly don't know. I'm not sure I could give one just from memory, as I'm not confident in being able to teach anyone anything with assurance that I know what I'm talking about.

Sure, I've known about it. I'm Canadian.

I don't have a lot of thoughts about them, but I wish them well.

I wear it without hesitation.

Been getting back into reading.

Slaughterhouse Five.

Participation and an active Locker room.

Cubone, because his bone mask reminds me of a goalie's.

I like RPGs, mainly single player games but sometimes MMOs. Also simulation/4X/grand strategy.

Greyhound because we're both lazy.

RE: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - CptSquall - 07-12-2023

- Player Name: Brooklyn Physt

- Position: Defence

- Recreates: Who was your last player? August Von Hecht

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): CptSquall #6858

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Something like 14 on average. But it is variable.

- Is water wet? Water, like all liquids, is indeed wet.

- What made you join the SHL? Way way back in the way back. It seemed like a fun and exciting way to live the dream of being in the greatest hockey league ever.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Honestly i'd love to win a 4 star cup for the first time since S40.

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose? Would either be a history lecture, because i actually enjoy history. Though it would not likely last 30 minutes because the class would fall asleep.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? I am born and raised in Southern British Colombia. Hard to not at least hear about Kelowna.

- How do you feel about walruses? They are animals. I don't know. I dont see any where i work.

- In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? I'd be excited, both to give to a cause as well as encourage more people to love my favorite sport. Would go so far as to sign said jersey.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Gotten more into gardening and foraging for local herbs and berries to cook with. Taking the ideas of natural, local, and fresh from New Nordic Cuisine.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) For me, its anything by Clive Cussler to be honest. The combination of adventure and life at sea is perfect for me.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? The camaraderie of ones locker room. That sort of feeling where you want the other teams to lose and get passionately into the rivalry.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Voltorb and Electrode. The idea of a violent pokeball to surprise your opponent. The usefulness of the card versions. (I have one in my deck right now)

- What video games do you play? Europa Universallis 4, Civ 6, Age of Empires 2.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? I am a short, cannonball of a man who is usually sweet and jovial, but becomes serious as soon as the situation warrants it. Not sure what breed of dog that would translate to.

RE: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - AK41 - 07-12-2023

- Player Name: Jordan Thompson (formerly Malik Brooks)

- Position: RW

- Recreate or First-Gen? First Gen

- Recreates: Who was your last player? N/A- I'm new!

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Through affiliate leagues (PBE & ISFL)

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): AK41.

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Plenty

- Is water wet? Yes- not falling for this trap.

- What made you join the SHL? Friends in the affiliated leagues told me to.

I am open to whatever is best for both teams involved.

- If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose? Either - Nutrient Utilization and how the body metabolizes food to turn it into energy OR Muscular Biomechanics.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? I have!

- How do you feel about walruses? Killer mustaches, 10/10 animals. 

- In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? Absolutely, get me a pride theme uniform, cool with me. 

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? I golf, a lot. 

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) I read a lot in my free time, but mostly personal development books. I would say the BEST book was 'The Complete Calvin and Hobbes.'

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? The Locker Room experience makes the league always that much better. Growing to know new people within the community makes the experience that much better.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Growlithe. Why? Because its a tiger dog that uses fire. I love dogs, how can you beat it. 

- What video games do you play? Mostly sports. Play a lot of MLB The Show, Madden, PGA Tour. Also play games like call of duty, far cry, grand theft auto, etc.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? American Staffordshire Terroir (Pitbull). I have one, and theyre one of the most loving and loyal breeds there is. 

RE: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - LordBirdman - 07-12-2023

- Player Name:
Jean-François Bokassa

- Position:
RD

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

Sven Svenson

birdman6969

3-7

- Is water wet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9BISHFOFXQ&ab_channel=JamesAnderson

Enjoyment of hockey and the entertainment of fake hockey.

This player is going to be a more relaxed player for me after hitting 2k TPE with my last player. I will still do all the tasks/weekly training, but most likely will not be doing seasonal coaching. I have ~$50M in the bank and want to keep that going for as long as possible without having to do a lot of $ earning, jobs, media etc.

