Simulation Hockey League
Can we talk about SMJHL/SHL Send Downs - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: SHL Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+---- Thread: Can we talk about SMJHL/SHL Send Downs (/showthread.php?tid=62469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- Deenerys Targa-rene - 03-21-2016

Hey guys,

Can we possibly find a new system for the SMJHL/SHL send downs, and signing inactive players to send down to teams?

I've gotten messages from like 5 different SMJHL teams asking me to sign players to send down for them. It just seems like a broken system to me that they rely on my help to improve their team.

Let's brainstorm some way for these teams to get an SHL inactive signing budget perhaps so they can just sign them themselves. I don't want to waste my cap space when i'm already at my send-down limit on some inactive guys I don't need, but I don't want SMJHL GM's to have to suffer either.

They need an SHL inactive budget that they can use in addition tot heir SMJHL budget. What about that?

That way, we're not required to sign players for them, and they're not completely depleted because I can't help them.

If they sign an SHL inactive, and later an SHL team wants to sign that inactive, they have the right to "steal" that player away from the SMJHL team and call them up. But there's a ton of inactives im being asked to sign that I know most SHL teams don't have any use for.

- Allen - 03-21-2016

Will you sign and send down players for me?

- .bojo - 03-21-2016

I usually just preface it with a clear understanding that if I need cap space they're the first inactives I cut. Usually doesn't come down to that, though.

But yeah, seems a little odd.

- WannabeFinn - 03-21-2016

No Deener, we can't talk about it. Because I say so.

Locked thread tbh.

- Muerto - 03-21-2016

Wannabefinn Taking control of this shit right now

The best way to be able to avoid this situation would be to recruit some more people to join so nobody has to rely on inactive Free Agents in the first place!

Or, you know, have half the league retire :ph34r:

But yes I m open to suggestions, but you understand that as of right now SMJHL teams are ineligible to sign >200 TPE FA's so the system of asking favors from SHL teams has kind of become a thing

- .bojo - 03-21-2016

maybe this is where a waiver system comes in handy. any send downs over 200 have to go through waivers (as long as they're inactive). just a thought.

- ArGarBarGar - 03-21-2016

When I made a joke about nobody asking me to sign inactives for them, I had three teams the next day PM me about it. :lol:

- ArGarBarGar - 03-21-2016

As far as signing inactives then sending them down, should require GMs to play any inactive free agent(scratched or otherwise) at least 7 games, making them ineligible to be sent down.

A draftee being sent down is way different than a random FA.

- Dmoushey_31 - 03-21-2016

I'd love to have about 4 players signed and sent down tbh...

Quote:Originally posted by KezKincaid@Mar 21 2016, 11:36 AM
Wannabefinn Taking control of this shit right now

The best way to be able to avoid this situation would be to recruit some more people to join so nobody has to rely on inactive Free Agents in the first place!

Or, you know, have half the league retire  :ph34r:

But yes I m open to suggestions, but you understand that as of right now SMJHL teams are ineligible to sign >200 TPE FA's so the system of asking favors from SHL teams has kind of become a thing
There should maybe be a max budget towards FA's over 200 TPE?

- .bojo - 03-21-2016

Quote:Originally posted by Snoodacris@Mar 21 2016, 02:50 PM

There should maybe be a max budget towards FA's over 200 TPE?

idk if that'd really help the problem, though.

Ah I see how maybe that takes away playing time from people who are active though

Hmm

- Wasty - 03-21-2016

There used to be a rule where send downs couldn't play over rookies apparently that rule has been passed over for many seasons but if we make it a rule no Inactives over 200 TPE can't play over Rookies.

- .bojo - 03-21-2016

what about simply not allowing inactive contracts the ability to be sent down

- teztify - 03-21-2016

If they can't fill rosters why did we expand :-?