Simulation Hockey League
S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player (/showthread.php?tid=94250)

Pages: 1 2 3

S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - ej27 - 03-03-2019

No matter what your mom tells you, you're not perfect--not in life, or on the ice. Need proof?  Just ask your coach. But what if you could build the perfect player? Sort of like Frankenstein's monster, only with hockey...

Task
Combine the assets of different players around the SMJHL to create the ultimate hockey player. Who would you choose for each attribute and why?

You must include at least three of the following to get credit:
Hands: passing/puck handling
Heart: team spirit/enthusiasm/leadership
Grit: hits/shots blocked
Shot: goals/shot%
Endurance: minutes played

You may submit this in written or graphic form. Written must be at least 150 words, graphic must include a render.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S46 SMJHL Rookies (S47 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday March 10th @10am CST

Welfare claims from PBE and NSFL, comment with a link to the corresponding PT to receive credit.

RE: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - CampinKiller - 03-03-2019

Claiming PT (Simmer)

RE: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - vbottas17 - 03-03-2019

Hands: Monkey D. Luffy. Luffy has helped the Lions immensely this season, leading the team in scoring and helping the Lions remain in the playoff race. Luffy is a natural goal scorer, but has focused on setting up his teammates this season. Luffy can stick-handle around pretty much anybody in the SMJHL and it's only a matter of time before the #4 overall pick by the Buffalo Stampede is lighting up the big leagues.

Heart: Troy Reynolds. This man is constantly making noise in the media and it's obvious that he is proud of his team and enjoys being a part of the Raiders. Troy is the type of player that will get under his opponents skin but his teammates will love having in their own team. Reynolds could be a future leader for the Toronto North Stars.

Shot: Hiro Fujikawa. While he may not be leading the league in scoring I couldn't think of a player I rather have in the ice when looking for a clutch goal. Hiro is a natural goal scorer and knows how to pick the corner. Hiro has the talent to one day be the face of the newly founded Japanese national team. The Panthers can't wait to add the dynamic wing to the SHL roster.

RE: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - awils13 - 03-03-2019

Hands: Barry Batsbak (KEL)
The best passing (80) + puck handling (75) build in the league. It hasn't shown on the scoresheet yet as he only has 4 assists but that's only a matter of time.

Heart: Jax Duggan (VAN)
In addition to playing extremely well for the Whalers, Duggan is a great locker room presence, very enthusiastic and ignites the team by trash talking everyone else.

Grit: Andrej Doskocil (HAL)
The only player who's top 3 in both hits (31, tied for 2nd) and blocks (17, 2nd).

Shot: Nicolas Fleming (STL)
Goal scoring is a combination of shot volume and good accuracy. Fleming has 2nd most shots in the league (49) and his sht% is 16.33 which is good and sustainable. Consequently, he's tied for the league lead in goals with 8.

Endurance: Borromini Cannellini (VAN)
Cannellini is the league leader in ice time among forwards (22.65). Even strength scoring, power play, penalty kill. He's doing it all for the Whalers. One of the main reasons for their early season success.

RE: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - Gray - 03-04-2019

Grit: Andrej Doskocil (HAL)
Probably the only player with a chance to finish atop the hits and shots blocked categories. With 31 hits and 17 shots blocked in just 11 games played, Andrej is currently top 5 in both categories and only behind by 2 hits and 4 shots blocked. I don't think you'll find someone with more grit in any league.

Shot: Andreas Kvalheim (MTL)
With 8 goals so far Andreas is tied for first in the scoring race. Andreas currently has a shooting percentage of just over 27%, while this is high, 11 games played is a fairly large sample size and goes to show just how precise he can be with his shots.

Endurance: Cassius Darrow (COL)
Having played the most minutes in the league Cassius is the obvious choice. Cassius does everything for his team, playing major minutes on both the powerplay and the penalty kill he is a shinning example of great endurance - never getting a break and always ready to get out there for his next shift.

RE: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - Julio Tokolosh - 03-04-2019

[Image: Qyadrxv.png]

RE: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - sköldpaddor - 03-04-2019

Hands: Joseph Laraque (HAL)
Joey has been lighting it up so far this season and I kind of expected he would because I got to play with him in the prospect showcase a few weeks back. I think he has most points (10) out of all the rookies right now, and seven of them are assists, which is pretty great.

Heart: Vadim Malichov (KEL) 
I'm not just saying this because he's my liney or because he's my roommate, I promise, it's because he's the kind of guy you know will always have your back. I'm not a fighter, but I always know if somebody messes with me, he's going to be right there ready to shake them down. I think every team should have a guy like that, somebody who will be right there the second somebody starts causing trouble - maybe not to drop the gloves right away but to let them know that they have to answer to somebody if they get out of hand. 

