Simulation Hockey League
Official NHL 14 Wish List - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: "Official" Thread Forum (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=348)
+---- Thread: Official NHL 14 Wish List (/showthread.php?tid=21709)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Maxy - 03-24-2013

List your wishes for NHL 14.

Here's all of mine
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED BE-A-PRO.

Honestly Be-A-Pro could not be more boring to me right now, I enjoy playing the game, I enjoy being locked on one player but it feels like the regular game and I don't get the feeling I'm actually, being a pro. The mode reminds me more of a "Control a pro, while they're on the ice and nothing more"

Give me some incentive to actually play this mode instead of just playing to get trophies and XP. NBA 2K13 and MLB The Show have done it right, make it so you can be a Media figure in Twitter, make it so you can have press conferences, make it so there's more to the actual mode than playing games and gaining a higher ranking in the lineup. Earn Endorsements, make it so you can purchase custom skates, and for goalies custom goalie helmets (And I mean CUSTOM GOALIE HELMETS, like upload pictures and make your own goalie helmet.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SKILLS COMPETITION

I'd absolutely love to do the breakaway competition or the skill shot competition. Obviously they'd have to refine the skill stick to allow things like lifting the puck at will and things like that but it would be really sick imo

Have the accuracy contest, hardest shot, fastest skater. None would be hard to incorporate like they did in the old days but put it back in! Just for christs sake don't make it like NBA's Slam Dunk contest, I don't want to play Hockey Hero
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FIGHTING!!!!

I'm sick and god damned tired of Rock Em Sock Em Robots. I liked it the first year, I fought a decent amount, now it's old and I never fight... Ever. You get nothing for fighting, it's pointless right now, make it fun again, Give some commentary for it, give a tale of the tape. Give the stronger fighters knock out punches, make the actual fight not a one handed brawl, I believe it was NHL 2k7 where you were free and skated up to the person and could kinda ring around the rosey with them before actually taking a swing and it was fucking awesome. Make it like that and for the love of god give us some incentive to fight, in NHL13 guys like Colton Orr, George Parros, Brad Staubitz are COMPLETELY Useless because fighting is their only good stat and fighting doesn't happen. And please have the computer players initiate some fights. I'd be much more likely to fight if after I laid out a guy like Crosby, if Cooke skated up to me and pushed me looking for a fight.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENTARY[b]

Oh good fucking god, if I have to hear "If we didn't know if the goalie had a glove, we do now" one more god damned year I'm going to kill myself. The commentary is ridiculously worn out and we need a change. Get some NHL announcers who I dunno, have actually been announcers in the last 5 friggan years and get some fresh blood out there. And for the love of god update the commentary track. Nothing like playing Day one, in NHL 13 and hearing "Luke Schenn is the franchise player for the Toronto Maple Leafs" when he was traded months ago. It'd also be nice if a big hit warranted a bigger response than a little trickle of a hit
[b]Be-A-GM

I love Be-A-GM it's my favorite mode right now, but it's far from perfect. Things that need to be changed are as follows

1- Players need to be players and not robots. I'm tired of there being no player happiness, or loyalty ratings. It'd add another dimension to being a GM if playing a 84 OVR on the 3rd line because your top 2 lines are stacked, would cause him to lose happiness and thus making him more likely to leave in FA.

2-Make trading not an arm and a leg to get someone just because they're not on their trade block. For instance I love playing with Gerbe, he's my favorite player and I like playing with him. He's rated like a 78 overall with some potential. He never gets higher than like a 84 yet in order to trade for him it takes literally 2 first rounders... That's ridiculous, and if Buffalo was offered a good trade for him they would at the very least consider it. For guys like Crosby I understand but role and depth players it's entirely different and the game needs to reflect that

3- Potential and Actual improvement on players, it's entirely random and not number based at all. I had 2 rookies on my team, both with 5 stars of yellow potential. One was decent, played good but was injured for 1/4 of the season, they put up like 10 goals and had 20 assists for 30 points in like 54 games. Meanwhile the other rookie won the Richard, obviously won Calder, was 3rd in league scoring and was team leader in +/-. After the season the first player jumped from a 71 to a 88. Meanwhile the player who played like Ovie in his first season went from 71-78. The next season was the same thing! The first player played good but not great and went from the 88-96. And the second player went from 78-84. It doesn't make sense. Improvement NEEDS to be based on performance as well as potential.

4- Simming Speed. It takes an hour to sim through a season. Aint nobody got time for that
Checking

Checking needs to be updated. It doesn't look realistic and it's the same reaction everytime. It's quite boring when it's hit they fall backwards like they slip on a banana peel and then slide 20 feet. And the hip checks while hilarious are incredibly unrealistic. We need collision detection on EVERY PART OF THE BODY. I want a knee on knee hit to actually look like they're getting hit. And while this isn't checking it's similar. I'm tired of going through the boards with my head like morphing through them, same with players who seem to be liquid at times.
Penalties
I dunno if I'm the only one, I play on the highest difficulty and I will take one penalty or 2 a game. the Computer will take one every 5 games. Leading to me getting a whopping 25 PP's through the season
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contracts

Talking extensions with players should be allowed in the final season of their contract, there should also be more to the negotiation process than sending, and getting an answer, I'd like to actually have some negotiation, Have the players counter with what they want ect.

