Simulation Hockey League
S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week (/showthread.php?tid=134325)

Pages: 1 2 3

S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - Pyro182 - 12-11-2023

Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?
Written option: 150 words on the above
Graphic option: Make a Rivalry Week promo graphic highlighting the two teams squaring off
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S74 SMJHL Rookies (S75 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Deadline: Sunday, December 17th @ 11:59pm PST

RE: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - jacobcarson877 - 12-11-2023

This may not at all be relevant for the past, but right now Carolina and Quebec City are rivals for me. Both in a position where they are piling on as much young and growing talent as possible, and while they may not be title contenders in years 1 and 2, looking to 3 and 4 both teams are hoping to be absolutely dominant forces that can crush their opponents with top-end talents, and superior depth.

They've started off this rivalry grabbing 1st and 2nd overall in this latest SMJHL Draft. Carolina was excited to play this game, trading their pick to Quebec in order to kickstart the action. Who will come out on top is yet to be seen, but with both teams piling on TPE and building their systems up, it will be up to the engine to decide which team will win the war on the ice!

RE: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - Le Thrill - 12-11-2023

As the Quebec City Citadelles sit atop the league there is thorn that has remained in their side, the Colorado Raptors. Quebec has had three matchups against COL so far and we have the edge with a 2-1 series lead but Colorado is far from giving up. After defeating Colorado in the first game of the year, 6-3, Quebec would go on a 8 game win streak before finally suffering their first loss of the season. QCC's third loss came at the hands of none other than the Colorado Raptors who returned with vengeance defeating us handedly, 8-1. QCC would still remain atop the league and atop the division they share with Colorado but it seemed as though maybe the Raptors were the true kings of this division. In our third matchup QCC returned stronger than ever, beating the Raptors 7-0 (A denny's trip for the Citadelles) as they took off and solidified their first place spot on the league but we expect a good challenge from the Raptors.

RE: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - crutch - 12-11-2023

A slight rival to Carter Crutchfield personally would be the Detroit Falcons because they passed on him in the draft and kept him away from player agencies that he's really familiar with in dankoa and wannabefinn. That was a destination that Crutchfield had really hoped for, but alas it was not meant to be.

As for a team rivalry - the Anchorage Armada - I think their closest rival would probably be the Great Falls Grizzlies, at least for right now as they knocked out the Armada out of playoffs last season. However, the Armada seem to be having a much better season than the Grizzlies so far, lets hope it stays that was and the Armada can make a deep playoff push for this season, and hopefully bring a Four Star Cup back to the coldest state. Hopefully Crutchfield can play a role in making that happen. We'll see as the season develops.

RE: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - Puppy - 12-11-2023

I feel the most natural rival for Quebec is Detroit given the importance of establishing bird dominance. In a world of scarecrows and apex predators, only the most cunning and agile of birds can thrive. Falcons and Owls are both great examples of a predatory bird, and as such, a contest between them is fiercely contested. There is already an existing rivalry in place here, and plenty of media through the last few seasons to show for it. S73 was another storied chapter between these sides, as a first round playoff series saw Detroit come out 4-1 victory in the contest. This avian display of dominance will only add fuel to the fire for the coming campaigns, as the Falcons temporarily hold the upper hand in this fierce contest. Both teams are soaring high so far this year, each cruising towards the top of the standings looking down on their prey below. It seems likely there could be another playoff series in these teams’ futures, sure to be full of plenty of dislike and feral screeching.

RE: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - Mushroom - 12-11-2023

Kelowna hasn't had a strong rivalry on the ice for a few seasons it seems. That said there is always a battle for BC. We love to beat Vancouver and want to be the best team in British Columbia. So far this season we have played them twice and got blown out both times. We lost 8-1 and 6-3. Both games were early in the season and Kelowna started really poorly. The Knights have been playing more responsibility hockey lately and with two more games left against Vancouver we hope to even the season series at 2. I would love to see an epic battle with the Whalers and Knights in the playoffs this year. If we could go to a game 7 and have some awesome moments throughout the series maybe it would help spark the rivalry up. Us Knights need to do better on the ice to really make it a true rivalry. Right now Vancouver is on top no doubt but I know Kelowna can make it a real battle soon.

