Simulation Hockey League
Rainbow Six Siege - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Rainbow Six Siege (/showthread.php?tid=59641)

Pages: 1 2

- Birks - 12-30-2015

Has anyone bought it? Is it worth?

- Copenhagen - 12-30-2015

Wondering the same thing^

- .bojo - 12-30-2015

Heard nothing but good things about it. Haven't played rainbow six since the Las Vegas one

- Ohtaay - 12-30-2015

Its good if you have friends to play with. Takes a lot of communication .

- Ferdy - 12-30-2015

My two cents: very strategic and hardcore. I mean... VERY. No respawns, friendly fire at 100%, no hitmarker (except when you kill someone)... having friends to play with is not a must, but helps most casuals enjoy it more.

The pros of the game are really the characteristics above, assuming you like them. It's a legitimate experience focused heavily on your skill and coordination rather than just unlocking things. The variety of operators gives a whole new edge to the game, specially because two different people cannot choose the same class - so you've got to know what you're doing, otherwise you'll screw your team. Also, free DLC. Albeit season pass gives you a week early.

The cons are small variety of maps (and a problem that makes a small portion of them repeat too much), decent graphics (which isn't much of a bother, but some people will complain), badly rendered sights (not the iron sights), connectivity issues, lack of a solid single player experience (you've only got "missions") and a weirdly low FPS rate on Terrorist Hunt for consoles.

Check out "LevelCapGaming" and "JackFrags" on YouTube for very specific opinions.

Let me know if I've forgot anything. Wink

- Schultzy - 12-30-2015

I play on the PS4. Got it the day it dropped, Think I'm level 48 or some shit now.

Its really hard. Very unforgiving. And incredibly frustrating. But it's absolutely amazing at the same time. No respawns, no healing, one shot headshot kills, friendly fire...but tons of tactics and strategies. You have to do your job and work together as a team. There's a lot of counters and balance in the game so you have to play to your strengths and avoid being caught up in theirs.

Bottom line: if it looks like something you might like, it's something you'll be addicted to. Its an incredible game and unlike any other shooter I've ever played.

There's tons of tips on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/rainbow6

- Schultzy - 12-30-2015

Quote:Originally posted by Ferdy@Dec 30 2015, 10:08 PM
My two cents: very strategic and hardcore. I mean... VERY. No respawns, friendly fire at 100%, no hitmarker (except when you kill someone)... having friends to play with is not a must, but helps most casuals enjoy it more.

The pros of the game are really the characteristics above, assuming you like them. It's a legitimate experience focused heavily on your skill and coordination rather than just unlocking things. The variety of operators gives a whole new edge to the game, specially because two different people cannot choose the same class - so you've got to know what you're doing, otherwise you'll screw your team. Also, free DLC. Albeit season pass gives you a week early.

The cons are small variety of maps (and a problem that makes a small portion of them repeat too much), decent graphics (which isn't much of a bother, but some people will complain), badly rendered sights (not the iron sights), connectivity issues, lack of a solid single player experience (you've only got "missions") and a weirdly low FPS rate on Terrorist Hunt for consoles.

Check out "LevelCapGaming" and "JackFrags" on YouTube for very specific opinions.

Let me know if I've forgot anything. Wink
I only play multiplayer casual so I don't really have any of the connection problems others have complained about and I actually think the maps are perfect in terms of size since we're playing 5v5

More maps and operators are supposed to be released each quarter starting in January so hopefully the rotation gets better

- Ferdy - 12-31-2015

Quote:Originally posted by Schultzy@Dec 30 2015, 10:31 PM

I only play multiplayer casual so I don't really have any of the connection problems others have complained about and I actually think the maps are perfect in terms of size since we're playing 5v5

More maps and operators are supposed to be released each quarter starting in January so hopefully the rotation gets better

Sadly, I've had connectivity issues myself. I'd think it's something with being in South America if I hadn't seen Euros and North Americans complain. Undecided Apparently, part of the mistake is having the servers connect you to the wrong database or whatever. In the future, they seem t plan to make available choosing with which server to connect so you can get a better experience (they'd be divided by regions).

As for the maps, I didn't mean they're too small in size, I meant there aren't many of them. Smile

- Maxy - 12-31-2015

It's the best multiplayer of last year if you have friends to play with. On your own it's still fun but not on the same level. The multiplayer is a lot like the games that are based around competition as opposed to a casual experience. It's more of a Socom, CS Go, ARMA in that you need to use strategy as opposed to the likes of Call of Duty, Battlefield and Battlefront which are largely drop in, kill everyone, end game.

- Buster - 12-31-2015

I bought it but between Just Cause 3, Battlefront and Xenoblade Chronicles I haven't had a ton of time to play it

- Maxy - 12-31-2015

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Dec 31 2015, 07:34 PM
I bought it but between Just Cause 3, Battlefront and Xenoblade Chronicles I haven't had a ton of time to play it
What'd you get it on?

- Buster - 12-31-2015

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Dec 31 2015, 07:42 PM

What'd you get it on?

PS4 haha. More friends that play it on that

- Birks - 01-01-2016

Thanks for the info guys

- teztify - 01-01-2016

Anybody play this on Steam?

RE: Rainbow Six Siege - rashi012 - 02-03-2020

Our company is the web designing and development company in delhi it offers all type of services such as Web Design, Mobile App Development, Software Development, Android App Development for more details you can visit our site.