Simulation Hockey League
Jordan Ryder SMJHL Draft Rankings - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=403)
+---- Thread: Jordan Ryder SMJHL Draft Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=77671)

Pages: 1 2

- tweedlebrumm - 07-31-2017

<div align="center">
Jordan Ryder SMJHL Draft Rankings
</div>

8. Montreal Militia - Bottoming out the list is the Montreal Militia, while this team may have been very attractive with previously management, the staff in place now doesn’t wow me. The color scheme of the team is really nice, but that’s where nice ends for me with Montreal. Looking over their roster, after Thaddeus Prince no one really stands out to me in a positive way. To cement Militia’s dead last ranking they also have the dumbass formerly known as :mac: on the roster. Sorry Montreal, nothing to see here.

7. Kelowna Knights - The drop off from 7th to 8th is massive for me, Kelowna is one of the more prestigious SMJHL teams, and constantly are producing high draft pics. I don’t really have any experience with Jenny or ej27, but they seem to run a great program in Kelowna. The reason I have them at 7, is I don’t think I would really fit in, in their locker room (plus I wouldn’t have to hear <a href='index.php?showuser=2397' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Samee</a>.) Looking at their roster it they should have a strong team returning to the, with what looks to be a very successful S36 draft. One of the true highlights on Kelowna is Mike Izzy who continually cracks me up with Brand Izzy.

6. Vancouver Whalers – If you would of asked me who would be dead last on these rankings 2 years ago, it would of definitely been Vancouver. Now they’ve built a pretty attractive team, after coming off a 4 star cup victory. That being said they appear to be very stacked with rumors of a lot of them staying down in the SMJHL one more season. I believe <a href='index.php?showuser=2262' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Kaisonious</a> has stepped down, but one thing really stood out to me. When I was the GM of SEA, he had reached out to me with a letter of recommendation for <a href='index.php?showuser=589' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>JPL</a>. While it may have not seemed like a big deal, it meant a lot in my eyes as he was willing to go the extra mile for his players.

5. Detroit Falcons A major drawing factor to Detroit is their GMing duo <a href='index.php?showuser=1163' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>WannabeFinn</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=2271' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>Avakael</a>, I’ve never really had much interaction with Avakael but everything they do seems to be done well. The Falcons roster definitely needs some help after what looks to have been a rough S36 draft. They do have some really solid players in the lockerroom like Singh, Hawkins, Hefeweizen. However, they do have one glaring red flag on their team in Arrivabene, I’ve never seen him add much value to a team or anything. In my experience with signing him to an ELC he’s a prick.

4. Prince George Firebirds - The old stomping grounds, where I got my first start and met so many of the people I look up to, and call friends. Looking at the current roster it looks in a similar state it was when I was last drafted by them team. A few solid active players, but what looks to be a lot of draft day misses with several players in the 150-200 range. I know they have a pretty active LR, and symmetrik wants to win as GM. I wouldn’t be mad at all if I returned to Prince George, it would give me a chance to break Brumm’s scoring record that has stood for 10 seasons.

3. Colorado Mammoths - I have heard nothing but good things about the Colorado Mammoths, which is not really a surprised with <a href='index.php?showuser=2297' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>InciteHysteria</a> at the helm. There roster is very interesting S36 looks like it was about a 50/50 draft for them, they have several players on the borderline of being called up to SHL. If all these call up’s happen it could leave them really talent deprived. Guys like Creller, Hagan, Hammersmark would have to step in a major way. The only negative opinion of this team I have is I am more partial towards the old logo, and not the new one they rolled out.

2. Halifax raiders – While I have limited experience with both <a href='index.php?showuser=2241' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>NYRangers3061</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=802' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>FourFour</a>, they are definitely the 2nd most attractive GM duo to be drafted by. While Halifax hasn’t been around as long as other teams I feel that they were instantly a contender, and one of the most prestigious SMJHL teams since they’ve entered the league. They have had several stud players, and stud GM’s pass the team around. If I remember correctly several ex Hali GM’s are GMing in the big leagues now. While they do lack some depth, they seemed to have fared better in S36 so that should make them a strong contender. Not to mention FourFour Jr. between the pipes, if he can be half the player his dad was, he’ll have a great career.

1. St. Louis Scarecrows - This really shouldn’t be a shock here as I was a terrible GM for a brief period of time before getting the Seattle gig. <a href='index.php?showuser=1787' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>TML99</a> is one of my favorite people on the SHL, and from what I’ve seen in the STL Head Office <a href='index.php?showuser=2310' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>JKortesi81</a> is one of the most passionate, and hardest working dudes in the league. They have a ton of veteran presence on their team, and some strong new guys, in guys like Louie Garret, and Finn Jakobsen. I know they have a glaring need, but I still hope somehow they will be able to call my name on draft day.

*When I refer to S36, I'm referring to the S36 SHL Draft Class.

- DrunkenTeddy - 07-31-2017

Only 6th? Crybaby

At least we beat Kelowna. B)

Quote:Originally posted by DrunkenTeddy@Jul 31 2017, 08:25 AM
Only 6th?&nbsp; Crybaby

At least we beat Kelowna.&nbsp; B)

Trust me, it's purely on your stackedness. Kaison and JR have done a great job on that team.

- Clint Eastwood - 07-31-2017

Can't blame you for not wanting to hear Samee

Cheers

- NYRangers - 07-31-2017

We'd love to have you on raiders

We have some high picks, so you never know what can happen Wink

Quote:Originally posted by NYRangers3061@Jul 31 2017, 08:28 AM
We'd love to have you on raiders

We have some high picks, so you never know what can happen Wink

So lets make it happen

Ryder > raiders
S36 - 2M

- NYRangers - 07-31-2017

Quote:Originally posted by tweedlebrumm@Jul 31 2017, 12:30 PM

So lets make it happen

Ryder > raiders
S36 - 2M
:lol:

- JKortesi81 - 07-31-2017

Are you okay with switching your position to goalie if the team needs it?

- FourFour - 07-31-2017

Quote:Originally posted by tweedlebrumm@Jul 31 2017, 09:30 AM

So lets make it happen

Ryder > raiders
S36 - 2M
Smile)

Glad to see us high on your rankings, Brumm Smile

Quote:Originally posted by JKortesi81@Jul 31 2017, 08:40 AM
Are you okay with switching your position to goalie if the team needs it?

I probably play goalie and forward better than whatever goalie u draft. Especially Bejeaux

- sash - 07-31-2017

rip me :(

- crutch - 07-31-2017

Sign for $3M brumm

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@Jul 31 2017, 09:01 AM
Sign for $3M brumm

Can u do dat?

- crutch - 07-31-2017

Quote:Originally posted by tweedlebrumm@Jul 31 2017, 10:02 AM

Can u&nbsp; do dat?

I think so