Simulation Hockey League
S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist (/showthread.php?tid=134405)

Pages: 1 2 3

S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - Pyro182 - 12-18-2023

At this point in the season, you should be starting to get into the groove with your teammates. But it's not all about the chemistry when you're on the ice - it's the tunes you listen to in the locker room before you get out there that really help you bond.
Written Task: List 5 songs that are on your team's pre-game playlist, and tell us why they're played (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Design the album cover for a CD-version of your team's pre-game playlist. Has to include at least the team name and logo.
Reward:
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S74 SMJHL Rookies (S75 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.

Deadline: Sunday, December 24th @ 11:59pm PST

RE: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - prattk1987 - 12-18-2023

1. We Will Win - Reba West (cause we go into every game thinking we will win duh!)
2. Old Turkey Buzzard - Jose Feliciano (the Elk's natural rival is the turkey buzzard and we need to make sure everyone understands Elk will never surrender to this found - this is a good reminder!)
3. Yellow Submarine - The Beatles (cause who doesn't love this song before a game? it gets us pumped to hit the ice!)
4. No Man Left Behind - All Good Things (pretty self explanatory - no one on the Elk or our community gets left behind - that's the Elk creed - unlike the turkey buzzard creed which is "every buzzard for themself")
5. The Lost Battlion - Sabaton (cool song but also honoring the lost battlion on Elk who disappeared somewhere between S55 & S56. RIP our lost breathen - may you never be forgotten in this world & the next!)

Antlers forward!

RE: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - jacobcarson877 - 12-18-2023

When it comes to warmups and getting in the zone, Agate is very much a loner. Only one that can get her mind in the right spot is herself. She often disappears for an hour or 2 before games, only to return at the perfect time for the final pep-talk from Coach. But in the meantime, music is certainly a large part of her routine.

intellectual greed - brakence | there's something about brakence that really activates all the different spots in her brain, and it builds the energy leading into the rest of her playlist.
Nervous Young Inhumans - Car Seat Headrest | this song on the other hand is heard in every single spot of her brain simultaneously, the overwhelming instrumental helps her prepare for the multitude of noises during the game
Loose Change - Royal Blood | The consistent beat and the distorted bass guitar creates a perfect rhythm to time stretches and pre-game exercises. At the climax, it makes for a perfect interval for some high-intensity warmup. She often replays that part for a while.
Lean Beef Patty - JPEGMAFIA & Danny Brown | this song increases her heartrate by at least 20 every time she hears it. It feels like every second's goal is to increase the energy from the last second.
MY EYES - Travis Scott | this song completely slows everything down to a stop to open the track, and then builds into consistent barrage of flow, perfect for entering the game ready to bring her full self into each game.

RE: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - Zema - 12-18-2023

Herman is obviously the DJ in the locker room. And with a name like that (Steel), we are going in very heavy.

1. Hammer Smashed Face - Cannibal Corpse
Might as well. A song that really pumps you up to the heavens. When even Ace Ventura himself can appreciate the glory of the Death Metal gods, you know it's good.

2. Stranded - Gojira
The Frenchmen will give us the power through an awesome riff and great rythms to get us up to match tempo, match speed to score the goals and keep them out.

3. Master of Puppets - Metallica
It's fast, it's heavy, it's perfect. This metal classic is a staple on the song list. The Cap'n himself requested it specifically.

4. 5 Minutes Alone - Pantera
It does not get any better than this. There are few songs that are as good as this one at getting players pumped up, and the audience with it.

5. Never gonna give you up - Rick Astley
Timeless classic. If you do not like this song, you simply do not enjoy life living. The last song we play before hitting the ice.

RE: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - Ragnar - 12-18-2023

This would probably be like more what I would listen to on my airpods more than what would be played in the locker room. Most people don't like the music I like.

Shadow of Intent - Barren and Breathless Macrocosm
I start my playlist off with one of the heaviest and most brutal songs there is, because I fucking love that kind of music and I want to be heavy and brutal on the ice.

Kenny Loggins - Highway to the Danger Zone
Absolute badass motivating song.

The Battle Theme from Gladiator, composed by Hans Zimmer
This is an incredible song and my favorite song of all time to workout to.

Something from the Jon Wick sound track
Because all the songs on the soundtrack get me amped up and make me feel like I am a badass hitman even tho I'm a pussy lmao

Slaughter to Prevail - Bratva
Finishing off the pregame playlist with a song almost as brutal as the song that started it off. Ready to hit the ice frothing with anger and hate.

RE: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - leafsftw1967 - 12-18-2023

Drake's "Over" and "Forever," Rihanna's "Run This Town," and Eminem's "Lose Yourself" and "Till I Collapse" would be my five top hockey game pump-up songs. I chose these songs because each of them have strong and energetic beats that can help increase adrenaline levels and create a sense of excitement. The fast-paced rhythm of these tracks can align with the intensity of a hockey game. The lyrics of these songs also often convey messages of perseverance, determination, and overcoming challenges. In a sports context like hockey, where teams face physical and mental challenges, these themes can resonate with both players and fans, creating a sense of unity and motivation. In addition, the artists themselves, such as Drake, Rihanna, and Eminem, are known for their powerful stage presence and ability to command attention. Their music often reflects a confident and bold attitude, which can be contagious and boost the confidence of both players and fans.

