Simulation Hockey League
Changes to Inactive Definition - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: SHL Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Thread: Changes to Inactive Definition (/showthread.php?tid=73543)

Pages: 1 2 3

- crutch - 03-14-2017

Hello SHL,

The Head Office has been looking to shore up some inactive rules and definitions to make them a little clearer in the rulebook. Additionally, we have decided to make NTC/NMC upheld on inactive players. Down below, you can see the changes that have occurred in the rulebook.

From the SHL Rulebook Currently:

D. Inactives
1. An inactive is a user who has not logged on in 30+ days.
2. A player deemed inactive can no longer earn points to improve their players growth.
a. GMs may not do training for inactive players on their team, but are responsible for regression.
3. Inactives who are free agents can be signed on a first come, first serve basis.
4. Inactive Free Agents who are entering or in regression will be automatically retired if they did not play in the SHL the previous season.
5. Inactive Free Agents cannot be signed after the trade deadline has passed. They may be signed once free agency opens in the offseason.
6. Inactive players whose contract includes a NTC or NMC are considered to have waived said clause.

Changes (in bold):

D. Inactives
1. An inactive is a user who has not posted in 30 days, and has not logged in for 14 days.
2. A player deemed inactive can no longer earn points to improve their players growth.
a. GMs may not do training for inactive players on their team, but are responsible for regression.
3. Inactives who are free agents can be signed on a first come, first serve basis.
4. Inactive Free Agents who are entering or in regression will be automatically retired if they did not play in the SHL the previous season.
5. Inactive Free Agents cannot be signed after the trade deadline has passed. They may be signed once free agency opens in the offseason.
6. Any No-Trade/No-Movement Clause in an inactive contract must be upheld by a team for the duration of the contract. Upon expiration of the existing contract, any team attempting to sign said inactive does not have to include a No-Trade/No-Movement Clause

These new definitions will be effective as of this posting.

Thank you,
Your friendly neighborhood HO.

- Gifter of Bikes - 03-14-2017

GMs could still release a ntc/nmc player without penalty, right?

- WannabeFinn - 03-14-2017

o shite

- Vik - 03-14-2017

So if you go inactive and come back you can't update your player you have to start over?

- Abdeezy - 03-14-2017

How about when a player on your team isn't considered inactive by definition but is not responding to PMs for a contract extension, because he's basically inactive but might have signed on on a random day and isn't planning on coming back anytime soon.

- Possum Queen - 03-14-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Jakub@Mar 14 2017, 02:06 PM
So if you go inactive and come back you can't update your player you have to start over?
If you come back, you're no longer considered inactive, and can earn TPE again.

- Vik - 03-14-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Tanner@Mar 14 2017, 02:13 PM

If you come back, you're no longer considered inactive, and can earn TPE again.
I don't understand the point of this bullet then?

- Possum Queen - 03-14-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Jakub@Mar 14 2017, 02:16 PM

I don't understand the point of this bullet then?
Not 100% sure, but I think the idea is that they can't retroactively claim milestones or whatever TPE they might have passively earned somehow while inactive.

But no, it's not very clear why this is included.

- WannabeFinn - 03-14-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Tanner@Mar 14 2017, 03:25 PM

Not 100% sure, but I think the idea is that they can't retroactively claim milestones or whatever TPE they might have passively earned somehow while inactive.

But no, it's not very clear why this is included.
I think it's there to prevent people from claiming weeks worth of training/AC's while they were inactive a la Carson lol

but who knows rly

- crutch - 03-14-2017

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Mar 14 2017, 12:31 PM

I think it's there to prevent people from claiming weeks worth of training/AC's while they were inactive a la Carson lol

but who knows rly

this

- fgh - 03-14-2017

Does this apply to IIHF as well?

- wikiplaysgames - 03-14-2017

Shit I go inactive all da time then

Also typical c trying to make IIHF relevant smfh god dammit

- fgh - 03-14-2017

Quote:Originally posted by wikiplaysgames@Mar 14 2017, 02:02 PM
Shit I go inactive all da time then

Also typical c trying to make IIHF relevant smfh god dammit

I mean, or you could do something productive instead of the same old shit Smile)

- JumpierPegasus - 03-14-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Mar 14 2017, 10:15 AM
GMs could still release a ntc/nmc player without penalty, right?
NTC yes, NMC no

- wikiplaysgames - 03-14-2017

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Mar 14 2017, 02:04 PM

I mean, or you could do something productive instead of the same old shit Smile)

Im about to be the East Fantasy series gm Hmm

Don't be a shithead c >:(