Grit: Jax Duggan (VAN) 
I know I'm probably playing favourites with rookies but hey, I know them better, right? And I'm building a player for the future here. He's got 24 hits in 11 games which is kind of insane, but he's also got seven assists in those games, so he's getting the job done.

Shot: Aleksandr Scherbak (KEL)
I feel like it's really early in the season to make a call on this, and there are so many young guys who are still finding their rhythm, so I'm basing this off of what I've seen in practice instead. He's not on my line, but I've watched him shoot and he has an absolute laser of a wrister. I think if I was on his line, getting him the puck would be my strategy 90% of the time.

RE: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - SecondSucks22 - 03-04-2019

Hands: Joe Laraque, dude has been tearing up the rookie scene and making nothing short of a name for himself with already 10 points in the sim, thats almost a point per game in his rookie season. His scoring TPE isnt even THAT high compared to other players, hes just constantly finding a way to make the puck end up in the back of the net, and if that isnt something to be desired by other rookies I dont know what is, and in the case of Wibbly, I dont WANT to know whats being desired

Heart: Gunnar Soderberg, probably the nicest rookie of the bunch. Literally everyone gets along with Soderberg with no problem what so ever, people have even bonded through beef when talking to Gunnar (about puppies no less)

Grit: Joe Ackroyd, one of the top rookies when it comes to shots blocked sitting at 15 overall blocked! That actually puts him in first for all rookies, yea his hitting leaves something to be desired but dude is +6 with only a single point, hes making Casmiri’s life so easy the dude is practically in net when hes on the ice.

RE: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - SDCore - 03-04-2019

Hands: Mathias Seger (ANA) - This is biased, being kind of a mentor and my current D pair, but this guy is on a tear as of late. 11 assists on the back end. With 6 assists in his last 3 games, Seger is looking to make a run. Already one of the top assist men from the point and good enough for top 5 in Defensive scoring.

Shot: Andreas Kvalheim (MTL) - 8 goals with 8 assists and a 25.00% shooting percentage. If he continues scoring at this pace his season is going to end up being something special. I'd love to have his ability to put pucks in the net at that rate.

Grit: Leopold Lockhart (ANC) - He is defining grit. The leader in shots blocked and also a Top 20 in Hits. Strong body willing to put himself out there for his team. These are qualities and up and coming defensive player, like myself would want.

Heart: Troy Reynolds (HAL) - Ok, I know I'm going to regret giving this guy props, but wow does he love his city and his team. Willing to put it all out there for Halifax is something that has to at least be commended.

RE: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - Randominoe - 03-04-2019

Hands: Mr. Faceoffs (HAL)
In his maxed SMJHL Build, Faceoffs has delegated 75 attribute points into passing and 70 to puck handling which has allowed him to excel as a top-6 playmaking center for the Raiders this season. He has 2 goals and 9 assists so far this season while playing on a line with rookie sensation Joseph Laraque and 3rd-year sniper Tobias Viklund and their production as a line has leap-frogged Halifax into first after 13 Games Played.

Heart: Lunga Gumba (DET)
Pingy is in his second season in the SMJHL and is a very vocal presence in the locker room and on the ice. Many people have no clue what he is saying but all that matters is that his teammates understand the intentions behind his gibberish and his desire to win each and every game. He was elected as an alternate captain in just his sophomore season so it is clear that the Falcons look at Lunga to lead them on and off the ice.

Grit: Jay Boom’Boom (LBL)
Despite being a rookie, Jay has built a tough enforcer defensemen who isn’t afraid to throw the body or answer the bell. With only 181 TPE to his name, many of them have gone towards his 70 checking and 62 fighting. These attributes have contributed to his 32 PIM, 26 Hits and 13 Blocked Shots. Not only that, but Jay has fought twice in his 13 game SMJHL career and has won both of them with his fiery fists.

RE: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - MiniMan561 - 03-04-2019

Ah yes, my experience in black magic will come in handy when creating this frankenplayer. Unfortunately, I feel like I am at a disadvantage since I am not familiar with the rest of the SMJHL. For hands, I will go with myself. After all, who else in the SMJHL can make an incision on the neck on a body without slicing open a vein? Only me. For the heart, I think the pretty obvious choice is Jax Duggan. That man is always so positive and always looking on the bright side of life. Even when we lose. Now for grit, I think Leopold Lockhart is the best choice. I mean he does lead the league in blocked shots. Shots to goal percentage is an interesting category. After all, to score more goals you have to take more shots, thus driving your percentage down. So I guess I will go with me. 50% goal percentage baby.

