Simulation Hockey League
S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? (/showthread.php?tid=133433)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - Zerg - 10-09-2023

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

OPTION 1 - To the Victors Go the Spoils

Written Task: Your camp is nearly over and the kids are happy, but now the organization is considering buying tickets for the winning scrimmage team to one of your games. What seats do you suggest for the kids? Which game against which team? Do you have anything else in mind for them to do while they visit your city?

Graphic option: Create a hype poster for whichever matchup you're inviting the winning team to!

OPTION 2 - Defending Defensemen

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the defensemen on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a defenseman, tell me what you do to help your goalie out?

Graphic option: Show me your player forechecking! This can be a standard player graphic or an Xs-and-Os play drawing.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, October 15th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S74, that's not you.

RE: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - Zerg - 10-09-2023

PT Pass

RE: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - Valpix - 10-09-2023

What will I do to help my goalie out? The same thing I always do: try to produce goals and points. Sport is entertainment, scoring chances excite fans and put butts in seats, and I just happen to really really like producing from the blueline. "Oh but it's not blocking shots and sacrifice and your xGRIT is going to be rubbish" - yeah well, A) we have a really good goalie, as much as I like to joke about him being a sieve he's actually really fucking good (especially this season), and B) them scoring one goal doesn't matter when we're scoring three and making their goalie get sunburned from the red light behind him. Blocked shots? Hits? Pfffff. Those are for players on bad teams who don't have the puck and have to find a different way to be an iota of productive for fantasy points. And this has worked for me my whole career Smile

RE: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - JamesT - 10-09-2023

Code:
Written Task: Tell me what your player wants the defensemen on their team to do to help them out. If your player is a defenseman, tell me what you do to help your goalie out?

Ben Jammin has been one of the Chicago's syndicate work horses on the blue line for many seasons now alongside Adelie de Pengu, they are relied on for the powerplay, penalty and a lot during 5 on 5 play. When Ben joined the organization he was learning from previous Chicago defencemen such as Akira Ren and Jukka Timonen who provided him with insight on how to best be a defencemen and develop into a great one. Before Ben Jammin would focus on trying to be an offensive threat from the blue line by focusing his training on his offensive skills but he quickly realized that should be left up to his forwards to generate. Recently he is now committed to focus on playing a great two-way game by increasing his shot blocking and overall physical attributes such as acceleration, agility and speed to help his goalie Mat Smith stop the pucks. What is funny though now that he is focusing less on his offensive stats his point production has actually seen an increase.

(173 words)

RE: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - Carpy48 - 10-09-2023

Option 2

This is probably a little boring and very similar to the last PT, because again I have to write this from a goalie's perspective. I want our defenders to play defense first. Defend the net and help us goalies. Well that's basically it. Ideally they should do what I wrote last time, I know it's getting repetitive. Block shots, take away the puck from the other team's player, get in their way, do anything so we goalies see fewer shots on net - ideally none of course. Or if there are players from the other team near us, get them out of the way so that we can see the puck. If we (goalies) don't have to face as many shots the chances for the other team to score is lower. Of course you can play offense as well, nobody is stopping you, but defense is literally in your position's name so do that first.

RE: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - esilverm - 10-09-2023

PT PASS

RE: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - _Blitz_ - 10-09-2023

PT Pass

RE: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - adamantium - 10-09-2023

Code:
Option 1: 185 Words

-----

Well, he wasn't exactly expecting to ever have to see those New Zealander children ever again--at least not until one of them was in grand finals for Tekken 8 at EVO--but these sorts of things happen and they're unavoidable when you're a mega-star hockey player, so you've got to make due. But rather than bringing all of these kiwi children to Seattle, why not go to the next best thing? The Seattle Argonauts and the Calgary Dragons will be FACING OFF in Auckland next preseason to help grow the game (of hockey, regrettably) globally, and the forty kids that Benny cobra-kai'd into being halfway decent at Tekken will be showing up right at the lower bowl behind the Seattle bench. Asked for comments, forward Brennan Kennedy III had this to say:

"Tekken? What? Was that what Fiorentini was doing in New Zealand? That motherfucker asked all of us for like forty dollars so he could go help at a youth hockey camp in Auckland, are you telling me that he was teaching them fucking Tekken? He's dead. He's fucking dead, I'm gonna kill him."