Diablo 2 is the greatest game ever created.

No.

Ambivalent, other than the Geico goalie walrus. He's pretty cool.

I wear the jersey and sign it afterwards.

Gaming, golf.

I really enjoyed A Song of Ice and Fire series until I got to the last book and got sad that GRRM is unlikely to finish the story. I actually lost interest and didn't finish the last one. I enjoyed fantasy novels as a kid (my favorite was LOTR) and these books made me feel like a kid again, but with adult content. The setting, intrigue, and characters are great.

Being in a good community. Team and player success adds to the fun, but only one team gets to win it all every season and that isn't the main draw. Having a chance is fun, but it's not paramount.

Probably charmander because of playing the original games on game boy as a kid.

Diablo 2 (not so much anymore), Diablo 4 (tbd how long I keep going with new seasons), StarCraft II (every now and then for a quick fix), sometimes I get a Valheim itch, have played a lot of other RPGs in the past. Lately been playing Halls of Torment which is an awesome $5 indie game. I'm looking forward to StormGate coming out, which is made by the former RTS team at Blizzard.

A mutt, because I'm a mix of a few different personality types.

RE: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - puolivalmiste - 07-12-2023

Player Name: Jani Mänty

Position: Center

Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate

Recreates: Who was your last player? Björn Leppänen

Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): puolivalmiste

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)

Varies, lot of small fragments here and there but usually have at least hour for myself each day

Is water wet? Based on personal experience I would say it very likely is

What made you join the SHL? Because I was promised in reddit that I could play it casually (which I absolutely failed)

What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? This time I plan to stay down for full 4 seasons to experince all that J has to offer

If you had to give a 30 minute a lecture off of memory what topic would you choose? If it is 30+ I'd most likely talk about my current RPG campaign

Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? No, I had not

How do you feel about walruses? The animals are fine

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?

I'm in but I think any warm up jerseys are pretty stupid, they should wear them for a period at least preferably for whole game.

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? TTRPG design and GMing

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Lotr, don't read alot but still it is a classic for a reason so it very well deserves the mention here

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Must be the community

What's your favorite Pokemon? Why? Alakzam, 1st gen games had combined special stat that made it OP and MVP of my teams.

What video games do you play?

I just bought Super Blood Hockey and Cyberpunk 2077 from steam sale so those will likely be next. But in general it varies a lot.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?

Not really much of a dog person so can't really say which would be like me, but if I would get one I think it would be German Sheperd as my sister used to have one and it was a lovely dog.

RE: S72 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - TonyW19 - 07-12-2023

- Player Name: Ryland Murphy

- Position: Right Wing

- Who was your last player? Redd Savage

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): reddsvg

Family and lots of projects outside of sim leagues, id say between 5-8

- Is water wet?

Nope.

At first it was just something to add to the list of hobbies. Now I have some really good friends because of it and I like watching fake hockey players apparently.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career?

None at all, Just gonna do my best and hang out with my friends.

-Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

Totally staying all four years.

History. I know it sounds vague, but I would always go to that subject whenever I got called out by an instructor in boot camp. They'd say "You've got 2 minutes to prepare a speech about the impact of the Industrial Revolution on society, economy, and culture during the 18th and 19th centuries." Insert random topic, that was just an example.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Yes.

Huuuuuuuuuuge, I love the colors of their fur and blubber and I love to hear them growl. Very important to marine ecosystems.

- In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? No questions asked, im wearing it for my family, friends and co-workers.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Carpentry wiith my Wife, Cooking, obviously these sim leagues, and going to car shows.

I've had this big ass book of Sherlock Holmes for over thirty years, it was a huge influence on me as a kid and I still crack it open to this day.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? The community!

I don't have one. Fight me.

I'll play Diablo 4 and MLB from time to time but my heavy gaming days are done and I'm fine with that.

Jack Russell! They match my energy quite nicely.

Also, what made you guys edit out the question "What are your thoughts about the paradox of tolerance?" that was on this list yesterday?