Create Account

Thicc Cheezy SHL Draft Reaction

Thicc Cheezy was incredibly nervous heading into the SHL draft this year. The 6ft 1 215 playmaker came into the SMJHL last year with an ego as big as Texas, without the pure skill to back it up. Thicc legitimately thought that he was going to be in the top 10 of rookie scoring to finish off the year after finishing the exhibition season strong; however, it didn't take long for reality to set in. It took quite awhile for Cheezy to get his first point in the league. Now usually when you get a player like Cheezy who is incredibly arrogant who has also had nothing but success in their hockey career you will see them crumble in the face of adversity. There were certainly times this year where the frustration was evident;however, he stuck to the plan of training and leaning on veterans in the room to keep him on track. As the year progressed Cheezy was able to show he belonged and that was rewarded with a bump up in the lineup.

Now 16 points in 50 games does not scream "1st round Pick", and Cheezy was very aware of that: "My season was definitely not what I wanted it to be, and I was just hoping to go in the first two rounds. I'm not sure I could take the embarrassment of being a third round pick." Cheezys family huddled around the TV on draft day waiting for his name to be called, an unfortunate incident the night before left Cheezy without a phone to let his parents know where he was going "I didn't know who I was getting drafted to until about half an hour before the draft, and a few of us young draftees went out the night before and I lost my phone so I wasn't able to call my parents and tell them the good news". "It was very nerve wracking watching the draft with no idea when our little cheezypie's name was going to be called-"says Thiccs mom in a phone interview "-I think I almost hit the roof with excitement when Minnesota called his name!"

As for how Cheezy feels about his new SHL team? "It was an honour to be drafted by Minnesota, I'm incredibly excited to play for the city in couple of seasons. But to be honest right now my focus is on getting back into the gym and training to be the best player I can be. I've had an opportunity to practice with the team a few times and it's pretty evident to me that I have a few things I need to work on before I'll be able to make the jump and be an effective player at that level" As for Thiccs famous ego, he made it very clear that hasn't gone away "But make no mistake, when I make the jump you WILL know my name, and you'll see the stands full of Cheezy jerseys. That's a promise"

Only time will tell if Thicc Cheezy is all bark and no bite - but the future looks promising for the young star.

520 Words

[Image: img]

Chiefs Glad to have drafted you to Minny!

[Image: lebbish.gif]

It’s not about how you start, it’s about how you finish Wink

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]