Simulation Hockey League
Vancouver Announces Captains - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=403)
+---- Thread: Vancouver Announces Captains (/showthread.php?tid=74774)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Ghost - 04-11-2017

<div align="center">[Image: 8RqFk1n.png]

The new season is just about upon us and for us here in Vancouver we are looking forward to a fresh start with a great young crop of rookies! Our former captain <a href='index.php?showuser=2468' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>TommySalami</a> was one of the trade casualties as we tried to gain as many picks as possible in the upcoming drafts, and to try and take some positives out of last years failed season. Salami was an excellent Whaler during his time here and wish him all the best in his future endeavors with the Buffalo Stampede. <a href='index.php?showuser=93' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Jorec</a> wore the "A" for us last season, but has gotten the call to bigger and better opportunities with his SHL team the Manhattan Rage. Razin was a good soldier who never complained once during his time with Vancouver, sadly we couldn't bring a championship home while he was with us, but hopefully he gets one sooner rather than later with his pro team. Thank you Salami and Razin, for all the hard work you brought to the organization the past couple of seasons Cheers

Our first alternate captain that we are very pleased to announce is sniper extraordinaire, hailing from Brandon Manitoba and second overall draft pick in the S34 entry draft Sophia Bennett. Bennett while still young has a knack for scoring that big goal when the pressure is on. She has been a great voice in the locker room in her short time with the team and has unlimited potential to become one of the next Whaler greats. We look forward to seeing Bennett play this season and know that the added responsibility of wearing an "A" on her jersey will do nothing but help her thrive here. Congrats <a href='index.php?showuser=2582' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>goilers</a>

The next alternate captain has been an immense presence around the league since the day he declared for the S34 draft, and it shows as he was taken first overall. A defensive guru and Vancouver's own home grown stud; Robert Phelps. Phelps is not the flashiest of prospects, but his leadership and defensive abilities are second to none. Phelps fit right in on this young Whalers team and his desire to win and be the best player that he can makes him a great choice to represent Vancouver as a captain. Even though he is still a rookie, he has made it his mission to make sure all other rookies are comfortable and doing what they need to do to succeed. We are excited to see what lies in store for this phenom as he grows and matures as a player, who is already off to an excellent start. Congrats <a href='index.php?showuser=2572' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-62'>DrunkenTeddy</a>

Finally, the Vancouver Whalers are very pleased to announce the teams new captain, joining us all the way from Antarctica, this offensive dynamo can score on even the best SMJHL goalies and make it look easy. A huge steal for Vancouver at 13th overall, Spitfire. While still a rookie, Spitfire has lots of league connections and it almost seems as if he has done this before. Scoring with ease, Vancouver's newest captain already looks like a seasoned veteran. Spitfire's laid back, never panic approach to the game is perfect and exactly what this young Vancouver squad needs to help them get back into the playoffs after missing them last season. Congrats <a href='index.php?showuser=1174' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-67'>Storm</a> very well deserved.</div>

- Phobospwns - 04-11-2017

Congrats to the new Captains from all of the former Vancouver Captains out there!

- goilers - 04-11-2017

Extremely honored to wear the "A" this year. Cant wait to do big things with the Whalers! Happy to have Phelps and Spitfire by my side, both well deserved!! <div align="center">Whalers </div>

- dandydoodle - 04-11-2017

Good job captains and assisters.

- QuantumCowboy - 04-11-2017

Congrats, Captain and Lieutenants, now let's go own the ice!

- DrunkenTeddy - 04-11-2017

Thanks Kai, I'm honored to be handed this kind of responsibility in my first season. I'll do what I can to live up to expectations.

Congrats to Storm on the 'C' and Goilers on the 'A', both really well deserved.

- Sean - 04-11-2017

Good luck guys! Whalers

- ztevans - 04-11-2017

Great choices, Vancouver.

- JR95 - 04-11-2017

Amazing choices all around, though there really couldnt be any bad choices with the amazing crop of rookies the team picked up!

Whalers

- TheRealBK - 04-11-2017

Emiya Shirou got robbed.

Quote:Originally posted by TheRealBK@Apr 11 2017, 12:11 PM
Emiya Shirou got robbed.

Honestly, if he didn't go inactive a couple weeks ago he would have at least received an 'A'. Unfortunately he's not been on and stopped responding in Discord :(

RIP

- Ghost - 04-11-2017

Quote:Originally posted by TheRealBK@Apr 11 2017, 01:11 PM
Emiya Shirou got robbed.

[Image: oL3Gdnm.jpg]

- TheRealBK - 04-11-2017

Quote:Originally posted by DrunkenTeddy@Apr 11 2017, 02:16 PM

Honestly, if he didn't go inactive a couple weeks ago he would have at least received an 'A'. Unfortunately he's not been on and stopped responding in Discord :(

RIP

Last word I heard from him is that he's been tending to his sick mom. About a week ago, he said he was in the hospital with her. Nonetheless, my post was merely a joke more than anything. The selections of captaincy are more than fine.

It just means you guys will get the blame when you lose every game to St. Louis. Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows

Quote:Originally posted by TheRealBK@Apr 11 2017, 12:26 PM

Last word I heard from him is that he's been tending to his sick mom. About a week ago, he said he was in the hospital with her. Nonetheless, my post was merely a joke more than anything. The selections of captaincy are more than fine.

It just means you guys will get the blame when you lose every game to St. Louis. Scarecrows&nbsp; Scarecrows&nbsp; Scarecrows

Oh wow that's awful... Gotta feel for the guy, hopefully she recovers.

- storm - 04-11-2017

Quote:Originally posted by TheRealBK@Apr 11 2017, 03:26 PM

It just means you guys will get the blame when you lose every game to St. Louis. Scarecrows&nbsp; Scarecrows&nbsp; Scarecrows

BK i'm better than you in every way and you know it.

If our players fight this season i guarantee ill whip your chipmunk ass.

Ninja