Simulation Hockey League
SMJHL Draft Date and Other Big Announcements - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: SMJHL Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: SMJHL Draft Date and Other Big Announcements (/showthread.php?tid=29988)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Velevra - 12-10-2013

The first ever SMJHL Combine has come to a close! We hope it was an enjoyable experience and we hope to improve it for future seasons!

We also had a great Prospect Showcase Tournament courtesy of Fever! Congrats to the Battalion for winning the tournament!

I created 3 Prospect All-Star Teams just for fun and here they are (Note these were done very quickly and mostly based off points in the round robin stage before elimination round was simmed, just thought it would be a nice idea to show all the talent in the draft).

First All-Star Team

Chara Brojled (Lions) - Chico Salmon (Blazers) - George Costanza (Blazers)

Marlo Stanfield (Outlaws) - Vladimir Bodnar (Lions)

Gustav Grimm (Battalion)

Second All-Star Team

Jordan Eberle (Outlaws) - Jean-Pierre Leroux (Lions) - Matej Stransky (Battalion)

Slevin Kelevra (Blazers) - Xavier Gauthier (Lions)

Kevin Griffin (Outlaws)

Third All-Star Team

Kein Monesti (Outlaws) - Max Mcdonald (Battalion) - Saoul Commeunebotte (Battalion)

Walter Heisenberg White (Blazers) -Simeon Mars III (Battalion)

Semyon Varlamov (Blazers)

--------------------------------

Clearly there is a lot of talent in the upcoming draft!

That being said we are happy to announce that the SMJHL Draft will be on Saturday December 14 at 1:00 EST, 10:00 PST!

We still want more draftees for this draft so we highly encourage everyone to recruit to the best of their abilities! You can also recreate Wink

We also have 2 more announcements to make!

The first is a minor one: It has been decided that SMJHL Equipment will be gotten rid of and it will be replaced instead by the same equipment used in the SHL. We feel this will reduce confusion and have one standardized set of equipment that people can purchase regardless of which league they are in.

The Second announcement is a change to the Free Agent system in the SMJHL. Previously FA's playing for SMJHL teams have been poorly kept track of and teams have accumulated a bunch of inactive players who were just left on their roster or were undrafted.

Earlier we announced that each team would only be allowed 5 FA's in their lineup (2 of which must be 155 TPE). We are expanding on this by having a free agent reset for all teams.

A couple of reasons prompted this: the SHL reset of the update scale, our wish to better keep track of these players who can rightfully be playing in the SMJHL, to not have it so only one team has all the high TPE FA's and other teams can never get them (since they were never regressed and signed indefinitely), and to increase GM skill (GM's need to be more mindful of their budget).

The new FA system will work as follows:

1) Teams must bid to sign a free agent.

2) GM's must post in the thread in the Head Office with a link to the player page of the player they want to sign and the contract offer.

3) After this, GM's have 24 hours to beat the offer for the FA. They cannot match, they must provide a better offer. After 24 hours passes, the team with the highest offer gets the player!

4) Contract's have no maximum dollar value, contract offers must be in denominations of $250,000. Max amount of years that can be offered is 3.

5) Contracts will be weighted with money per year as the primary determinant, and contract length as the secondary determinant.

Example: 2 years @ 2 million per year < 1 year @ 3 million per year < 2 years @ 3 million per year.

6) For Free Agents that are still under the old update scale (probably most of them), they will be redistributed based on what they have already put their points in.

Example: if they invested 60 TPE into Scoring under the old scale, 60 TPE will be invested into scoring under the new scale. GM's will keep this in mind when signing players.

This Free Agent Frenzy will start on Wednesday! There will be a thread in the SMJHL media section that will act as a Free Agent Frenzy Show Thread.

In the thread the commissioners will be posting rumors, bids, and signings of these free agents. You can also post it in it with your opinions! Was a GM an idiot for bidding so much on a player? Or was a player a steal because of his build? Let us know and see which players you will be playing along side of in the upcoming season!

If you enjoyed these announcements be sure to like, comment and subscribe! And if you didn't then just blame Spangs... or WADDY.

- Hallsy - 12-10-2013

Contract max is at 2 million doe.

who picks the strengths/weaknesses for the free agents when building their player?

also its gonna be the first bid, then when the clock is winding down to the 24 hours, someones gonna bid then and win the free agent.

- Velevra - 12-10-2013

Quote:Originally posted by True Passer@Dec 9 2013, 09:54 PM
Contract max is at 2 million doe.

who picks the strengths/weaknesses for the free agents when building their player?

also its gonna be the first bid, then when the clock is winding down to the 24 hours, someones gonna bid then and win the free agent.

1) 2 mil will be the max for players eligible for the next season's SHL Draft (So basically the same as now in draftees and free agents who sign up during the season). Inactive Free Agents who have their draft class already passed can be bid higher on.

2) GM's can say what role they want to sign the player in (TWF. Sniper etc and that is what will be applied).

3) Fair Point, will be discussed

- Aaron &quot;AAA&quot; Allen - 12-10-2013

SHL Equipment kind of sucks for some SMJHL players due to the cap (SHL has no training cap), for example:

Nike Bauer Vapor XXX: $2,000,000
+3 to puck handling, passing, AND face offs

Lets say I buy the above item, however I only want PH, and not the other 2, but buying this gives me 9 TPE toward my 35 cap and I netted 3 TPE I really wanted. In fact if I buy all 4 pieces I would almost be at the 35 TPE cap and definitely would be after the Team training camp.

The SHL equipment was less, but it gave more flexibility to not pick items you don't want hitting the cap, so you can focus your TPE where you want it.

