Simulation Hockey League
Sens Off-season - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: NHL Team Forums (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+----- Forum: Atlantic Division (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=394)
+------ Forum: Ottawa Senators (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+------ Thread: Sens Off-season (/showthread.php?tid=23593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- SensNation613 - 05-26-2013

Michalek - Spezza - Alfie
Zibanejad - Turris - Silfverberg
*Conacher - Smith - Neil
Greening - Pageau - Condra
Latty - O'Brien - *Kassian

Karlsson - Methot
*Gonchar - Cowen
Gryba - Phillips
Benoit - Wiercioch

Anderson
Lehner

This is basically our team, where can we improve? I put a star where we can improve and ill also give ideas on who we can get.

I dont see Gonchar coming back after that series against Pens, I loved him when Karlsson was out but he was honestly the worst player on the team for that series, I think a Mark Streit/Dan Boyle would do us some good. Boyle has won a cup before and is still an amazing puck moving D, and I think he would be good for this team and is the best option available, Streit will be a UFA and we wouldnt have to trade for him.

Conacher is a great young forward with tremendous potential and I was real happy when we got him but he shouldnt be with Smith and Neil, we should get a guy like Bickell and put him on that line, or maybe Clarkson but I wouldnt be surprised if a team offered him more than he is worth. I think we could package Conacher+1st for a legit top line guy, he cant produce in our system imo. I love him tbh but hes not as good as Silvy/Zib/Turris.

We need to find a better guy than Kassian cause all he can do it hit and fight, we need to find someone who can do more, I have no clue who would be available though.

What do you guys think? Btw I was using the lines we used for game 5. I remember line 1 and 3 correctly but im a lil iffy on line 2 and line 4 cause I dont remember Pageau being with Condra and Greening for game 5, I think people were pissed Maclean split them up, I could be wrong tho.

This is what I would love to see next year..

Winger - Spezza - Silfverberg
Michalek - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Zibanejad - Condra
Bickell - Smith - Neil
Pageau

Karlsson - Methot
Boyle - Cowen
Gryba - Phillips
Redden/Benoit

Anderson
Lehner

We were so close to landing Rick Nash last year but he used his NTC and left us without the top winger.

Briere/Horton/Ryan are the 3 guys I could see on the wing with Spezza.

Briere is from Gatineau and I hope he would sign a 2 year deal at 4M per year, cause he said Philly will most likely buy him out apparently.

Horton would cost about 5.5M at a 3 or 4 year deal but he could do well with a guy like Spezza, he will probably want a raise if he keeps up his pace in the playoffs and I dont know if Boston could afford that.

Ryan will have a huge price tag but if we do make a deal, Conacher+1st would be included with one or two more pieces, but they would probably insist for a guys like Turris/Silvy/Zib and Murray probably wouldnt be interested.

What do you think guys ?

- jkrever - 05-26-2013

just wait a year, let the young guys develop, then make a big run for the Sedins

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@May 26 2013, 09:50 PM
just wait a year, let the young guys develop, then make a big run for the Sedins

We cant bank on guys like the Sedins, we proved we are gonna be a threat but we still have a few holes to be patched up. Also I would only be interested in Daniel cause we have Spezza/Turris/Zib/Smith as our center core and I wouldnt see a need for Henrik, doubt they would go separate ways since theyre extremely close lol.

- Donini13 - 05-26-2013

Boyle is fine where he is Wink

- GroupMeIsKindOfOkay - 05-26-2013

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@May 26 2013, 10:00 PM

We cant bank on guys like the Sedins, we proved we are gonna be a threat but we still have a few holes to be patched up. Also I would only be interested in Daniel cause we have Spezza/Turris/Zib/Smith as our center core and I wouldnt see a need for Henrik, doubt they would go separate ways since theyre extremely close lol.
you wouldnt want Henrik Sedin because you have Turris, Zibanejad, and Smith?
thats ridiculous

Quote:Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy@May 26 2013, 10:06 PM

you wouldnt want Daniel Sedin because you have Turris, Zibanejad, and Smith?
thats ridiculous

I said Henrik lol, I doubt he would wanna go to Ottawa as the 2nd line C.
And Murray wouldnt make a trade for something we dont really need, every single one of his trades filled a void. We dont have a void at C tbh.

