Simulation Hockey League
Jamie Hawkins Early FA Rankings - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=545)
+---- Thread: Jamie Hawkins Early FA Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=56138)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Buster - 09-14-2015

I will once again be going to free agency this season, so I figure I may as well capitalize on it. I'm really bad at following through with this kind of thing, but I'm going to try again.

More or less, I will be posting a team or two a day and once the next week or so with my thoughts and their ranking. Manhattan may or may not be on this list (haven't decided).

If it is still allowed, I will be hosting a contest. Winner will get half of the payment from this article. Whoever can guess all 11 teams or get closest to all 13 (leaving out Manhattan) will win the 50%.

First rankings either today or tomorrow. It will be from 14/13 to 1

Disclaimer before rankings start: Ranking will change as time goes on. This is where I am right now. Strong pitches during free agency can easily change my mind. I'm not against signing with any team.

<div align="center">13. New England Wolfpack
[Image: mrrdk5.png]

Anyone who knows me should have seen this one coming. The positives I attribute to New England are actually pretty huge positives. But at the same time, the negatives associated with New England are highly negative. There's really two big positives. The first, I would love to be GMed by Prettyburn. When she was first hired, I was skeptical. Over the past couple seasons though, she has really impressed me. Almost to the point that I would put her in the top half of the GMs I would want to be GMed by. In my opinion, she's on her way to being one of the best ever. The second is Narconis, who I loved having in Manhattan and miss dearly. Though, this may not be a positive for long if he leaves via FA.There's a few more that I like, but those are the major ones.

The negatives for New England also run in the same vain as the positives (and as I think about most teams, it may become a trend). First and foremost, I feel like being in an LR with Mac would make me want to drive my head through a brick wall. Repeatedly. Even though he's inactive, Sherril is someone else I can't stand. I thought he was whiny, which is funny due to the way he left and the message he sent to the forum about his departure. I would love PB as a GM but I couldn't imagine myself being GMed by Storm. Storm seems like the kid who discovered 2007 4Chan in 2015 and thought it was the funniest thing ever, and produced to use it here. He also hasn't done much to inspire confidence, and I'm guessing New England must not have had any other candidates? Also, Joester. Nuff said.

Not much apart from members. They seem like they'll be an everyday team after this coming season so icetime won't be a problem. Mostly just certain members would ruin my experience.

Positives: PB, Narc
Negative: Mac, Sherril, Mac, Storm as GM, Mac, Joester (who tf spend a 3rd on Joester?), Mac

12. Calgary Dragons
[Image: 4jun10.png]

Team number 12 on the list is a team for the most part may not deserve to be ranked so low. In actuality, Calgary has largely just been irrelevant to my goings on in the league. I can list the amount of members I've talked to one on one with one hand. Esa, Ofer (is he still active :-?) and after that I struggle to remember a 3rd member. Other than that, there is nothing really keeping me away from Calgary and in fact, I'd say Calgary probably has the greatest potential to move up on the list. Just need more positive interactions with the Dragons.

I'll also add that I would love to play under Esa. I had a great time playing for him in junior and I can see myself enjoying it again. Congrats on turning the Franchise around.

Pros: I'd like to play under Esa, Ofer
Cons: Mostly lack of interactions (easily reversible)

11.Toronto North Stars
[Image: 2dba1yh.png]

The problem with me taking so long doing this is rankings can change over the course of time. Toronto is one case of that. If I were to re-do my rankings now, I'd move Toronto lower. Unfortunately, I'm sticking to my old rankings though and thus, Toronto is at 11.

One of the biggest positives surrounding Toronto is that I've been on the team before, so I'm familiar with some of the core. I loved being in an LR with Raymond and Cunningham, who are both great guys. I also liked talking to JNH while being GMed by him. But that is also a negative. I'm trying to avoid going back to a team I've already been on so unfortunately, that reduces my chances of going to Toronto.

On the negative side, I just don't have faith in their core. Their guys have really not done much to make me think they'll ever be a top team in the league. I think their offence is meh, their defence is meh. But I do think Harter will grow into a top flight goalie at some point in his career, whether it be with Toronto or not. I also have no interest in being GMed by Darian again, who I still don't see as a fit GM because I saw zero performance from him during my time there. I'm also not a fan of the Toronto guilt squad I keep hearing about and seeing every now and then, whether they know it's happening or not.

Pros: I've familiar with the core
Cons: Darian, no faith in the core, possible guilt squad

</div>

- JNH - 09-14-2015

Best of luck going to FA, whether or not you'd consider a return to Toronto. You were a great teammate Cheers

- Merica - 09-14-2015

Best of luck bro.

- .bojo - 09-14-2015

Cool

- Buster - 09-14-2015

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Sep 14 2015, 11:02 AM
Best of luck bro.

Gonna miss the MAN bros :(

- Chris-McZehrl - 09-14-2015

our Buster -------> [Image: giphy.gif]

Maxy & JT as stars ... the Cats :ph34r:

- r1c3bowl22 - 09-14-2015

So should I just tune in next week, when you finally post WKP as #1?

- Ohtaay - 09-14-2015

Platoon

- Merica - 09-14-2015

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Sep 14 2015, 11:22 AM

That delusion is real.

- Buster - 09-14-2015

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Sep 14 2015, 11:22 AM

Should I tell him?

- .bojo - 09-14-2015

Buster don't you remember all the times we... uh... um...

I got nothin'

- easymoneysniper - 09-14-2015

Good luck with the decision!

- CM Syckez - 09-14-2015

Don't know if Wolfpack is on your radar, but they should be Wink

- Buster - 09-14-2015

Quote:Originally posted by CM Syckez@Sep 14 2015, 03:46 PM
Don't know if Wolfpack is on your radar, but they should be Wink

On that note, first team updated

- Mac - 09-14-2015

Thank fuck.