Simulation Hockey League
Hamilton Announces Captains - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=545)
+---- Thread: Hamilton Announces Captains (/showthread.php?tid=31818)

- Hallsy - 02-20-2014

The Hamilton Steelhawks are going into the season with a plan and a goal to win the challenge cup this season. They definitely have the star talent to win a championship in Hamilton but they have never had the chance to work chemistry with one another. With another disappointing first round exit last spring, the Owner of Hamilton thought it will be best to bring in two new GMs, LVshark will be the GM of the team making the important decisions on who to trade form sign, keep and draft. They also picked Co-Gm Jordan Hall who has been able to win two four stars cup in the past three seasons and have gone to the finals in the past three seasons, it is obvious he knows something about the sim and he might be the coach that the team needs to get them their chemistry with one another.

Hall "The one number thing to get team chemistry needed to win a championship, is getting the right leaders to lead this team to a championship. We have a lot of veteran leaders that have won a championship before, so picking a captain will be easy. The experience of these players is going to put us over the top against other teams in the Simulation Hockey League."

The Captain will be Joe Mckeil, Mckeil a former GM of the Hamilton Steelhawks, is the longest serving member of the Steelhawks currently playing. He has been to the finals and won, so he knows what it takes to win a championship at the Simulation hockey League. Me and Blaine feel that he is the best leader for this team and he will compete for us every night. He might not be a leader that will speak often in the Locker room but when he does, everyone listens and he usually something that will get the team together like a family. we need to be able to go to war against other teams and we need to fight and battle for one another.

[Image: jonathan_toews_chicago.jpg]
Mckeil getting his picture taken with his new C on his jersey

The first Assistant captain for the Hamilton Steelhawks will be former GM Roman Schultz, Schultz is an active member of the steelhawks that is usually on everyday and he is a guy that could joke once awhile. He might not have the history in the post-season for a leader but he will try his best every night to get a win. he plays a smart defensive game and he knows that his play needs to get better as the season gets on. he wants to be a main force on this team and his desire, his ability to get everyone to like him in the locker room and trust him is something that i like to look for in a ambassador for this team. He plays hard and he is getting recognized for this and this something that me and Blaine Believe that he deserves after the seasons he has served as GM and a player under the Hamilton Steelhawks name.

[Image: weber-shea-091124.jpg]
Roman schultz getting ready to play his hard nose defensive style to shut down other teams top lines.

The Second Assistant Captain will be shared by two veteran forwards in David Winter who will be wearing the "A" at home and Ivo Willems who will be wearing the "A" in away games. These two forwards have had very successful careers and have won individual trophies. They are both leaders in the locker room and are active voices in the locker room. They have both won the challenge cup and have lead their respective past teams in scoring. That are also not one dimensional players and only think offensively, they are some of the best two way players in the league and will be counted for on even strength, Power-play and penalty Kill time.

[Image: Mike+Richards.jpg]
David Winter looking to play his physical, shut down game with an offensive touch that will lead this steelhawks team.

[Image: Parise.jpg]
Ivo Willems getting ready to fight for his team to win his second challenge cup.

I know this guys have a lot of pressure on their backs as a team we have a high TPE and one of the highest overall ratings in the league. We have targets on our backs and teams play to that extra level against us but I believe in this four players will lead our team to a championship this season. I don't guarantee a championship but this guys will do what it takes to win one and hopefully we are lifting the challenge cup over our heads at the end of the season. We like to wish all the teams good luck on their quest to win the challenge cup as it is very difficult to do as there is many elite teams in the league.

Also, These guys are getting some help from other veteran players who have been to finals and past winners before in their careers and have logged in a lot of games played over their course of their careers like Jareth Sto heilt, Jordan Hall, Urijah Winnfield, John Langabeer and Rehn Miller. These guys will help this leadership group when they need it as they also know what it takes to get to the finals and play their hearts out. The four players wearing letters on their jersey this season know what it takes to win a championship and we expect them to help our team to win a championship.

900+ words+ 4 pictures

- joecool37 - 02-20-2014

Thx for the honur.

I will try my best to help the team on and off the ice Smile

Steelhawks Towel

- Cyanide - 02-20-2014

Grats shultz, winter, green & Joecool! You all deserved the captaincy! Cheers

- Schultzy - 02-20-2014

Certainly an unexpected honor. Thank you all very much. I won't let you down.

- Ragnar - 02-20-2014

Alternate Captain. Wink

Congrats guys!

- Otrebor13 - 02-20-2014

Excellent selections to represent Hamilton. Joe deserves finally getting to wear the C after so many seasons as a GM.

- Underoath10 - 02-20-2014

Where's my mention? :(

"Brandon Cant upgraded form Bitch Boy to Towel Boy!"

His response: "SCORE! Like a dream come true!" :D

Congrats guys, now don't let us down Schultz.

- LVShark - 02-20-2014

Congrats Joe :D You deserve it Cheers

We've got four of the best leaders in the league