- Maxy - 05-26-2013

Well to make you feel a bit better as an Anaheim fan I wouldnt want a trade for any of those 3 for Ryan. Regardless of what you add Turris is a whiner dont want him anywhere near the Ducks, and the other 2 are meh to me. Anaheim could get more elsewhere

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@May 26 2013, 10:13 PM
Well to make you feel a bit better as an Anaheim fan I wouldnt want a trade for any of those 3 for Ryan. Regardless of what you add Turris is a whiner dont want him anywhere near the Ducks, and the other 2 are meh to me. Anaheim could get more elsewhere

Anaheim wanted Brayden Schenn/Sean Couturier from Philly and Silfverberg/Zibanejad are kinda the equivalent for the Sens. Turris is a whiner in your opinion, doesnt affect his value whatsoever, he is a good 2nd line C and can still grow.

- Maxy - 05-26-2013

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@May 26 2013, 10:16 PM

Anaheim wanted Brayden Schenn/Sean Couturier from Philly and Silfverberg/Zibanejad are kinda the equivalent for the Sens. Turris is a whiner in your opinion, doesnt affect his value whatsoever, he is a good 2nd line C and can still grow.
It definitely effects his value. He did nothing but bitch in Phoenix, Murray (Anaheims) is smarter than taking a character risk like him when we dont need him. And Schenn and Couturier >>>>>>>>>> Zibinejad and Silfverberg. You can keep them k? Much better options out there if we move Bobby.

- Gibby the Red Nosed Reindeer - 05-26-2013

What top line guy are you getting for Conacher and a 1st? Huh

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@May 26 2013, 10:20 PM

It definitely effects his value. He did nothing but bitch in Phoenix, Murray (Anaheims) is smarter than taking a character risk like him when we dont need him. And Schenn and Couturier >>>>>>>>>> Zibinejad and Silfverberg. You can keep them k? Much better options out there if we move Bobby.

He hated it in Phoenix, I met him a few months after the trade and he was such a classy guy, he just hated it there. I dont blame him whatsoever, but hes loved here in Ottawa. Couturier had a terrible season, Silvy and Zib have tremendous value. Many teams are interested in them, he was a huge piece to the Nash deal that fell thru. Hes a great young gun to watch out for.

- HabsFanFromOntario - 05-26-2013

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@May 26 2013, 11:07 PM

I said Henrik lol, I doubt he would wanna go to Ottawa as the 2nd line C.
And Murray wouldnt make a trade for something we dont really need, every single one of his trades filled a void. We dont have a void at C tbh.

Suggesting Spezza is better than Henrik Sedin

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@May 26 2013, 10:26 PM

We already have a number 1 center, why would we go out and spend a good 6-8M for Henrik? That money should go to something we need, like a good scoring winger or a good top 4 D. Henrik will go to a team that needs a number 1 C and that are willing to pay for it.

Theres no need to sign something that isnt needed, of course Sedin would be nice but hes not needed. We're good at C.

- Gibby the Red Nosed Reindeer - 05-26-2013

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@May 26 2013, 11:26 PM

I'd take Spezza over Sedin

- Maxy - 05-26-2013

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@May 26 2013, 10:25 PM

He hated it in Phoenix, I met him a few months after the trade and he was such a classy guy, he just hated it there. I dont blame him whatsoever, but hes loved here in Ottawa. Couturier had a terrible season, Silvy and Zib have tremendous value. Many teams are interested in them, he was a huge piece to the Nash deal that fell thru. Hes a great young gun to watch out for.
Thats great, he loves it there keep him I don't want to take the risk of him deciding he hates it in Anaheim too.