Simulation Hockey League
idea better than McZ - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: SHL Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+---- Thread: idea better than McZ (/showthread.php?tid=80507)

Pages: 1 2

- formx - 11-08-2017

McZ's idea had me thinking. We need expansion, but we also need to tackle the double shifting problem. To fix the double shifting problem I suggest to reduce the maximum roster caps to this

10 skaters maximum regardless of position and 2 goalies.

This will eliminate the problem by making sure every team has to roll only 2 lines of players. I also suggest removing positions completely. If teams want to run with 10 forwards or 10 defencemen or a mix of both, it's up to them.

I know you might be thinking "isn't this worse for the players who don't get to play?". That my friends is why we expand. I'm suggesting an expansion of the league to a 4 conference, 24 team league. By doing this, it will allow more players to have a chance to play, and for those in juniors who want to stay down, they will get the chance to stay down.

In a 4 conference league, the team layout will look like this

Pacific:

LA,
San Fran,
Seattle
Surrey
Calgary
Tokyo

Central:

Winnipeg
Texas
Hamilton
Edmonton
Toronto
New England

East:
West Kendall
New England
Buffalo
Minnesota
Manhattan
Rio de Janeiro

United Kingdom:
London
Manchester
Liverpool
Newcastle
Cardiff
Glasgow

By doing this it gives us a diverse selection of teams.

I also suggest we get rid of trades. We only do transfers now within the two transfer Windows. (Summer and Winter)

Also get rid of the draft. Let new players choose where they want to play the moment they sign up and then get sent down to the SMJHL where they are drafted by their junior team. To prevent the richer clubs from abusing this rule we must have a youth player salary cap.

Also introduce a promotion and relegation system if the league grows enough. I'm not sure how to do this yet but I assume half the teams in this division will be UK and half North America.

I think this is better than our current system. Let's do this.

- WannabeFinn - 11-08-2017

[Image: 245723.jpg]

- sarmo - 11-08-2017

Agreed, solid idea only if we include arsenal and wenger as commish

- sash - 11-08-2017

solid if jose mourinho is involved

and lukaku

- CFJ - 11-08-2017

This sounds great. I agree we should separate the teams into divisions but one expansion team and at a time.

- Zoone16 - 11-08-2017

Quote:Originally posted by formx@Nov 8 2017, 02:35 PM
McZ's idea had me thinking. We need expansion, but we also need to tackle the double shifting problem. To fix the double shifting problem I suggest to reduce the maximum roster caps to this

10 skaters maximum regardless of position and 2 goalies.

This will eliminate the problem by making sure every team has to roll only 2 lines of players. I also suggest removing positions completely. If teams want to run with 10 forwards or 10 defencemen or a mix of both, it's up to them.

I know you might be thinking "isn't this worse for the players who don't get to play?". That my friends is why we expand. I'm suggesting an expansion of the league to a 4 conference, 24 team league. By doing this, it will allow more players to have a chance to play, and for those in juniors who want to stay down, they will get the chance to stay down.

In a 4 conference league, the team layout will look like this

Pacific:

LA,
San Fran,
Seattle
Surrey
Calgary
Tokyo

Central:

Winnipeg
Texas
Hamilton
Edmonton
Toronto
New England

East:
West Kendall
New England
Buffalo
Minnesota
Manhattan
Rio de Janeiro

United Kingdom:
London
Manchester
Liverpool
Newcastle
Cardiff
Glasgow

By doing this it gives us a diverse selection of teams.

I also suggest we get rid of trades. We only do transfers now within the two transfer Windows. (Summer and Winter)

Also get rid of the draft. Let new players choose where they want to play the moment they sign up and then get sent down to the SMJHL where they are drafted by their junior team. To prevent the richer clubs from abusing this rule we must have a youth player salary cap.

Also introduce a promotion and relegation system if the league grows enough. I'm not sure how to do this yet but I assume half the teams in this division will be UK and half North America.

I think this is better than our current system. Let's do this.

Lets also have the game with 11 (all 10 skaters + 1 goalie) on at the same time.

While we're at it lets change the ice rink to a green field and make it bigger (gotta fit more players on the ice/field).

The nets need to be bigger as well.... and lets remove the sticks, skates, pads.... they could cause injuries...

- .bojo - 11-08-2017

can we use a sim that gets rid of pucks and replaces it with soccer balls, but still stay on the ice

- formx - 11-08-2017

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Nov 8 2017, 12:37 PM
[Image: 245723.jpg]

[Image: 72384_front.jpg]

- Raven - 11-08-2017

Dib on being on the Tokyo team

- Nereus - 11-08-2017

i disagree based on me not reading mczs or your idea

- Raven - 11-08-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@Nov 8 2017, 09:54 PM

[Image: av-2015.jpg]

- r1c3bowl22 - 11-08-2017

This would've been better had <a href='index.php?showuser=1322' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-66'>mpc</a> suggested it

- formx - 11-08-2017

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Nov 8 2017, 12:58 PM
This would've been better had <a href='index.php?showuser=1322' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-66'>mpc</a> suggested it

Ya but c is a dumbass

- wikiplaysgames - 11-08-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@Nov 8 2017, 01:54 PM

conversely, I agree based on not reading your idea or Mczs idea

- formx - 11-08-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Zoone16@Nov 8 2017, 12:48 PM

Lets also have the game with 11 (all 10 skaters + 1 goalie) on at the same time.

While we're at it lets change the ice rink to a green field and make it bigger (gotta fit more players on the ice/field).

The nets need to be bigger as well.... and lets remove the sticks, skates, pads.... they could cause injuries...

This is all a brilliant idea.

You know what? Screw the SHL. I'm making my own league called PESHL.