RE: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - Ragnar - 12-11-2023

I am going to be honest with you, I don't really know who the Carolina Kraken's rivals are since I am so new. I have seen a whole lot of Detroit Falcons slander in the server, and I guess I am here for it since I have to have my team mate's backs, so yeah, frig off, Detroit. Also, Anchorage because Gabe sucks and should be fired, and that is my old team and I guess I am supposed to hate them now (I love them all, including Gabe). But I have a personal rivalry with every team that passed me up in the draft, INCLUDING CAROLINA, because I was not their first pick. I was their second pick. So you know what? Frig Carolina too. I got beef with the entire league. Plus the two teams that didn't bother scouting me before the draft, I won't name any names or anything (it was Newfoundland and Yukon).

RE: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - Kyamprac - 12-11-2023

PBE Affiliate

RE: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - Waldo - 12-12-2023

ISFL PT

RE: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - Zema - 12-12-2023

As I currently do not have a team, I will speak of the ever eternal rivalry from my first full run in the J. The Newfoundland Berserkers.

The tale starts at our 2nd season. They were the obvious number 1 team through the entire season, while we were underdogs throughout. We managed to claw our way to the finals off the back of some great performances from our goalkeeper Leo. But the fairytale saga would end there, with them beating us and entering looking to enter their rebuild.

Meanwhile, we would be entering our true prime. And we managed to completely fail in two straight seasons due to the Berserkers overperformning and us not managing to reach our level.

The entire journey through all coming together with an insane run that ended, and our two subsequent seasons where we had demolished them in the regular season only for us to fall short when it mattered.

The rivalry will never end.

RE: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - swoosh - 12-12-2023

[Image: sLtqBre.png]

RE: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - Kalakar - 12-12-2023

I'm not entirely sure which team is Quebec City's rival yet as I haven't been around too long, but what I can tell you is that Bellona's personal rival is definitely Seven. Or Sv7en or however you spell it. The man can't even spell a number and he's a GM? He had the chance to draft an iconic player in the latest junior draft and instead he decided to trade the pick away? What a mistake that will surely bite him in the ass soon enough. As for the second overall pick, Olīvija Agate, I guess it wasn't his fault at the end of it, but come on, both players play the same position and you go for the unknown player? I don't know about that. I don't want to hate Agate, he seems like a nice fellow, but from the replays I've watched of him I don't see second overall potential at all. It was a massive mistake by the Kraken management and they'll realize it when Demir lifts up the cup at the end of the season.

RE: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - Seymour - 12-12-2023

There has always been a rivalry between the Quebec City Citadelles and the Beanmans. The roots of this intense rivalry can be traced back to the longstanding history between the Citadelles and Bean Beanman Sr. Bean Beanman Sr, an Anchorage icon in his own right, had a storied career filled with triumphs and hard-fought battles on the ice. His clashes with the Quebec City Citadelles became the stuff of legend, characterized by nail-biting games, and dramatic comebacks. Enter Bean Beanman Jr, stepping into the skates of his legendary father. The torchbearer of a legacy, Bean Beanman Jr inherited not only the skill and finesse but also the burning desire to conquer the Citadelles. The battles that once raged between his father and the Quebec City team now became a part of his own narrative, fueling the flames of an already fiery rivalry. Every matchup between Bean Beanman Jr's team and the Citadelles is a chapter in an ongoing saga, a continuation of a legacy that spans generations.

RE: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - Wasty - 12-13-2023

[Image: OOWhSnU.png]

RE: S73 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week - Urq660 - 12-13-2023

ISFL Affiliate