Create Account

A Look Back At Daddy Mack
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2020, 12:26 AM by Mack.)

2x Draft Media May 4th-10th: SHL Legends - Articles about past drafts, past awards winners and past players.

[Image: uK1xhvJ.png]

A Look Back At Daddy Mack

With the media double pay bonus going on I thought it would be a great time to write about my old SMJHL player Daddy Mack. My new player is named Mack Daddy and I hope I can bring the success Daddy Mack had to whatever team I end up on this time.

Daddy Mack won three straight Four Star Cups with the mighty Kelowna Knights in S40,41,42. Many people won't want to read this and I don't blame them. But money.

[Image: aqXJtsT.png]

It all started back prior to the S39 SMJHL Draft in January 2018. I made Daddy Mack (a winger) and was very active prior to the draft and hoping to be drafted high. I remember that time well and it was a lot of fun talking to a few different teams leading up to the draft. I remember thinking there was a pretty solid chance I was going to be picked number 3 overall. The Halifax Raiders had both the number 2 and 3 pick. The GM and I were in a lot of talks back and forth and he was good to talk to. He never said for sure he would take me as far as I remember but it did seem like there was a good chance. After that I had spoke with the Kelowna Knights many times as well. They picked number 4 overall and it seemed like they would take me if Halifax did not.

The number 1 overall pick at the time was pretty locked up. Most people knew that Florence Clijsters was going to the Colorado Mammoths. Draft day came and yep Flo went number 1! Halifax was up next and they picked Conor McGregor and Ensio Kalju. So I didn't go where I originally thought I was most likely to go but number 4 was up to pick and the Kelowna Knights selected me! Daddy Mack was 4th overall! I was really pumped because my player prior to this missed the SMJHL draft and I wanted to end up on a good team and have a fun draft experience. It all worked out great. The Knights did amazing that draft. They pickedf Michael O'Dowd my Center at 15 overall and then a draft steal with a great player James Dekens 40th overall!

I played 4 season in the SMJHL with the Knights from S39-42 here are some of the regular season stats:
[Image: 91olDL4.png]

Daddy Mack found a lot of success on when he was slotted in on the point for the Power Play. It didn't always work out for me to play there but when I did it went very well. I had a lot of shots in my career and this is one of the reasons why. My final season in the regular season it looks like we couldn't get the PP going well but in the Playoffs we made up for it.
We had some great teams and great management in Kelowna who know how to make lines well and had to fit in many good players. The S41 goal total of 29 is the 4th highest in Kelowna Knights history. We didn't we the cup my rookie season in S39 but we did in my final 3 years.
nour and Thunder39 were the management of all three cup wins. samee was also around and active helping them out. They were really enjoying their time in the SHL back then and they rocked it. Congrats and thank you to them really.

Best Single Game:

We were playing the Anchorage Armada and they went up 1-0 in the 1st period. I scored to tie the game 1-1 on the PP. We would then go on to score 6 more for 7 straight goals to win the game 7-1. On all 7 straight goals Daddy Mack had a point. 2 goals and 5 assists was fun to see when I checked the sim that day. I do remember laughing and that is the type of game that will put a smile on your face. Here is an obnoxious graphic I made to show off that game.

[Image: wpTtXC0.png]

Best Playoffs:
Unfortunately I can't pull the old index's for S39-42 as the links are dead. I know in my final season S42 in the playoffs I lead the league in points and I won the the Ronan O'Keefe Trophy for that as well as the Brodie Witzel Trophy for Playoff MVP. This was the first time a team had won three straight championships but that didn't last long. Still it was special and it was cool checking the sims and seeing my player having an active part in it. (Although I was not very active myself after maxing TPE) The SMJHL has really given me my best memories and I know this time will be no different as wherever I go I will have a good experience in the current SMJHL.

I am thankful Bojobox is around and I can watch my new players numbers and try and compete against his ancestor Daddy Mack as I go forward with this next chapter.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Buffalo legend

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]