Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

- bass979 - 10-14-2015

1) How did you find us?

My friend Simmiz

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

yes

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

No its very easy

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

no my friend helped me

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

i will be active on the forum

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

little clean up of the forum

- Zachary - 10-14-2015

1) How did you find us?
Through SBA.

Not at all, because of so many forums.

No.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
No.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Be able to do tasks, because from my understanding I can't until I'm on a team?

Make sure every new member gets a mentor.

- El_Wombat16 - 10-15-2015

1) How did you find us?

I found out about this site from hexx55.

I am somewhat struggling to navigate all of the functions of the site, but will become more comfortable with time.

Nope, hexx55 helped me out.

Nope, as said above.

I would like to do the Prospect Tournament, and also to familiarize myself with the site before I get drafted and start the season.

I feel like the site could use some more clear sections instead of everything being forums.

- Beaty - 10-16-2015

1) How did you find us? Artemis <3

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Once I got the jist of it I was fine, thanks to help from numerous people

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Not really

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Written. Artermis told me how to do it so I didn't watch if

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prepare for the showcase and do some PTs

I honestly wouldn't change anything. It just takes a few minutes of exploring.

- Jepox - 10-16-2015

1) How did you find us?
HFBoards

Yes, fairly easy

Nope, none at all
Yes, the written portion

Exactly what is going on, as well as more TPE opportunities. It would keep people from getting bored and going inactive because they have something to do.

Nothing, it's great as it is

- banger69 - 10-17-2015

1) How did you find us?

Buddy ol pal.

Easy enough.

The TPE calculator thing was pretty helpful but the video was outdated.

Yes and yes.

Tournaments are always fun.

Not sure.

- backspasm - 10-19-2015

1) How did you find us?
Reddit. I believe it was r/hockey

I think its a bit overwhelming at first, but the guide was helpful

No, it was very straight forward

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No

I would like to get a better hang of the site, and get my bearings.

Updating the video tutorial and first point task tutorial. I ran into some roadblocks while doing it.

- Raven - 10-20-2015

1) How did you find us?

Reddit. Thread made on /r/NHL

Overwhelming, but slowly getting used to it.

Not at all

Yes I used 'Storm's video.

Get used to everything and learn how everything works.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members

- Reynolds - 10-20-2015

May want to tell Zachary he is ineligible as well. I know I was told I don't apply for this but he isn't a new member either.

- formx - 10-25-2015

1) How did you find us?

Someone (Swegkingu) showed the forum to be one day.

Stuff seems confusing and cluttered to look at. Getting used to it day by day.

Not really, no.

No, I had Swegkingu help me instead.

Get used to everything in this forum.

Maybe fix the board layout.

- SNT55 - 10-25-2015

1) How did you find us?
I'm in another Sim League and was looking for an alternative. I signed but I lost my account. Then Rob (SweKingu) joined the league and I felt interested again so I rejoined.

It's confusing at firts, but when you take your time and ask things it got easier.

Not at all-

I used the written tutorial the first time and was really useful.

I think that's too late, as I have been drafted

Maybe a massive where is what thread (maybe you have already made one but I didn't find it :D

- GodOfNugget - 10-27-2015

1) How did you find us?

Reddit! Thread on /r/NHL

Mostly. After about a week I have a good grasp on where (mostly) everything is.

Not at all. Creating a player and posting a thread was a cake walk. Progressing on the other hand was a little more tricky...

I glanced at the written tutorial. The page to actually manage your player's stats and vitals is extremely straightforward.

I arrived just after the Prospect Tournament but that sounds like a great idea to fill some time before the draft and give rookies a chance to learn the site.

Hmm... updated player progression tutorial? That's about all I can think of.

- aumicc83+ - 10-27-2015

1) How did you find us? Actually, at first time i see the persons who tell me about SHL, that be at
Latvian SHL, but later, when i build recreate, i find hedgehog37 who help, then little help give me bukss_a and
now help me The_Mazais.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? I think no. It`s very hard to find there something,
but that`s not bad. It`s very nice, to is this league, cause we want to do something. It`s hard, but good.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Yes, little. At first moment i don`t know the update
scale, and what to update and TPE points, u know, but later was great.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No, because the
hedgehog37 help me, and that was great.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) When i waiting
SMJHL draft, i been at Latvian SHL, and that`s very nice too, cause there i`am activest, but yes, i`m do real life
works too, not only internet.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I think, need a video with text where is
update scale and something another places. And yes, say where is TP works, where is easy TPE`s, cause if i don`t
find this, i been bad. :lol:

If i understand i have +2 TPE`s!
+2 TPE`s.

- Alfie - 10-27-2015

1) How did you find us? Perusing google

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Not at all

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Just a little bit with no maximum height or weight being posted anywhere

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I was too late for the prospect tournament but it seems like a good idea.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. If it weren't for Ballerstorm helping me out I probably would have gone inactive. I know you guys send a generic PM to everybody, but having someone reach out to see if you need help is also very valuable to have.

- bunka - 10-28-2015

1) How did you find us?

r/EA_NHL post

For the most part yes. Some more specific forums are sometimes a bit harder for me to find, but there's always people around who can easily direct me when I'm having trouble. On the whole the site is pretty straightforward and easy to navigate.

Not at all. The reddit post I saw introducing me to the site also linked me to a character creation template sort of thing. It was very easy to do.

Yes, the video tutorial helped me in creating my character and my update page.

Already drafted, I think I missed this stuff Smile Go Firebirds! Firebirds

Maybe a newcomers section in the forums? A place compiled with all the tutorials/videos needed to get started here.