Simulation Hockey League
Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=403)
+---- Thread: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls (/showthread.php?tid=93070)

Pages: 1 2

Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - notorioustig - 02-09-2019

(1090 words, claiming my 2x "just lost in the finals, please give me something to help me cope" bonus)

Detroit, MI
February 8, 2019
Joe Louis Arena
General Manager's Office

First of all, I'd like to congratulate the St. Louis Scarecrows on their championship. It was a great series between two good teams, and there's no shame in losing to a team like that. Well deserved, as much as it hurts for us to get that far and then concede. Well done to Joe, TML, and the players.

I'd like to say a few words of appreciation to our team for what was a far more successful season than I had expected or even hoped for. It started with losing some of our best players to call-ups. We lost seven capped players this way (Tig Murphy, Poopity Scoop, Dank Boija, Ola Wagstrom, Vladimir Vaskov, Tony Pepperoni, and Gvidas Kazlauksas) and another to early retirement just before the S44 playoffs (Pingy Pingu). Needless to say, those are some incredible holes to fill, and wouldn't get any easier from there. We lost a serviceable defenseman in Aaron Rome in the expansion draft, and then had to accommodate a trade request from our best defender, Chuck Crutchfield, on top of it (no ill will towards Crutch at all, he was a champ throughout the process). Then, when we'd finally gotten our roster set for the year and had started into the season, we faced an unexpected recall of our top centreman, who filled a position in which we didn't possess a lot of depth and a playstyle in which we had even less depth. None of this is to make excuses, but it goes without saying that this was a tough way to start coming off a season where we finished in 1st place and lost in Game 7 of the semifinals. It only made what happened next more unlikely and more incredible to be a part of.

I'm incredibly proud of the way the team took it as an opportunity to overcome this adversity. Every week, both top players and rookies worked hard to acquire TPE and give the team a competitive atmosphere internally. We lost some of our rookies to inactivity along the way, but what remains is an incredible group of people and committed teammates. All their hard work contributed to us not only remaining competitive, but finishing with a second straight Laurifier Trophy. Placing first over a 50 game season is an incredible fucking accomplishment and despite it not being the trophy we wanted, it's still something every member of the team should be proud of.

To our rookies, thank you for coming in and stepping up to the plate with big shoes to fill: 

@Gobbles and @CKT, we asked you both to play pretty substantial roles before Eero got called up and then asked even more of you after that. You've been great additions to the locker room and are going to be our anchors at centre ice until whichever teams are lucky enough to draft you in the next week or so decide they need you even more than we do. While CKT had the offensive numbers and is the Rookie of the Year in our minds, Gobbles was asked to play a two-way role against top competition and handled it brilliantly. 

@"Jakub", welcome home. We're glad to have such a worthy successor to Robinson in net, and an even better person in the locker room.

@kit, despite technically being a rookie, you've been a veteran in every other sense of the word. Great in the room, great with our first gen players, and the best Smeb of them all really started bombing along as we got deeper into the season. I'm looking forward to see how much damage you can do offensively in an increased role moving forward.

@Pingy Pingu, noot noot, you beautiful soul.

@Barboustache, we're still thrilled that we were able to get in touch and help you get on an updating routine that worked for you. We look forward to you being a huge part of us having championship-level depth at centre ice, and being a late-round draft steal that great stories are made of.

To our vets:

@Gooney, you're a real one, brother. You had some clutch performances in the playoffs and were an integral part of this team and locker room.

@Thelastheraclid and @JLysohirka, we asked you both to play some challenging minutes and provide us with some solid defensive coverage, and you did that and more. Our defense was tough as nails and you were huge in helping it bend, but never break.

@oskarmeo we're glad we were able to get you back on board, even if it's not super regular. Your player had a great year and we're glad we were able to reunite you with your brother, if only for a season.

@BaseScoutX1 update

And finally, to our last remaining active players from the S43 draft class:

@Fantobens, you've been one of the most fiercely loyal members of this team for four seasons, and not having you on the wing this coming season is going to be hard to get used to. Thanks for all the time, energy, and emotion you've put into this team in that time. You are what it means to be a Detroit Falcon.

@Mayuu, you've been an essential part of our management group and our resident mad scientist with STHS, and Hippo Passamus has been everything we could have asked for from a top player for the Falcons. It's time to take your talents and outrageous amount of TPE to the show. Thank you.

@grok, you've been a rock so far as we've tried to figure out this whole management deal together, and I can't thank you enough for everything you've done. The first time you got to experience a draft as a manager, you ran an entire reddit draft by yourself because I couldn't be there and killed it. You'll still be around, but sadly we are losing the greatest goalie in the history of the SMJHL, Cedric Robinson. You've pulled our asses out of more fires on the ice than we can count, and it will always be a huge part of this team's history.

------

To all of you, this was an incredible season with some incredible moments, followed by one heartbreaking one at the end. Whether your time with the team as a player is done and you'll be watching from afar, or you're gearing up for another shot at it, I promise you - we'll be back. Thank you for being a part of it.

[Image: Skree.gif]

RE: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - grok - 02-09-2019

<3

RE: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - luke - 02-09-2019

Where is pingy bots thank you?

RE: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - Thelastheraclid - 02-09-2019

Skree today. Skree tomorrow. Skree forever!

RE: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - notorioustig - 02-09-2019

02-09-2019, 12:36 AMluketd Wrote: Where is pingy bots thank you?

I thank pingybot every day when I strive to be a better person in his image

RE: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - Flareon - 02-09-2019

02-09-2019, 12:16 AMnotorioustig Wrote: (1090 words, claiming my 2x "just lost in the finals, please give me something to help me cope" bonus)

the pain is fully deserved

RE: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - Gooney - 02-09-2019

I love you Tig man

RE: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - grok - 02-09-2019

02-09-2019, 01:07 AMFlareon4043 Wrote:
02-09-2019, 12:16 AMnotorioustig Wrote: (1090 words, claiming my 2x "just lost in the finals, please give me something to help me cope" bonus)

the pain is fully deserved

it's ok, you will learn the pain of losing in the finals someday.

RE: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - SlashACM - 02-09-2019

y'all earned every W you got. I'll pour out a skree for ya today. Good series bros

RE: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - Good_Ole_Kimmy - 02-09-2019

wow I thought I had the best GM name then Tig pulls out TIggie Smalls

RE: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - Mayuu - 02-09-2019

<3

RE: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - notorioustig - 02-09-2019

02-09-2019, 02:26 AMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: wow I thought I had the best GM name then Tig pulls out TIggie Smalls

Nah man, Kim Jong Fun is GOAT

RE: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - Fantobens - 02-09-2019

Skreeeeeee

RE: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - CKT - 02-09-2019

through my tears of joy I skree

Falcons

RE: Official Statement from Detroit Falcons GM Tiggie Smalls - JLysohirka - 02-09-2019

Cheers