Simulation Hockey League
Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=403)
+---- Thread: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft (/showthread.php?tid=87679)

Pages: 1 2

Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - hockeyfan - 07-11-2018

*DOUBLE DRAFT WEEK OR WHATEVER

Harvey Danger knows a thing or two about being drafted late in the SMJHL draft and turning it into a top pick the next season in the SHL, so maybe he can pick the ones who will turn out just like him. Also the opposite!

BOOOOOOOOMS!:

[Image: 111015_redwings_capitals_ak_025-e1507935070506.jpg]
  • Pakko Pelai - D Raptors
    Picked: 78th Overall

Pelai has kept himself around despite being picked in the 10th round, and if the Raptors can nurture him and keep him motivated, they could get a pretty good player.

• Juha Teräväinen - C Falcons
    Picked: 76th Overall

This big forward has the Scandinavian World Junior Team excited about the S42 tournament, as long as he keeps up with his training.

• Christian Walker - RW Militia
    Picked: 75th Overall

The man decided to buy a home gym with his rookie contract, which should keep him motivated and be a steal in the early 10th round.

• Ricky Weaver - D Scarecrows
    Picked: 71st Overall

An American offensive defenseman, Weaver has been one of the bigger surprises since the draft. If re-done today, maybe he makes it into the 4th round?

• David Fantobens - RW Falcons
    Picked: 68th Overall

A picture of a toilet as his avatar? His player has a great chance to be less shitty than that photo. A real steal in the 9th round, could be a top 16 pick if he keeps up the training.

• Snipperri Baardownen - C raiders
    Picked: 57th Overall

One of the first to venture over in the Reddit recruitment drive, it's a real shame this player fell to 57th, when he's easily a top 20 talent. For shame, GM's.

• Marcel Pühringer - LW Whalers
    Picked: 56th Overall

How did he fall all the way to 56th? A huge power forward from Austria and a big city in Canada got a great steal in the 7th round. At least he's projected to be.

• Jake Reid - D Raptors
    Picked: 54th Overall

You rarely see an enforcer defenseman build, and it's probably why he dropped all the way down here. But with some time and training, he could be a real special player.

• Jeff Brogen - LW Militia
    Picked: 51st Overall

A return to the league for this individual, you normally don't see recreates fall this far down the draft board. With a fresh sense of enthusiasm and a solid training regiment, Brogen could be a first round talent.

• Cedric Robinson - G Falcons
    Picked: 44th Overall

Goaltenders usually take a while to come off the draft board, so Robinson at 44th isn't that big of a surprise. Should be have been the first goaltender picked in the draft? Only time will tell.

BUUUUUUUUSTS!:

[Image: 180920144.0.jpg]

• Krištof Kovacs - C raiders
    Picked: 7th Overall

One half of the players with similar last names, Kovacs has the better chance of them to bust and it's not guaranteed to happen, however he'll need to work hard to earn his first round place.

• Jonatan Back - D Armada
    Picked: 15th Overall

The first round looks pretty solid right now so we turn out attentions to the second. Back seemed like a strong option in the second round at the draft and even made the Scandinavian World Junior Team, but he seems like a good candidate to bust before the SMJHL season begins.

The first few rounds of the draft looked solid for players and their potential. It's too early to say for sure who will bust, but it's likely a smaller fraction than we've seen before in the SMJHL, which bodes well for this leagues, and the SHL's, future.

RE: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - ml002 - 07-11-2018

Bäck is currently on vacation but will be returning Sunday so no worries on him busting. Also snubbed 74th ov selection in Tucker Baloo. smh league over looking us still Armada

RE: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - grok - 07-11-2018

I'm here for three things: to bust ass, to win cups, and to make every other GM regret passing me for six rounds.

RE: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - hockeyfan - 07-11-2018

07-11-2018, 10:17 PMml002 Wrote: Bäck is currently on vacation but will be returning Sunday so no worries on him busting. Also snubbed 74th ov selection in Tucker Baloo. smh league over looking us still Armada

god damn who has time to look over every single player. I'm here for three things: double media week. god damn fact checker over here.

RE: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - ml002 - 07-11-2018

07-11-2018, 10:24 PMhockeyfan Wrote:
07-11-2018, 10:17 PMml002 Wrote: Bäck is currently on vacation but will be returning Sunday so no worries on him busting. Also snubbed 74th ov selection in Tucker Baloo. smh league over looking us still Armada

god damn who has time to look over every single player. I'm here for three things: double media week. god damn fact checker over here.

No worries just bustin your balls great article dood!

RE: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - hockeyfan - 07-11-2018

07-11-2018, 10:25 PMml002 Wrote:
07-11-2018, 10:24 PMhockeyfan Wrote:

No worries just bustin your balls great article dood!

NO

RE: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - Waters - 07-11-2018

07-11-2018, 10:21 PMgrok Wrote: I'm here for three things: to bust ass, to win cups, and to make every other GM regret passing me for six rounds.
god ur so cute

RE: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - Justice - 07-11-2018

07-11-2018, 10:21 PMgrok Wrote: I'm here for three things: to bust ass, to win cups, and to make every other GM regret passing me for six rounds.
Heart Falcons Falcons Falcons

RE: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - tweedledunn - 07-12-2018

Ilike

RE: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - dizzyDC - 07-12-2018

Kovacs isn't a bust. He's been active every single day on discord, completing all of his tasks, and has been a joy so far. More than happy with the selection.

RE: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - I Am a Coupon - 07-12-2018

07-12-2018, 09:50 AMdizzyDC Wrote: Kovacs isn't a bust. He's been active every single day on discord, completing all of his tasks, and has been a joy so far. More than happy with the selection.

<3

RE: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - hockeyfan - 07-12-2018

Look guys, just an article, and it’s just me reaching for guys who could bust. There’s a reason there is only two. Prove me wrong.

RE: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - dizzyDC - 07-12-2018

07-12-2018, 10:36 AMhockeyfan Wrote: Look guys, just an article, and it’s just me reaching for guys who could bust. There’s a reason there is only two. Prove me wrong.

I get that everyone is trying to get that double $$, but when writing media you also have to be willing to take criticism. It just doesn't seem like there was really a metric used to determine who the "busts" were considering none of these players have hit the ice yet. Can't expect me to not stand up for one of my guys who by all means is active and dedicated in improving his player.

RE: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - hockeyfan - 07-12-2018

07-12-2018, 10:59 AMdizzyDC Wrote:
07-12-2018, 10:36 AMhockeyfan Wrote: Look guys, just an article, and it’s just me reaching for guys who could bust. There’s a reason there is only two. Prove me wrong.

I get that everyone is trying to get that double $$, but when writing media you also have to be willing to take criticism. It just doesn't seem like there was really a metric used to determine who the "busts" were considering none of these players have hit the ice yet. Can't expect me to not stand up for one of my guys who by all means is active and dedicated in improving his player.

I get that everyone likes leaving comments on that sweet double media week moolah but you also have to be willing to take criticism on your criticism. With everything that’s happening in the Middle East you have to be pretty ignorant to think that one of your players won’t end up being a bust just because somebody writes an article about potential busts but hey, I’m not the one running the banana stand dude. That’s on you and I’d rather you not come in to my house and use the nice towels if you know what I mean.

RE: Booms and Busts of the S42 Draft - King - 07-12-2018

If @I Am a Coupon is a bust, we will gladly take everyones busts in Halifax. #kovasformvp