Simulation Hockey League
S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro (/showthread.php?tid=132539)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - Zerg - 08-14-2023

Your task: You have minimum-25 words to tell a friend (or, perhaps, a spouse) who isn't a hockey fan why you enjoy this league so much, what it is that keeps you coming back. Go!
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Monday, August 21st at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies. If your player is S73, do not do this task.

RE: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - Zerg - 08-14-2023

Hockey nerds are inherently entertaining people. We're all so invested in a sport defined by its randomness that we leverage that fact to get more invested in a player on a screen that exists only in a video game defined by its randomness. It's like gambling for nerds, isn't it. Oh crap, do I need an intervention?

RE: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - Bayley - 08-14-2023

I really enjoy this league because of the people in the league. I think it's really about the friends and getting together with people from everywhere in one common goal. You do not even have to like hockey or the sport, it's all about enjoying company with people around you.

RE: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - Z0REM - 08-14-2023

I keep coming back to this league because I just love hockey and some of the people here are alright. But seriously, I come because I like to win and get accomplishments and I failed on my first player and I want all the success I missed out on!

RE: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - tomtommen - 08-14-2023

Since I have started this marathon I have to continue. I try very hard to give back to those that bet on my player in the early days. I never give up and finish what I start.

RE: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - Ace - 08-14-2023

I keep coming back simply due to the community. I have made a ton of great friends in the SHL, and it scratches that managerial itch I get from overanalyzing NHL teams. It's a great little hobby.

RE: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - trella - 08-14-2023

I enjoy the SHL and sim leagues in general because the communities fostered by them are full of amazing people who I consider close friends. Im a nerdy and anxious person so finding people with similar interests to me has been hard irl, but people in sim leagues are generally like-minded to me

RE: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - McGriddy10 - 08-14-2023

I enjoy the SHL because I can build a player in one of my favorite sports. I created my player after the Bruins legend Patrice Bergeron. I come back week after week because I have to help my team grow and become a better team.

RE: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - Kaliyevl34l - 08-14-2023

Who doesn't like or know hockey? I love hockey because its a fast paced game, I love it for the fighting, I love cheering on my favorite team. Its fun to sit an arena and watch the game and cheer when someone scores! its a thrill for me hearing that goal horn go off, or those players coming from the dressing room knowing its going to be an exciting game! There is never a dull moment in the sport of hockey! 

(82 Words)

RE: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - Otrebor13 - 08-14-2023

Sometimes I ask myself the same thing: why do I like this league so much. At this point in my SHL life I think it's mostly just hanging out and chatting with people. My activity around the forum itself is minimal so I just enjoy having good teams to be a part of and chat with.

RE: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - CapnCooper - 08-14-2023

SHL is a fun community for people who love hockey but also love to have a little place to be social and come together as a team and enjoy something together! It's great if you like watching numbers or like RPGs as you build a character while also getting involved in a locker room type of setting!

RE: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - sköldpaddor - 08-14-2023

I think the reason that I keep coming back here is because when I got really into it, we were in the middle of the pandemic and I was really fighting to maintain my own identity while adjusting to the challenges of being a first-time mom in complete isolation. This was my little corner of the internet, my little community where people knew me as Jess, just myself, not as somebody's mom or somebody's wife, where I had the ability to build a group of friends and an identity of my own. That's kind of what I tell people when they don't understand why I care so much about this, and why it upsets me so much when people act like asshats because they see it as just no big deal to be rude to people on the internet. I care too much because when I had no other way of carving out spaces for myself to be a person, due to the isolation of a pandemic and the nature of early parenthood, this was incredibly important to me and I don't want to lose it.

RE: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - Aephino - 08-14-2023

Well I'll say what I said to @kahri to get her to join. It's not really about hockey! I like hockey but I'm not a huge fan, and you don't have to be to enjoy the SHL. It's about meeting new people and being part of a community. It is also fun to watch your fake player score goals and win awards. Plus there are storylines with players and offseason drama!

RE: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - Anthique - 08-14-2023

Yes it's a hockey league, but you don't really have to know about hockey to love it here. So much good people and a great community, the only downfall is that goalie tpe don't matter.

RE: S72 mPT #3: Significant Aggro - Australiankek - 08-14-2023

What I enjoyed about hockey and what I got hooked up to it in the first place was that my dad made me play as goalie in a hockey team. Wanted to be in the NHL but switched to badminton instead because we had to travel from the place we were at all the way to the US of A's which just ended my career. After that, I got into hockey way more and truly loved the sport.