Simulation Hockey League
I’m back as Jayson Flemmings this time…. - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: I’m back as Jayson Flemmings this time…. (/showthread.php?tid=139490)

I’m back as Jayson Flemmings this time…. - Shylo_Moxii - 10-14-2024

Well, it’s been a very very long time.

I thought I might address the elephant in the room for why I have been gone for so long, and maybe address some new player storylines.

I’d like to thank everyone for the support from well over a year ago. I had the chance to create a special bond with players and ownership in Montreal, Quebec City, and Great Falls. I had considered coming back a couple different times. Including about 6 months ago. Didn’t feel it was the right time yet. I still had real life things to address including job swap, career path choices, car purchasing experience (absolutely sucked 1,000% would never wish that on anyone.) I also went through a time where I lost a co-worker who passed away in an accident on a 4-wheeler, he had a daughter who was only 8 months old. This was very much a daunting thing to go through for me as an empathetic, compassionate person. So the more I went through those challenging times, I started wanting to surround myself with people. People who I’ve always had good relationships with, which always began here. So I am now back, just trying to have a good fun experience again.

Now that we have that out of the way.

Jayson Flemmings…… where do we go with this one? Well, Jayson Flemmings has always been a character in my own world. You see I created my own hockey league world. Where I created prospects, in a prospect league that played each other and would go on to be in drafts. So with that in mind I want to take this personal storyline into the most creative way as possible. 

So Jayson Flemmings from London, Ontario. Grew up on the ice, grew up a London Knights CHL fan. Big Maple Leafs fan as well. A decision that would grow heavily on his mind is how will he get to the dream of where he wants to go. Decision to make was CHL or through the American system in the Midwest near his grandparents.

Jayson Flemmings ultimately decided to go to the SPHL where he would push his way into the USHL and land himself a spot on the Waterloo Blackhawks. Now as a Waterloo Blackhawk he struggled to find meaningful minutes his first year. He pushed to get better minutes on Waterloo, but it just never worked out and he got traded to the Chicago Steel. Now the easy part about this is his grandparents are living in Tennessee. Retirement was not taxed in that specific state which is why they moved in the relatively small town in Tennessee to get peace and quiet. Also not having any taxes on their retirement money.

Now on the Chicago Steel, because the team is struggling and has been in an interesting predicament they start to test different lines out. Bingo, Jayson finds himself in the Top 6. This was a great achievement for Jayson Flemmings, but coming up into the NHL draft there wasn’t much hope of him getting drafted into the NHL being the small sample size of play. Instead of staying in the USHL hoping he would get drafted as an overager.

He decides it’s time for him to go to College. The college level for Jayson was harder to find a suitable candidate. ACHA was almost his only option. However, he gets a call from Head Coach Bill Muckalt. Now keep in mind Muckalt has had a long coaching career at the USHL, and College level. Including Eastern Michigan, Michigan Tech, Tri-City, and Michigan University where he was the assistant coach for 6 years. Fast forward, he is now the Head Coach of the Lindenwood University Lions. A school who started hockey in 2003 and has now made the jump to NCAA D-1 Hockey. Jayson Flemmings jumps on the opportunity to go to a private school on a full ride. Playing for a less competitive team, but more playing time and still gets more Tv exposure than USHL.

Jayson plays for Lindenwood for 2 years that included no Frozen Four Appearances due to Lindenwood not being postseason eligible just recently moving up. An extensive resumé on his stat line.

He transfers to Michigan University to be on a prestigious roster was again an amazing accomplishment. Michigan he has much of the same skills as he did in Lindenwood. Only true difference is now he became an all around player through practice rather than being a pure goal scorer.

He makes it to his senior year and becomes the captain. They go on to win the Frozen Four over the infamous Denver University. Now we are at the cross roads of the story where we find the Shl. Still ineligible for the SMJHL Entry Draft. He makes his way onto the waiver list after being approved by the Ho and the player’s association. So now we start heading to the point of unknown. What team will Jayson Flemmings land on now? Keep in tune to find out.

(853 words)

RE: I’m back as Jayson Flemmings this time…. - Shylo_Moxii - 10-14-2024

Graders don’t hate me for this. I need to stack my bread back up. I accidentally left the card subscription on. And spent over 27 million dollars on trading cards. (That really sounds horrid out loud LOL)

RE: I’m back as Jayson Flemmings this time…. - luke - 10-14-2024

ayy welcome back shylo!

10-14-2024, 06:56 PMluke Wrote: ayy welcome back shylo!
Thanks Luke! I hope you have been doing well! And if a budget spot opens up let me know LOL

RE: I’m back as Jayson Flemmings this time…. - aleks - 10-14-2024

i dont think the london knights exist in the shl universe

10-14-2024, 09:12 PMaleks Wrote: i dont think the london knights exist in the shl universe
I’m basically acting as if SHL is the end all be all and all paths lead to the SHL, which includes CHl USHL etc etc.