RE: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - Kalakar - 12-18-2023

Ever since stepping in the Quebec City Citadelles locker room, Demir Bellona quickly figured out that he and Song Ju-Gong would become friends. The adjustment to the foreign environment could've been scary but both players bonded over their love of Kpop. Since being drafted first overall, Demir Bellona had the privileges of setting up the pre-game playlist in the locker room. The idea was simple, to craft a great sounding Kpop playlist from the two most popular groups in Korea while trying to pump up the team. It's pretty obvious by looking at the song titles that the recurring theme was to build up this invincible aura around the team that hasn't wavered since the beginning of the season. There might only be a single player on the team that can understand the lyrics, but so far there hasn't been any complaints about the song choices.

1. Twice - Set Me Free
2. Twice - Perfect World
3. BTS - Mic Drop
4. BTS - We are Bulletproof: The Eternal
5. BTS - Not Today

RE: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - Wasty - 12-19-2023

[Image: U4ISz90.png]

RE: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - crutch - 12-19-2023

1. "Esketit" by Lil Pump - Lil Pump always gets the boys and gals fired up, so might as well come through with the heat with this song named ESKETIT, named after one of Lil Pump's adlibs.
2. "For Whom The Bells Toll" by Metallica - a banger always, old Metallica never misses. For Whom The Bells Toll should get the Armada ready to run through a goddamn brick wall.
3. "Thunderstruck" by AC / DC - a youth classic for Crutchfield, hearing this in minor hockey never failed to get him pumped up, and nothing has changed - it's a heater through the ages and everybody knows it. Even those that aren't great at English on the team always come through with a booming "THUN-DER"
4. "Rollin' (Air Raid Vehicle)" by Limp Bizkit - What more do I need to say? Rollin is an all time classic. Limp Bizkit gets the people fuckin' fired up.
5. "Enter Sandman" by Metallica - Another youth classic that'll get the Armada moving and ready to play their hearts out to hopefully make the SMJHL Playoffs.

RE: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - Akoustique - 12-19-2023

PBE Affiliate

RE: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - Puppy - 12-19-2023

Given that the sim today went through Christmas, and we’re all less than a week from the real thing as well, what better chance to select a few festive tunes that may or may not be getting passed around the locker room in Quebec. Given the variety in rock, kpop, and appreciation for classics, a wide variety is always on display.

Christmas Day - EXO
No kpop song does a better job of setting a festive mood that this upbeat, uplifting, and frankly soul warming ballad. Ju-gong would make sure it gets some play.

Sleigh Ride – The Ronettes
This classic has withstood the test of time and is well represented among the group thanks mostly do to Juan Tymer.

Christmas Kisses – Serena Ryder
Naturally a Canadian singer spreading the festive spirit would have its place around QCC, one of the GM’s made sure of it.

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen – Bing Crosby
Taking tidings of comfort and joy into a dominant first half of the season thanks to Abdi Smokes.

Do They Know It’s Christmas? - Band Aid 30
This one got put on by one of the Solberg twins, either way, it passed the vibe with ease.

RE: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - Kyamprac - 12-20-2023

Mia Lavoie usually doesn't get to pick the pre-game playlist, mostly because Edouard and JJ Frankie JJ know better than to allow her to do that. She gets to contribute, of course.. but if Mia was going to go all out, she'd build the corniest pre-game song list possible just because. This might include:

1. Here we Go by NSync - gotta get the team flow going with some NSync. If Maine can get the choreography down for this song, we'll also have the most hype pre-game warmup entrance in the league.

2. Man, I feel like a Woman by Shania Twain - nothing hypes Mia up like a bunch of grown men in the locker room shouting out the lyrics of this song with her. Let's go girls!

3. Stop by the Spice Girls - this one is for Shotty McStopper. If he can get  "stop right now, thank you very much" stuck in his head, there's no way that puck is going to get past him come game time.

4. Toxic by Britney Spears - this one's for helping with the mental game - build some grit, have your best chirps ready to go.

5. Get the Party Started by Pink - by this point Maine is hyped and ready to come out and get this party started!

RE: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - Halkohol - 12-20-2023

Everyone knows that these days locker rooms are not what they used to be, You cannot be hyped up with pop so the list has been replaced as part of signing the contract, now we play metal and only metal.

1. Cowboys from Hell - Pantera. Simply a good starter to wake us up and hit our warm up with good vibes.
2. For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica. Now we need to find some anger against our opponents and this is the perfect song to get ready to hit the ice.
3. Only for the Weak - In Flames. Nice tunes but a bit calmer still to find ourselves before the real metal hits.
4. Flying Whales - Gojira. This song is epic on another scale and brings us up and ready for the finale.
5. Walk - Pantera. We return to Pantera because this song is pretty much the perfect song to bring out that anger and adrenaline that you need to deliver some great hits and goals in the game!

RE: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - leviadan - 12-20-2023

First song is Say So by Doja Cat. This one is mostly a utilitarian choice. It's been on my phone since it was huge in like 2019 and nobody complains when it gets played, so we just roll with it. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Next up we have DVP by PUP. Great pump up song, good driving tempo, gets the blood flowing. It also helps to have some Canadian artist representation for the contingent of homesick Canadian kids playing down here in Colorado.

We've got As it Was by Harry Styles on there for a post-game song. It's upbeat, it's cheery, it's a good easy listen after win. Gets the guys loose and having fun, little bit of dancing after the game.

Mr. Blue Sky by ELO fits a similar role. After a win its nice to have something that gets the guys singing a bit. Big morale booster and a bonding opportunity.

Finally we have Sindhu Sesh by Pete & Bas because it goes hard as hell.

RE: S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist - swoosh - 12-20-2023

[Image: ETZjXDy.png]