Simulation Hockey League
Sophia Bennett turning heads* - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=403)
+---- Thread: Sophia Bennett turning heads* (/showthread.php?tid=74519)

Pages: 1 2

- Dweaves08 - 04-06-2017

Code:
double media 1260 words
Ready for grading

<b><div align="center">Sophia Bennett highlighted</div></b><div align="center">(I may be a little bias but its whatever)</div>

<div align="center">[Image: WomenHockey.jpg]</div><div align="center">(Sophia Bennett busting around her opponent in championship game in Brandon, Mb)</div>

<div align="center">Growing up in the hockey capital Brandon, Manitoba. Sophia had a late start in her successful hockey career. She always grew up around the hockey rink as her much older twin brothers played the game, not so much now however. Sophia always had an interest in the game but it wasn’t until later in her life that she would jump at the chance to play. One day while waiting for her two older brothers to hit the ice for their game which they used to play every Sunday in Brandon, Sophia was playing mini sticks with all the other kids like they did every other game. About 20 minutes into her brothers’ game she got called by her mom to come here, asking her if she wanted to go onto the ice over on the second sheet of ice they had in the arena. I don’t think Sophia had said yes quicker to anything before, so they quickly found some equipment from another family so she could get on the ice before she changed her mind.</div>

<div align="center">Fast forward a couple years later, Sophia leads her home town Brandon Tigers to their first ever championship win, pretty sure this was one of the highlights of her young career after just starting to play the game a couple years before. I guess when you got it you got it and I believe that she has something special. As we approach the SMJHL entry draft there are a lot of rookies looking at making strong impressions on the general managers Sophia is going a step above that. She has busted out three unbelievable articles in double media week thus far, and I am not just saying that because one was about my boy Chris Crutchfield captain of the Los Angeles Panthers and myself Matthew Auston who is recently got drafted 10th overall by the Los Angeles Panthers.</div>

<div align="center">This rookie class is announced to be the best and most active in many seasons which is making the draft even harder to predict than we might have thought. I think there are going to be some surprises when it comes to the SMJHL draft coming up. I got a chance to sit down with Sophia and ask her thoughts and what is going through her head before the draft.</div>

<div align="center"> Interviewer: I see that Matthew mentioned that you had won your first championship shortly after you first started playing hockey. What did that first championship mean to you? </div>

<div align="center"> Sophia: Well I guess you could say it not only meant a lot to me but it meant a lot for the town of Brandon as it was the first time that they had won the championship. It was nice I could be a big part of that and now it put that winning taste in my mouth and I won’t look back now. I hope I can take that winning mentality into the team that I get drafted by. </div>

<div align="center"> Interviewer:What do you feel like you can bring to the team that you get drafted by? </div>

<div align="center"> Sophia: Obviously you see how big I am, I am not one of those big players that can take out anything in their path. What I can do is use my speed to jump up into a play to create that odd man rush which most of the time results in a scoring chance. One thing that most people under look about me I may be 150 pounds so I don’t have much weight to put behind my shot but when you use a 60 flex you don’t need that I will still go bar down. </div>

<div align="center"> Interviewer: Where do you see yourself being taken in the draft after talking to all the general managers this week leading up to the draft? </div>

<div align="center">Sophia: I really hope I would manage to go somewhere in the top 10 with how much work I have put into training the last couple weeks. However this is a very strong draft class and anything can happen, a lot of players are training hard trying to stand out. We are a very tight knit draft class but I think that is going to change once we get drafted and start hitting the ice against each other in the season. </div>

<div align="center"> Interviewer: If you get drafted to a different team then Matthew Auston do you think you will take it easy on him? </div>

<div align="center"> Sophia: [laughs] If anyone knows me I don’t like to lose and he’s not going to come in the way of that. If he has the puck I’m not just going to let him go around me, I will steal the puck and go put it in his net instead. I feel like we are going to be very competitive towards each other when it comes to keeping track of stats throughout the season. </div>

<div align="center"> Interviewer: if you were to pick one player in real life that you model your game after who would it be? And why? </div>

<div align="center"> Sophia: Well most of you would think I would say Sam Bennett as per my name but you guessed wrong. I would have to say I my model player after Connor Mcdavid of the Edmonton Oilers. He is the quickest and shiftiest player that I know one second he is coming down on a defence man the next second he is already around them on a breakaway. Don’t tell Matthew but I’m going to marry Connor one day. [laughs] although he already knows. </div>

