Simulation Hockey League
Goalie Builds - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: SHL Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+---- Thread: Goalie Builds (/showthread.php?tid=81852)

Pages: 1 2

- .bojo - 12-11-2017

Main three attributes for goalies: Style Control, Hand Speed, and Reaction Time

Strengths
Standup:
- 2 of SC/HS/RT
- Size
Butterfly:
- 2 of SC/HS/RT
- Rebound Control
Hybrid:
- 2 of SC/HS/RT
- Attribute of your choice

Now, it's not entirely clear for the hybrid build if "Attribute of your choice" can include the remaining attribute from SC/HC/RT. But based on what's pretty much accepted as the "main three" attributes, why would anyone choose anything other than hybrid?

Instead, let's just simply keep the goalie build contained to just one build type.

Goalie:
- 2 of SC/HS/RT
- Attribute of your choice excluding SC/HS/RT

The weaknesses are about the same for each build too, so we can just keep that as well. Maybe remove skating as a weakness since that's what everyone picks, similar to checking for skaters.

Open to other ideas for goalie builds, but I brought this up earlier with a few people that agreed it's not entirely clear.

- Wally - 12-11-2017

<a href='index.php?showuser=1157' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Beaujeaux</a> I’m for this if goalies move to the same scale as everyone else.

- .bojo - 12-11-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Dec 11 2017, 03:01 PM
<a href='index.php?showuser=1157' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Beaujeaux</a> I’m for this if goalies move to the same scale as everyone else.

That's a different issue.

- Wally - 12-11-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Dec 11 2017, 02:02 PM

That's a different issue.

Lol it is... but damn it, it is the key to diversity across the league. No problems will ever be solved if the common goal is to casually max a player. Strengths and weaknesses will never matter... they just make the creation steps look glorious.

- BruinsFanatic100 - 12-11-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Dec 11 2017, 03:01 PM
Nah fuck that shit, scale is fine where it is

- FourFour - 12-11-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Dec 11 2017, 01:08 PM

Lol it is... but damn it, it is the key to diversity across the league. No problems will ever be solved if the common goal is to casually max a player.&nbsp; Strengths and weaknesses will never matter... they just make the creation steps look glorious.
goalie is the casual build on the site, fuck changing the update scale for them

- Wally - 12-11-2017

Quote:Originally posted by BruinsFanatic100+Dec 11 2017, 02:18 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (BruinsFanatic100 @ Dec 11 2017, 02:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Nah fuck that shit, scale is fine where it is[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-FourFour@Dec 11 2017, 02:22 PM

goalie is the casual build on the site, fuck changing the update scale for them
[/quote]

Lazy bastards lmao... your idea of goaltending:

[Image: shootertutor.png]

- BruinsFanatic100 - 12-11-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Dec 11 2017, 03:26 PM

Yup, and I'm perfectly fine with it.

To be honest with you, the goalie update scale is the only reason I'm here.

- .bojo - 12-11-2017

guys, that's a different topiccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

let's focus on this, which can lead to that if necessary.

- FourFour - 12-11-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Wally@Dec 11 2017, 01:26 PM

Yeah its fun

- Grapehead - 12-11-2017

This would theoretically only change 4 attribute points for the two effected attributes (moving one from 99-95 and the other from 95-99) ... Not that this doesn't make sense bojo, but it will just create a new "optimal" build, so does that really fix the problem?

- .bojo - 12-11-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Dec 11 2017, 03:47 PM
This would theoretically only change 4 attribute points for the two effected attributes (moving one from 99-95 and the other from 95-99) ... Not that this doesn't make sense bojo, but it will just create a new "optimal" build, so does that really fix the problem?

It's not fixing a problem, it's simplifying what exists since there's no real "variety" in goalie builds (as far as I know)

That four points is still important.

- Wally - 12-11-2017

Quote:Originally posted by BruinsFanatic100@Dec 11 2017, 02:39 PM

Yup, and I'm perfectly fine with it.

To be honest with you, the goalie update scale is the only reason I'm here.

But that’s what I’m talking about... changing a scale doesn’t mean, make it more difficult. This league has made it a priority of having a bunch of 99s over a variety of builds. This makes an easier goalie scale more desirable for a casual user, which I totally get.

The thing I have never understood with the SHL is that the urgency on doing PTs, predictions, ACs; Is not to get an advantage on another, it is to prevent yourself from falling behind. When the number of elite players outweighs the number of good players, our idea of variety is mute. It isn’t possible. That is what’s frustrating to me.

- FourFour - 12-11-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Dec 11 2017, 01:49 PM

It's not fixing a problem, it's simplifying what exists since there's no real "variety" in goalie builds (as far as I know)

That four points is still important.
Most people will end up picking the same things tho

- Wally - 12-11-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Dec 11 2017, 02:41 PM
guys, that's a different topiccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

let's focus on this, which can lead to that if necessary.

But my topic... would facilitate this topic Smile lol