RE: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - Carpy48 - 03-04-2019

Things change a lot during the season and all my choices are based on their stats right now.

Hands: In this category I pick Borromini Cannellini, the number one center of the Vancouver Whalers. Both his puck handling (75) and passing (70) points are fairly decent to start with. At this point he's leading his team not only in scoring with 7 goals and 9 assists, but also shoots far more than anyone else in the entire league with 60 shots. While Borromini doesn't have the highest shooting percentage, he's a very skilled offensive player overall that anyone would like to have on their team.

Shot: With 8 goals on 32 shots Andreas Kvalheim of the Montreal Militia has a very a respectable shooting percentage of – yes, you guessed it – 25%. Every fourth shot is a goal, imagine that! Two of the goals even came on the power play. It's still early and nobody expects anyone to keep this up, but with 78 scoring points, this is no certainly no fluke.

Grit: I currently see Jay Boom'Boom as a pretty good example of a player in this category (not only because he's on my team, the Lethbridge Lions). Just imagine Zdeno Chara and add some more height and weight. It's scary. This rookie goes around hitting (26) and blocking shots (13) like crazy and obviously spends a fair amount of time in the box (32 PIM so far). We wouldn't mind a little more offense, but 3 assists are better than nothing.

RE: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - Steelhead77 - 03-04-2019

Lots of great players in the SMJHL to choose from, many with a special set of skills that I would be lucky to emulate in my junior career. Obviously my teammates on Halifax are all incredible players and I'd be happy to play like any of them, but we pulled a few from other teams to build the ultimate player.

Hands: Barry Batsbak - Passing: 80. Puck Handling: 75. Batsbak on Kelowna has a great set of hands, he's a playmaking center with elite skill, he has one of the highest combinations of passing and puck handling in the J and is also a Dragons prospect.
Heart: Maxime Bouchard - This guy is the straw that stirs the drink for Anchorage, great work ethic and leadership on and off the ice. He should probably be playing some more minutes so he can flash his skill a bit more but he'll lead anyway he needs to. Also a Dragons draft pick.
Grit: Bernik Vrzala on Vancouver has a nice mix of hits and shot blocks. He's a defensive defenseman who is hard to play against, lots of grit and determination, that's my kind of player. Another Dragons draft pick.

RE: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - bbjygm - 03-04-2019

Based on SMJHL players and their current stats, here's my McShotty's monster:

Hands: Leopold Lockhart. Mr. Lockhart is tied for first for assists overall, giving him a great set of hands that you can trust to get a pass to you. To top that off, he has 24 shots blocked in 13 games played. Lockhart's hands can be trusted to be in the right place at the right time, offensively or defensively.

Grit: Andrej Doskocil. Andrej is not only third in hits overall with 34 in 13 games played, but he also has 19 shots blocked. This guy is a defensive stud. He also has a 0% shooting average and 20 hits taken.
It takes quite some grit of character to play almost 20 minutes average a game while not scoring at all and taking over a hit a game, and he does all that while getting out there and dishing out his own punishment.

Shot: Andreas Kvalheim. With 32 shots taken, it's true he's not the most frequent shooter around. However, he is one of the most accurate. Out of the 4 skaters tied for first in goals, he has the least amount of shots missed and by far the least amount of shots blocked, making him a nightmare for goalies when his team's defense inevitably fails to stop the shot on goal.

Endurance: Cassius Darrow. Cassius has the highest minutes played of anyone in the league, and third highest penalty-kill minutes in the league. It takes a high endurance player to play as long as he does, but even even more durable player to play so many minutes in high-stress, defensive situations.

RE: S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player - hotdog - 03-04-2019

Creating a "perfect player" by assembling "perfect" component parts doesn't always work (for example, see the 2004 US Men's Olympic Basketball Team).

But anyway,

Hands: Leopold Lockhart.
My Aramada teammate has been dishing out an armadaload of assists from the blue line this year and you can't argue with success. 

Heart: Peter Larson
Again playing the homer card here but it's essential to have a goalie who can be counted on at all times, and Larson is that. 

Grit: Pierre Laroche-Durocher
6th in the league in hits right now and one of the best checkers around. A key component of grit is to lack flash in the box score, and with 3 points in 13 games, Pierre's got that part down as well. Grinding it out behind the scenes

Shot: Mason Hudson
It's hard to overlook the lone hat trick in the league thus far and Mason is its proprietor. He also finds himself 2nd in the league with a 25% shooting percentage, which will absolutely certainly not regress for sure.

Endurance: Johnny Sins
I mean, have you seen his work?