Simulation Hockey League
Rehn Miller Interview - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=403)
+---- Thread: Rehn Miller Interview (/showthread.php?tid=14932)

Pages: 1 2

- RehnX - 10-01-2012

The 4th overall selection in the North West Junior Hockey League, Rehn Miller, has had a rather rocky start to his career, but he's not too concerned about it. Tonight, we interview the young playmaker about his draft experience, his teammates, and his season expectations.

[Image: 250px-2011-03-12_James_Neal.jpg]

Interview Hello Rehn, thanks for joining us tonight, we'll jump right into the questions; You were selected 4th Overall by the Montreal Impact, was that a surprise?

"To be honest, it was a little bit of a surprise. To that point there wasn't much contact between my camp and the Impact, but being selected there was a pleasent surprise, the management has been great, and the city is wonderful, I had other places I wanted to go before the draft, but now that I've seen Montreal, I think I'll be keeping residence here once I'm a regular on an SHL club."

Interview It is a pretty nice city, when it comes to the rest of the draft, how do you feel the Impact did, outside of yourself of course?

"I liked all of Darian and Ben's picks, Schultz was obvious, but picking up Di Gennaro with the 7th was brilliant, I don't think he was that high on a lot of teams lists, but that's their fault, he's been a great teammate and locker room guy, and his skill on the ice is fun to watch. Sadly him and Light have developed chemistry, so I won't really get to play with him too much, but they'll be a great tandem to watch."

Interview You've personally gotten off to a rough start, being held scoreless for 3 games. Given your offensive pedigree do you feel you've failed on your expectations?

"What? We're 3 games into the season, and have only lost 1. Individual awards aren't that important to me, we're doing pretty good as a team and that's really all that matters, the team is playing pretty well as a unit, and I like what we're seeing. My points will come eventually, but even if I score 0 goals this season, as long as we're winning then obviously we're doing something right."

Interview Some people had you penciled in for a letter on the team, but the captains ended up being Light, Schultz, and Tripp, what are your thoughts on that?

"Well, Schultz and Light were easy, the team had a harder time picking who would wear the last 'A', as our team is full to the brim with leadership, it was decided that we would have a players vote, and I told them to take me off the list, Tripp deserves it for what he's done for the team and I haven't earned the right to wear it yet. Those 3 have been our leaders on the ice, and there really couldn't have been finer choices."

Interview In a recent loss to the Vancouver Whalers, your power play would best be described as "anemic", going 1 for 9 on the man advantage. How have the coaches been rectifying that?

[Image: hockey.jpg]

"We've been running a lot of power play drills with different line combinations and set-ups, with all the talent we have up front it really doesn't make a lot of sense, but sometimes you just have to shoot it on goal and hope for the best, and sometimes those shots just don't go in. Again, with all of the talent we have offensively, I don't expect that our power play will be so bad going forward."

Interview What would you say is the mood in the locker room? What are the expectations the team has for themselves?

"I think every team has the same expectations, but in our room it's a little different. We've been called the favorites by everyone from members of other teams and media experts, all the way up the chain to SHL GM's, so I think there is a sense of living up to that, but overall we're pretty relaxed, we know what we can do, and we feel we are the best overall team in the league.

Interview I won't ask you which team you think will make it out of the East, but who are your favorites for the West?

"Probably Vancouver, Smith has been putting on a show, and with all the talent on that team I think they'll be right there at the end. Some of their players have had the same slow start we've had, but I think that once they kick it up they're be right up there as one of the better offensive teams."

Interview Last question. How do you plan on improving your game by seasons end?

"I'm planning on working on my playmaking a lot, as well as my defense and scoring, I want to be a guy that coach is comfortable putting into any situation, I want to make sure I'm at the best that I can possibly be by the end of the season and heading into the playoffs, but mostly I'm just hoping to develop the chemistry with my linemates, that will come in time but right now we're still learning each others tendencies."

Miller will now be taking any questions.

Code:
861 words, 2 images

- RehnX - 10-01-2012

Decided to go with an easier article by doing an interview before bed tonight, obviously not going to get a ton of money here, but it'll supplement my account while I hopefully finish up my massive outlook thread in the next couple days.

