Simulation Hockey League
SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: SMJHL Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim (/showthread.php?tid=137642)

Pages: 1 2 3

SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim - SchwarzNarr - 07-04-2024

Good afternoon SMJHL!

Late last night/early this morning, we discovered that the wrong file had been pulled to start the week of sims. In this file only half of the teams were updated. This means that for the entire sim-week thus far, half player updates were being used, which does not allow for the same competitive advantage throughout the league. We've worked to make sure we have systems in place to try and eliminate this as a possible error moving forward, as well.

The correct file was obtained, and in accordance with past precedent, Head Office ruled to re-sim this entire sim week with the correct file. This re-sim will occur tomorrow, on Friday, beginning at noonish Eastern. We're going to run the full week of Sims playoff style, with each day occurring, a slightly break in-between for GMs and then continuing on.

We are not re-simming today due to the holiday and the inability for all members of our GM community to adequately digest this information in a timely manner, and make any changes they may need to.

Additionally, for the ease of the sim team and the fact it offers no real competitive advantage to a team, all DFAs that were signed this week will be in the entirety of the sim week, as opposed to sprinkled throughout.

If you have any questions, please reach out to myself or anyone else in HO. Happy American Freedom Day,

Have a great remainder of the season!

Schwarz

RE: SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim - Ruggsy - 07-04-2024

This egregious oversight has not only precipitated a cataclysmic disruption in the delicate tapestry of competitive equilibrium within our esteemed league but has also flagrantly undermined the meticulously orchestrated strategies and indefatigable endeavors of every discerning GM who has fastidiously cultivated and judiciously managed their contingent. As an unwavering advocate for the unimpeachable sanctity of our league's integrity, I find myself beset by an ineffable maelstrom of indignation and consternation in the face of this lamentable debacle

RE: SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim - SchwarzNarr - 07-04-2024

07-04-2024, 01:04 PMRuggsy Wrote: This egregious oversight has not only precipitated a cataclysmic disruption in the delicate tapestry of competitive equilibrium within our esteemed league but has also flagrantly undermined the meticulously orchestrated strategies and indefatigable endeavors of every discerning GM who has fastidiously cultivated and judiciously managed their contingent. As an unwavering advocate for the unimpeachable sanctity of our league's integrity, I find myself beset by an ineffable maelstrom of indignation and consternation in the face of this lamentable debacle
This feels like some kind of V for Vendetta speech without the alliteration.

RE: SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim - luke - 07-04-2024

Good afternoon SMJHL,

While I acknowledge the communication regarding the recent sim-week debacle, I must express my profound consternation and dissatisfaction with the manner in which this egregious error has been handled. The inadvertent utilization of an erroneous file that rendered half of the teams disadvantaged is an inexcusable oversight, betraying a lack of meticulousness that is imperative in maintaining competitive integrity within our esteemed league.

The decision to postpone the re-simulation until tomorrow, ostensibly to accommodate the holiday, is a perplexing choice that further exacerbates the situation. The delay undermines the urgency required to rectify such a critical error and leaves teams in a state of limbo, unable to adequately strategize or adapt to the circumstances thrust upon them.

Moreover, the inclusion of all DFA signings throughout the sim week, irrespective of their original timing, raises questions about the consistency and fairness of the re-simulation process. This deviation from the normative procedure, although seemingly minor, introduces additional variables that could affect competitive balance, thereby compromising the legitimacy of the outcomes.

In summation, the handling of this situation has been far from exemplary, and I urge Head Office to adopt more stringent measures to prevent such lapses in the future. The integrity of our league depends on the unwavering adherence to fairness and precision, values that have been regrettably compromised in this instance.

Regards,

[Your Name]

RE: SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim - slothfacekilla - 07-04-2024

Tough week for the simmers eh

RE: SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim - Seany148 - 07-04-2024

Of course we resim the one time Vancouver beats @Eggcracker

I demand an investigation.

RE: SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim - ZootTX - 07-04-2024

As the kids say: 'Bruh'

RE: SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim - bbjygm - 07-04-2024

07-04-2024, 01:07 PMluke Wrote: Good afternoon SMJHL,

While I acknowledge the communication regarding the recent sim-week debacle, I must express my profound consternation and dissatisfaction with the manner in which this egregious error has been handled. The inadvertent utilization of an erroneous file that rendered half of the teams disadvantaged is an inexcusable oversight, betraying a lack of meticulousness that is imperative in maintaining competitive integrity within our esteemed league.

The decision to postpone the re-simulation until tomorrow, ostensibly to accommodate the holiday, is a perplexing choice that further exacerbates the situation. The delay undermines the urgency required to rectify such a critical error and leaves teams in a state of limbo, unable to adequately strategize or adapt to the circumstances thrust upon them.

Moreover, the inclusion of all DFA signings throughout the sim week, irrespective of their original timing, raises questions about the consistency and fairness of the re-simulation process. This deviation from the normative procedure, although seemingly minor, introduces additional variables that could affect competitive balance, thereby compromising the legitimacy of the outcomes.

In summation, the handling of this situation has been far from exemplary, and I urge Head Office to adopt more stringent measures to prevent such lapses in the future. The integrity of our league depends on the unwavering adherence to fairness and precision, values that have been regrettably compromised in this instance.

Regards,

[Your Name]

TLDR: Booooo!

RE: SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim - RashfordU - 07-04-2024

I’d formally like to blame @luke for not having the portal catch this issue before it happened, please update portal to ensure this never occurs again

RE: SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim - r0tzbua - 07-04-2024

lolwat

“We now have systems in place”

Tha- thanks?

RE: SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim - sköldpaddor - 07-04-2024

07-04-2024, 07:37 PMr0tzbua Wrote: lolwat

“We now have systems in place”

Tha- thanks?

would you rather that not happen?

07-04-2024, 08:52 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: would you rather that not happen?

I’d rather have these already in place before we have to re-sim a whole week but idk, maybe I’m weird?

RE: SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim - sköldpaddor - 07-04-2024

07-04-2024, 09:06 PMr0tzbua Wrote: I’d rather have these already in place before we have to re-sim a whole week but idk, maybe I’m weird?

Well, unfortunately, this league has humans in it and occasionally they make mistakes. We live and we learn and we put new systems in place once we realize things are an issue, but sometimes we don’t anticipate them before they happen. Hopefully soon we will all be replaced by AI and this won’t be an issue!

RE: SMJHL File Error & Re-Sim - SDCore - 07-04-2024

I for one welcome our AI overlords

07-04-2024, 09:18 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: Well, unfortunately, this league has humans in it and occasionally they make mistakes. We live and we learn and we put new systems in place once we realize things are an issue, but sometimes we don’t anticipate them before they happen. Hopefully soon we will all be replaced by AI and this won’t be an issue!

lol, yeah that’s one way to tackle situations like this.