RE: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - puolivalmiste - 10-09-2023

Option 1:
[Image: FdmUuZM.png]

RE: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - Muerto - 10-09-2023

As a centreman, Grogu needs to be in communication with the defense about where they should be in their own zone. Positioning is absolutely key in making sure that skating, shooting, and passing lanes are blocked off. Generally the three players want to form a triangle with one player always in front of the crease, clearing pesky players out of the way and not letting them screen the goalie. The other defender always has eyes to the puck or puck carrier and works on closing the distance to be effective at either a stick check, a hit, or a blocked shot. Grogu's focus is on intercepting passes and takeaways, so he has to be quick to see how the play is developing and anticipate where the puck might go. So it is always, one defender in front of the net, one defender pursuing the puck carrier, and the centreman cutting off the passing lanes. Puck retrieval is then key and they want to make a quick counter-attack through speed and quick passing, so usually one of the defenders has a green light to join the rush once the zone has been cleared.

RE: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - Figgy - 10-09-2023

OPTION 1

I think it is amazing that the winning squad gets tickets to a game. It is a great way to reward the kids for all of their hard work in camp over the last week. As for the seats that the kids would get, I would suggest in the end behind the rival teams net, as that is where all of the action will be anyways. If those are unavailable it won't matter as there really isn't a bad seat in the Sullivan Center. As for the victim, I mean competitor in that game I think it would only make sense to have it be against the Vancouver Whiners. First of all, they are right there with us at the top of the standings and secondly they are our most intense rivals. There would be guaranteed non-stop action and intense battles. Who doesn't love a good rivalry story right?

RE: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - Bayley - 10-09-2023

When you are kids, you just want to go to hang out with your friends. So, what seats do you get to the Regina Elk game? You get the suite tickets, of course. We can get so many chicken tendies and pizza for the kids and really just allow for a player for the kids to enjoy the game and also the parents to enjoy the game. Who cares about the game, and players typically like dinosaurs, so we will choose the game against the Colorado Raptors. I think that would be a fun game to watch and hopefully score a lot of goals. That would be fun for everyone. I do think it would need to be a weekend game because who wants a game during the week for anyone? The parents would hate that, the kids would love it, but some parents may not even have the kids attend if it was during the week. What a fun time this would be in Regina.

Words: 166

RE: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - ValorX77 - 10-09-2023

Videl Valor and the Texas Renegades are creating the experience for a lifetime for the winning team of the Texas Junior Hockey Championship. The first thing is that they will be given a tour of the practice facility and the arena, where they’ll be shown the best seats in the house which is between the penalty boxes. The next thing is that the team treats the kids out to lunch with the entire Renegades roster, and the kids get to meet the players and get signed equipment from the team as well. The kids will attend the next home game against their division rival, the Chicago Syndicate, to show how important rivalries are in the realm of hockey. But before they go to the game, they are given a tour of the Renegades Museum and the Texas Sports Hall Of Fame, where they saw the unveiling of a brand new statue immortalizing Cillian Kavanagh, Texas’ all time wins leader.
(159 words)

RE: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - ZootTX - 10-09-2023

Psh, the dmen do everything. I don't even know what the goalie does will all there spare time back there. Perhaps they crochet blankets for the babies at the local children's hospital!. Anyways, we block a lot of shots, and keep the puck out of the other teams possession altogether. Our goalie is top 5 in minutes played but has fewer shots against than most of the other starters. To add to that, we just generally annoy the other team. Hitting is our specialty, so if you dare to come on our side of the ice with the puck you can expect to get laid out and generally harassed until we either take the puck from you, or go back to the other side. I don't know what they do over there, either. I just blast the goal from the defensive end of the rink and hope it goes in. Anyways, clearly the defensemen are the most important folks on the ice!
165 words

RE: S73 PT#2: Who's on First? - karey - 10-09-2023

[Image: IMG_8319.png?ex=6536d70b&is=6524620b&hm=...46ffa07a1&]