So can you buy the SMJHL equipment if you want to still, or do you plan on adjusting the SMJHL cap?

- Velevra - 12-10-2013

Quote:Originally posted by Aaron "AAA" Allen@Dec 9 2013, 10:26 PM
SHL Equipment kind of sucks for some SMJHL players due to the cap (SHL has no training cap), for example:

[b]Nike Bauer Vapor XXX: $2,000,000
+3 to puck handling, passing, AND face offs

Lets say I buy the above item, however I only want PH, and not the other 2, but buying this gives me 9 TPE toward my 35 cap and I netted 3 TPE I really wanted. In fact if I buy all 4 pieces I would almost be at the 35 TPE cap and definitely would be after the Team training camp.

The SHL equipment was less, but it gave more flexibility to not pick items you don't want hitting the cap, so you can focus your TPE where you want it.

So can you buy the SMJHL equipment if you want to still, or do you plan on adjusting the SMJHL cap?[/b]

Well hypothetically if you only wanted the PH wouldn't it be best to just buy a +3 Training for 500k?

I do understand what you are saying though, I do find all the equipment to be extremely situational. It does seem kinda silly to get it in the SMJHL with a cap but from what we heard recreates wanted to be able to get the big equipment for a big impact.

I believe we are getting rid of all the SMJHL Equipment (Would have to confirm with HFFO and JP as they were more involved in this decision than myself).

As for adjusting the cap, it will be something that will be talked about. As for the current season though it will most likely stay the same. We are working hard to implement a bunch of other changes first for this season Smile

- Buster - 12-10-2013

So wait, my team loses our 3 main FAs (McCall, Showron and Ryan) and now we have to bid for them? Fucking awesome. Thanks for bringing this up in HO! Honestly horseshit

- JNH - 12-10-2013

Quote:Originally posted by Velevra@Dec 10 2013, 12:11 AM

1) 2 mil will be the max for players eligible for the next season's SHL Draft (So basically the same as now in draftees and free agents who sign up during the season). Inactive Free Agents who have their draft class already passed can be bid higher on.

2) GM's can say what role they want to sign the player in (TWF. Sniper etc and that is what will be applied).

3) Fair Point, will be discussed

On 3, have it like this:

Bidding ends at for example 2 pm EST.

If there is a bid put in within the last minute of the auction, the auction must go bidless for 2 minutes in order to be declared done.

Those #'s are just examples, but it's a way to get past last minute bidding.

- Velevra - 12-10-2013

Quote:Originally posted by I Am JayWhy75@Dec 9 2013, 10:45 PM
So wait, my team loses our 3 main FAs (McCall, Showron and Ryan) and now we have to bid for them? Fucking awesome. Thanks for bringing this up in HO! Honestly horseshit
All teams are losing their FA's. Some teams (Whalers, Knights) have already just signed the top 3 TPE players the could find and redistributed them to their liking. This wouldn't really be fair to the other teams in the league would it?

- JumpierPegasus - 12-10-2013

Quote:Originally posted by I Am JayWhy75@Dec 9 2013, 09:45 PM
Every team loses their FA's, so what's your issue?

- Buster - 12-10-2013

Quote:Originally posted by Velevra@Dec 10 2013, 12:55 AM

All teams are losing their FA's. Some teams (Whalers, Knights) have already just signed the top 3 TPE players the could find&nbsp; and redistributed them to their liking. This wouldn't really be fair to the other teams in the league would it?

Yes, it is fair. If other teams found those players, then they deserve those players. Just like my find of James Ryan last season. I found him, I see no real reason why I should lose him. This is laughable. Great job.

Also, those aren't the only top TPE guys. All 3 of my guys are 190 TPE players. As are many others. So I see no reason for this stupid free agent frenzy bullshit

- Buster - 12-10-2013

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Dec 10 2013, 12:56 AM

Every team loses their FA's, so what's your issue?

The issue is how stupid this whole idea is.

- JumpierPegasus - 12-10-2013

Quote:Originally posted by I Am JayWhy75@Dec 9 2013, 09:58 PM

The issue is how stupid this whole idea is.
Brilliant rebuttle

- Buster - 12-10-2013

How I feel after reading OP:

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZWI3F7AKZnE"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZWI3F7AKZnE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

- Buster - 12-10-2013

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Dec 10 2013, 12:59 AM

Brilliant rebuttle

Look at the post above yours. Jesus Murphy

- JayWhy - 12-10-2013

You guys really need to take it easy on doing every god damn change all at once. We have the update scale, we have the new combine we now have to do, we have to scout for the draft, we have to be able to do the draft, and it's fucking finals week. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sometimes busy. Then you have to top it off by saying us working on redistributing our FAs is nullified and you're just going to toss them off our team and make us have to come on on a day that doesn't even work for most GMs and we have to do this FA stuff?

I understand trying to move forward and make things exciting and blah blah blah. But when a rule change happens, do you see 5 other things tag along with it in the NHL? No. They change one, maybe two things. Add something here. Then they're done for that year. Then the next time it comes around, people adjusted to the newest thing and you start changing from there. If you bring too much change all at once, you simply overload the system and make it into more of a chore.

Probably the biggest thing that makes this terrible is the day it is on. It was stated in the HO that GMs couldn't make a draft on this day, so making an all-day free agency thing where you're fucked if you can't get on sounds fair? I'm doing finals most of the day. I'm studying most of the day. Buster has similar problems and work. It seems like bullshit that we're being punished because we're busy in our normal lives and you had to make a bunch of fucking changes right fucking now instead of move them in one at a time.