I'll ad more as I think of them. What do you guys want to see?

- Dion - 03-24-2013

NHL development team needs to look at NBA 2k13 My Player and make the Be-A Pro kind of like that. Get sponserships, add twitter feature, make it so you can see yourself get drafted, GM and Coach meetings, just take everything from NBA and put it in NHL

I'd love skills competition, but im afraid since there wasnt a NHL all star game this year that EA totally forgot it even existed.

Yea there needs a new fighting mode

Get Bob Cole and Harry Neale to do NHL 14, and the commentary would be the best thing in the game.

Love your ideas on GM mode, I just hope they add a expansion team mode feature.

- xDParK - 03-24-2013

Gm connected menus that don't take a year to load

- xDParK - 03-24-2013

And yeah the commentary has been the same since NHL 09 tf man

- O4L - 03-24-2013

new leagues
expansion

dynasty teams (they had Montreal a few years ago)

Instead of the fucking Legends team that is not even half Legends.

Need teams like

Leafs
Boston
Detroit
Edmonton
Montreal
NYI
NYR
etcetc

please not Bob Cole! It would be awful to be playing as Sidney Crosby and hear him say "Here comes star defenceman Kris Letang down the ice"

Bring back Hughston and Simpson imo . Or Miller/Ferraro.

I'd like to see scouting redone also.

Then Be a Gm needs a ton of work.

Oh and the music is shit (well most of it). NHL 05 I think is my favourite alltime soundtrack . Or any of the Fifa games.

- Carl - 03-24-2013

Wow i was literally about to buy NHL13 from gamestop in like 10 minutes until i read this LOL

- Spangle - 03-24-2013

plz have creation center like on fifa or ncaa

- JayWhy - 03-24-2013

I would like the draft to be changed slightly like what NFL Head Coach 09 had. You go into the draft and your head scout pulls something up that says "I think we should take this player" and it has good attributes, questionable attributes, and their stats that have been revealed through scouting. I think it would add a dimension to the game like you're in the war room and making your decision with your team.

I feel that, while GM is decent, it could be improved greatly.

- Brandon - 03-24-2013

I was gonna mention NBA 2k's MyCareer mode like Dion did, EA should take a good look at that because it is just so much deeper and more fun to play than Be-a-Pro mode, BAP alway seems pretty dry to me and I lose interest fast.

- Dion - 03-24-2013

Quote:Originally posted by Ofer@Mar 24 2013, 02:00 PM
new leagues
expansion

dynasty teams (they had Montreal a few years ago)

Instead of the fucking Legends team that is not even half Legends.

Need teams like

Leafs
Boston
Detroit
Edmonton
Montreal
NYI
NYR
etcetc

please not Bob Cole! It would be awful to be playing as Sidney Crosby and hear him say "Here comes star defenceman Kris Letang down the ice"

[b]Bring back Hughston and Simpson imo
.[/b]
The worst commentators currently in hockey, no. Jack Edwards would be a better option than those clowns.

What would be even better if EA brought back kind of how NBA 2k12 had the legends team and if you played the game in the 60s, 70s,80s, and 90 the scenery would look like the the time period. Bob Cole could be useful for that on commentary.

- O4L - 03-24-2013

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Mar 24 2013, 01:09 PM

The worst commentators currently in hockey, no. Jack Edwards would be a better option than those clowns.

What would be even better if EA brought back kind of how NBA 2k12 had the legends team and if you played the game in the 60s, 70s,80s, and 90 the scenery would look like the the time period. Bob Cole could be useful for that on commentary.

Meh, they're not biased for the Leafs is why you don't like them. They were sick in the older games.

They don't have that much money mind you. Probably the least out of all the major sports games.

FERRARO+MILLER>>>>

OR CHRIS CUTHBERT

- Maxy - 03-24-2013

Quote:Originally posted by Carlzner@Mar 24 2013, 03:03 PM
Wow i was literally about to buy NHL13 from gamestop in like 10 minutes until i read this LOL
I like NHL 13, it's not a bad game, it's the best NHL game in a while, but it's just not perfect. Be-A-Pro is not great and Be A GM is slow to sim but the gameplay isn't bad at all. If you don't play other sports games it'll seem great, but after playing MLB 13, NBA 2K13 and Madden 12 it just doesn't compare as an overall package

- Spangle - 03-24-2013

They should have Doc Emrick, Mike Millbury and Pierre McGuire.

Tongue

- Maxy - 03-24-2013

Quote:Originally posted by Ofer@Mar 24 2013, 03:10 PM

Meh, they're not biased for the Leafs is why you don't like them. They were sick in the older games.

They don't have that much money mind you. Probably the least out of all the major sports games.

FERRARO+MILLER>>>>
I hate them too fwiw. They're terrible.

- Dion - 03-24-2013

Quote:Originally posted by Ofer@Mar 24 2013, 02:10 PM

FERRARO+MILLER>>>>
They are biased against the Leafs, you cant have bias commentators on a national broadcast let alone a Video Game.

But I agree Ferraro and Miller would be good options as well.