<div align="center"> Interview: Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to talk to us. Good luck in the draft tomorrow and I hope it’s everything that you imagined; we look forward to watching you this season. </div>

<div align="center">Sophia Bennett’s attributes

Total TPE = 194

CK = Checking: 41
FG = Fighting: 25
DI = Discipline: 62
SK = Skating: 69
ST = Strength: 61
EN = Endurance: 60 1/2
DU = Durability: 50
PH = Puck Handling: 62
FO = Face Offs: 40
PA = Passing: 59
SC = Scoring: 69
DF = Defense: 65
PS = Penalty Shot: 40
</div>

<div align="center"> With only joining the league a couple weeks ago Sophia is coming into the league guns a blazing and she’s only just starting. Personally with the build that she has started above and how active she has been over the weeks that she has joined the league I wouldn’t be surprised if she went in the top 5 of the draft. They do have a very strong rookie class and I may be a little bias but whoever picks Sophia will not regret it she will make your team better in every way possible. Put her on the power play she will set it up and the other team won’t be ready for the rocket that she will release when the goalies not ready. I can’t imagine how nervous Sophia is for the draft tomorrow night as I was shitting my pants for the SHL draft, but I will be there for support wherever she needs it.(I don’t think she will need much because she is going top 5 for sure in my opinion) </div>

<div align="center"> Good luck to Sophia and all the other draftees in the SMJHL draft tomorrow! I will be looking forward to playing with a couple of you next season & look out for the ones that I am playing against. Scarecrows are going to make a solid run. </div>

- crutch - 04-06-2017

yes

yaaaaaaaaaaas

nice work buddy, keep up the great work!! Cheers

- bozzz - 04-06-2017

Nice profile article, and good read. Cheers

- DrunkenTeddy - 04-06-2017

Sophia is a great prospect, whoever takes her is gonna be really happy.

- WannabeFinn - 04-06-2017

turning heads and dying of infection in hunger games

- TheRealBK - 04-06-2017

Turning Heads? More like turning BREADS.

Yeah, I'll just find the door.

- goilers - 04-06-2017

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Apr 5 2017, 11:48 PM
turning heads and dying of infection in hunger games

LOL. Thanks for that!

- Waters - 04-06-2017

not to nitpick but how can you have an older twin brother

I like the article otherwise but that bothers me pls fix

- Nereus - 04-06-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Waters@Apr 6 2017, 06:43 AM

wow you're actually analyzing shit Waters proud of you

- WannabeFinn - 04-06-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Waters@Apr 6 2017, 10:43 AM

every set of twins has an older and a younger individual

they don't both pop out at the exact same time Hmm

- Waters - 04-06-2017

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Apr 6 2017, 09:49 AM

every set of twins has an older and a younger individual

they don't both pop out at the exact same time  Hmm
obviously but how is it important which one is older when they're twins like if i was referring to my twin brother i wouldn't say my older twin brother. it's not like he's considered an age group above me because of his time of birth.

that's what is triggering me

then again is anything relevant

am i relevant to life

i think im high

- crutch - 04-06-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Waters@Apr 6 2017, 07:51 AM

obviously but how is it important which one is older when they're twins like if i was referring to my twin brother i wouldn't say my older twin brother. it's not like he's considered an age group above me because of his time of birth.

that's what is triggering me

then again is anything relevant

am i relevant to life

i think im high

U obviously don't know any twins

"Secret is, I'm the oldest twin"

I hear that shit waters. I hear it all da time

- Rabidsponge21 - 04-06-2017

[Image: 148089-Caddyshack-black-guy-boat-gif-IBmL.gif]

- prettyburn - 04-06-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Waters@Apr 6 2017, 09:43 AM
BrotherS. She has older brothers, who are each others' twins. At least that's how I'm reading it.

That said, it also took me a minute to figure out that she wasn't being referred to as "Brandon Sophia" so...

- Waters - 04-06-2017

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Apr 6 2017, 09:59 AM

BrotherS. She has older brothers, who are each others' twins. At least that's how I'm reading it.

That said, it also took me a minute to figure out that she wasn't being referred to as "Brandon Sophia" so...
ty so much