Simulation Hockey League
Firebirds Co-GM Revealed - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=403)
+---- Thread: Firebirds Co-GM Revealed (/showthread.php?tid=24769)

Pages: 1 2

- Ask - 07-04-2013

Firebirds Co-GM Revealed

First off I'd like to thank the Junior Commissioners Toast, Wadester and JumpierPegasus for giving me the chance to GM the great Prince George Firebirds franchise that I'm so passionate about. I also wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the support of my mentor and former boss Christoph Klose. Working with him has been incredible and I definitely have some big shoes to fill.

I'd also like to thank my very first GM in juniors, Saku Perhonen, who signed me to the Knights, as well as David Winter, who managed the Firebirds when I was sent down the following season. I'd also like to thank the SHL managers I've had so far in my career. Jon Doran, Ja'Far Dar, Bryan Whisonant and Ace Faulkner. You've all been an inspiration to me and I hope to follow in your footsteps.

Secondly I'd like to thank everyone who applied for the position to be my Co-GM. I now know how difficult this process can be. I'm on good terms with pretty much everyone in this league and I really hate to disappoint anyone. I won't do an elimination show as I don't see the point in giving out all the names in public telling everyone why they didn't get the job. Instead I have sent PM's to all the applicants and explained why they didn't get the job and what could possibly be improved. There was a lot of great applications but some were either very short, badly written or didn't even answer the questions or include the form that I posted. If you're applying for a job, why not do it properly?

Lastly, we're moving on to the person I have chosen to manage the Prince George Firebirds with me. I went into this process with mixed expectations. I knew one thing and that was I wanted a Co-GM who is less experienced than myself. There was a lot of experienced applicants and it would obviously be great to get their input, but at the end of the day I'm the Head GM. If I picked any of them it would feel like I was their Co-GM instead of the other way around.

The person I'm naming my Co-GM, who will help me bring back a championship to Prince George is:

[Image: campbell2.png]

Firebirds Firebirds Firebirds Firebirds Firebirds Firebirds

HANS SCHULTZ !

Firebirds Firebirds Firebirds Firebirds Firebirds Firebirds

Hans Schultz (Sg Schultz) put together a great application and had a lot of solid ideas. I feel like we're very like-minded and will get along great. Some of you may be shocked by this decision as he's very new, but as I've talked to him he's turned out to be a very mature and intelligent person. He's been rising fast in the league and already know all the ins and outs. He possesses all of the qualities I looked for in a Co-GM. He's well-spoken and know his grammar. I'm sort of a secret Grammar Nazi. Even in English and I'm Swedish, how weird is that?

I wish that someone had given me a chance earlier when I was new around here. I knew what I was capable of but it's very difficult to show that when you're new. I don't believe that Schultz is a 'high risk' choice as he's already a very active member who's really invested in the league. I actually believe that the risk is low and the reward will be incredibly high. So to the other managers who passed him up I'd like to say thank you to you as well.

Congratulations Schultz! I look forward to working with you. Cheers

Firebirds WE ARE DANGER

Code:
~600 Words, 1 Pic

- HabsFanFromOntario - 07-04-2013

Damnit Ask... I was your first GM :(

- Ramicus - 07-04-2013

Congratulations Schultzy.

- HabsFanFromOntario - 07-04-2013

Huge congrats Schultz! Well deserved, a fantastic guy.

- JNH - 07-04-2013

Great, great, great pick Ask Smile Hansssyyyy <3 Grats <3

- Taylor - 07-04-2013

Good job buddy.

- Dooley - 07-04-2013

Don't know this Schultz too well, but sounds like a great choice!

- Gifter of Bikes - 07-04-2013

Thanks for the kind words, Ask. Cheers

Firebirds Firebirds Firebirds

- Sg Schultz - 07-04-2013

Thank you so much for selecting me! Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I had some technical difficulties Wink

- Schultzy - 07-04-2013

Congratulations Hans!

- Schultzy - 07-04-2013

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Jul 4 2013, 07:48 PM
Don't know this Schultz too well, but sounds like a great choice!
:ph34r: we're taking over. one schultz at a time :ssst:

- HOFF - 07-04-2013

NICE!
Gratz to Schultzy!

- FourFour - 07-04-2013

Grats Schult!

- ZigZag - 07-04-2013

Gratz Hans and best of luck to PGF

- Cuffy - 07-04-2013

Btw mine was improper because I got no laptop for the next week or so and my phone can't copy shit from internet cuz its a piece of shit. But great choice congrats schults