- Di Gennaro - 10-01-2012

Good read! The Miller show will start soon, just like in the Olympics Wink

- pointforwardtex - 10-01-2012

Quote:Originally posted by Di Gennaro@Oct 1 2012, 09:42 AM
Good read! The Miller show will start soon, just like in the Olympics  Wink

Miller had Cerilli during the Olympics when he went on fire and now Smith has Cerilli see the trend here? Smile JK! At some point Miller will start lighting it up the team as a whole could catch fire, if you do not come out of the East as Champs with that team something is wrong.

- RehnX - 10-01-2012

[QUOTE=pointforwardtex,Oct 1 2012, 09:59 AM]

Miller had Cerilli during the Olympics when he went on fire and now Smith has Cerilli see the trend here? Smile JK! At some point Miller will start lighting it up the team as a whole could catch fire, if you do not come out of the East as Champs with that team something is wrong.[/QUOTE

And now Miller has Schultz, Westbrook, and Serpe on the blueline, and Corey-mah****in'-Tripp as a wing.

RehnX,Oct 1 2012, 10:05 AM Wrote:[QUOTE=pointforwardtex,Oct 1 2012, 09:59 AM]

Miller had Cerilli during the Olympics when he went on fire and now Smith has Cerilli see the trend here? Smile JK! At some point Miller will start lighting it up the team as a whole could catch fire, if you do not come out of the East as Champs with that team something is wrong.[/QUOTE

And now Miller has Schultz, Westbrook, and Serpe on the blueline, and Corey-mah****in'-Tripp as a wing.

Apparently that's worse than Cant and Cerilli because you suck this year breh!

- RehnX - 10-01-2012

Nice Olympic +/- and points Cerilli.

#carriedasusual

This guy hadn't even seen Star Wars until last week!

- JNH - 10-01-2012

Payment:

Word Count: 853
Professionalism/Thoroughness: 8.5/10
Interest: 9/10
Form: 8.5/10

Payment: 450k

Comments: Good read Cheers Couple spelling/grammar mistakes

Quote:Originally posted by RehnX@Oct 1 2012, 12:03 PM
Nice Olympic +/- and points Cerilli.

#carriedasusual

This guy hadn't even seen Star Wars until last week!

I was too worried making Rehn Miller look like a G instead of a bust its a hard job as Roman Schultz has already figured out im sure Tongue!

- RehnX - 10-01-2012

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Oct 1 2012, 04:03 PM
[b]Payment:

Word Count: 853
Professionalism/Thoroughness: 8.5/10
Interest: 9/10
Form: 8.5/10

Payment: 450k

Comments:  Good read Cheers Couple spelling/grammar mistakes[/b]

Damn, I figured I made a few but didn't have time to proofread last night(had to be up at 4am Wink)

Oh well, like I said, that will hold me over while I finish the monster.

- RehnX - 10-01-2012

Quote:Originally posted by pointforwardtex@Oct 1 2012, 05:16 PM

I was too worried making Rehn Miller look like a G instead of a bust its a hard job as Roman Schultz has already figured out im sure Tongue!

Schultz is SO MAD about me not putting up points in games we've won and our single loss, breh.

- TEDDYbear777 - 10-02-2012

Hey us Whalers are undefeated. So uhm GET DOWN BOY. jk but not really.

- pointforwardtex - 10-02-2012

You have 2 loses breh, to a team we swept mind you.

- Schultzy - 10-02-2012

Quote:Originally posted by pointforwardtex@Oct 2 2012, 01:34 AM
A pair of shootout losses? Yeah I can live with that. Our only regulation loss came to you guys and it was a pretty close game. Montreal has points in 4 of the first 5 games this season, that's not too shabby. Wink

Besides, Miller is a beast and everyone knows it. Towel

- RehnX - 10-02-2012

Quote:Originally posted by pointforwardtex@Oct 2 2012, 01:34 AM

LA Kings first 5 games last year.

3-2

The Oilers at the start of the season went on a 6 game winning streak.

By the end of the season?

[Image: draftlottery.jpg]

[Image: Los-Angeles-Fans-Celebrate-Kings-Stanley...ory-01.jpg]

You Whale are getting a little too caught up in the meaningless games, IMO. :hmph: