Simulation Hockey League
Scarecrows' Drafting Prowess - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=403)
+---- Thread: Scarecrows' Drafting Prowess (/showthread.php?tid=78014)

- bluesfan55 - 08-05-2017

Yea, it's KMOV St. Louis' Larry Johnson back again. With the SMJHL Draft recently and the two draftees, Johnny Yuma and Logan Jensen, signing contracts, I though it'd be a good time to look back on the Scarecrows' draftees last year and how they've been doing.

Tigole Bitties

What can I say about this kid? He's a great player who's consistently improved throughout the season and has totally lived up to his draft status as the seventh overall pick. His stats in his rookie season were great, as he put up 10 points on the third line (3 goals, 7 assists), and had a plus-minus of +8. He was recently drafted 4th in the SHL Entry Draft by the Edmonton Blizzard. Bitties is a great passer, scorer, and takes good face-offs, but can't fight if he ever gets in one.

Finn Jakobsen

Jakobsen had a good rookie season as well, including a promotion to the third line midway through the season. His playoff heroics are not to be overlooked, as he won two games in OT for the Crows when they played the Mammoths in the playoffs. Even though his regular season stats weren't special (2 goals, 5 assists), his consistent improvement showed throughout the season. Finn is a good passer and he handles the puck well, but Jakobsen isn't the strongest guy.

Roman Augustus

Again, what can I say about this kid? He must be one of the steals of the draft. A third round pick, Augustus led all St. Louis rookies in points (5 goals and 16 assists for a total of 21 points) and has consistently improved this season. He was also taken in the first round of the SHL Entry Draft, as the 10th pick by the Calgary Dragons. Augustus is a fine two-way defenseman who's a great defender, scorer, puck handler, and passer, but he's not a very good checker.

Seth Paige

Well, this could be our second of three steals in this draft class, which must mean co-GMs Ryan King and Joe Kurczewski are great drafters. Paige was right behind Augustus in points (1 goal and 15 assists for 16 points), and he was recently drafted 20th overall in the SHL Entry Draft by the Winnipeg Jets. Paige is a great defender, passer, skater, and he's strong as well, but Seth is a bad scorer, as shown by his one goal, which isnt good for a two-way defenseman.

Joseph Lombardi

Our final steal of this class, Joseph Lombardi didn't have the best rookie season, but he has consistently improved throughout the season and his offseason training makes me excited for this kid next season, where he could break out. He's a young kid too (17), and has lots of time to improve. He only had one point (a goal) and a plus-minus of -13, but his playoff performances, like Jakobsen's, were better (1 goal, +1 plus-minus). He's a great scorer, skater, puck handler, and defender, but like Augustus, his weakness is checking.

Connor O'Connor

Connor O'Connor.... yeesh. The kid wasn't that good at all and was released. NEXT!

Marcus Nyquist

Just like O'Connor, Nyquist wasn't good either. However, the Scarecrows would make a very impactful rookie free agent signing....

Teddy Cuddles

This kid is a workout warrior. He's improved a lot since joining the team midway through the season. He's a natural RW, but he played center most of the season to replace Nyquist on the fourth line. Cuddles had three points (2 goals and an assist) last season, but I can see him getting better. He was also drafted by the Calgary Dragons, but in the second round. He's a good power forward who's a good scorer and skater, but Teddy is a bad passer.

- Pope [Leo] - 08-05-2017

I like waking up to stuff like this Smile
Keeo up the good work! Cheers

- trella - 08-06-2017

Nice work Blues, keep it up!