Create Account

S54 Finland IIHF Roster Announcement
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 03:25 PM by Rindiee.)

[Image: 1200px-Finland_national_ice_hockey_team_logo.svg.png]
Hei and welcome to the official S54 Finland IIHF Roster announcement. It is my pleasure to be here today breaking down what Finland will have to offer throughout the tournament.
Before we get into the roster announcement allow me to show you the barn in which Finland will be calling home for this tournament.

Home Arena: Tampereen Keskusareena
[Image: TMRW.Libeskind.Tampere.AerialSide-1024x683.jpg]

Now the part you've all been waiting for... your S54 FINLANDIA WINLANDIAS

Donning the "C" for Finland in Season 54 is Poopity Scoop - Defenseman, Buffalo Stampede. Scoop is the prime example of a leader on and off the ice. After a fantastic regular season run with the Buffalo Stampede, Scoop & Co. will be looking to translate that success from league play right to the international scene. It's hard to think of a better player who has a unique combination of both on-ice skill and leadership to be leading the Finnish lads. Moving on to our first of two Alternate captains is Jax Aittokallio - Centre, Manhattan Rage. Like Scoop, Aittokallio provides a phenomenal skillset on the ice, as proven during his S52 Challenge Cup victory with Manhattan. Combine these accolades and skillset with his ability to lead and motivate his teammates, and you can clearly see why he was given the honor of alternate captain for the tournament. Our final alternate captain for the S54 IIHF tournament is Björn Leppänen - Defenseman, Texas Renegades. Although still young, Leppänen has made his presence known as a leader right from the get go. I've had the honor of sharing a locker room with him in Texas, and there is no doubt he is deserving of this role. I look forward to see the continued progress Leppänen makes as a player as well as a leader.

Now that we have that out of the way, it is with pleasure I present to you the full Finland lineup for Season 54.

Line 1
C: Jax Aittokalio - No surprises here. Alternate captain of the team and first line centre... must I say more?
LW: Nathan Explosion - At 1LW we have Nathan Explosion who is a big bruising power forward for the San Francisco Pride. Although you won't see Explosion light the lamp on a nightly basis, you will still feel his presence on the ice, standing at 6'4 and laying the thunder on anyone who stands in his way.
RW: Josef Kubinec - Unlike Explosion, Josef Kubinec prides himself on stuffing the stat sheet. After a season with the Texas Renegades in which he averaged just over 1 point per game, he'll be looking to bring that level of success to the international level.

Line 2
C: Michael Fitted - Manning the dot for line 2 is Michael Fitted. There is no doubt after a disappointing season with the Tampa Bay Barracuda that Fitted wants to show what he is capable of when put in the right scenario. I have no doubt that when put in the right situation with Finland, Fitted is going to explode onto the scene.
LW: Kaarlo Kekkonen- After a somewhat lackluster rookie season with the Texas Renegades, SMJHL standout, and Four Star Cup Champion Kekkonen is here to prove he belongs with the big boys of the SHL. There's no better way to do that then to get after it in international play immediately.
RW: Eero Niemi - Rounding out our 2nd line we have Eero Niemi. Although Niemi is currently a Free Agent, he still plays a vital role for team Finland as 2nd line right wing. With his time at this position starting to run out, there is no doubt he'll have a lot to prove in this tournament to show he still belongs.

Line 3
C:Santtu Räsänen - Running the dot for Line 3 is Santtu Räsänen, a young gun from the Anchorage Armada and currently a Manhattan Rage prospect. Räsänen is the first player on the Finland roster who is yet to have any playtime in the SHL, with that being the case there is no doubt he has a lot to prove to both his teammates, and opponents who will be standing in his way this tournament.
LW: Kalevi Karhunen- It is at 3LW where things start to get interesting. For those who are familiar with Karhunen, you would know that he is a defenseman for the Toronto North Stars. However, for Team Finland he will be slotted in at left wing. There is no doubt eyes will be on Kalevi to see how he performs at a position that is not necessarily natural for him.
RW: Willie Fisterbottom- Running 3rd line right wing is Willie Fisterbottom. Like, Karhunen, Fisterbottom is a defenseman in the SHL for the Edmonton Blizzard. Again, because this position is not natural for Fisterbottom I look forward to seeing how he performs in this transition.

Line 4
C:Jaska Seppälä - At 4C we have Jaska Seppälä, similarly to Santtu Räsänen, Seppälä has yet to see service time in the SHL. However, Jaska has been a consistent top performer for the Kelowna Knights in the SMJHL, and I expect him to excel when tested against top talent in international play. Do NOT sleep on this Buffalo Stampede prospect.
LW:Zoltan Topalo ®- On this 4th line you'll notice a common theme of young guns. Zoltan Topalo does not change this theme, as a matter of fact this will be his debut in IIHF for Team Finland! Topalo, who is a Four Star Cup Champion with the Detroit Falcons will be looking to translate that success to the next level, and we all look forward to seeing what he will do throughout the tournament.
RW: SLATT Potts- Rounding out the forwards for Finland during this tournament is SLATT Potts. As far as I'm aware, he's some shitter who got this nod due to Finland management feeing bad, but I can't confirm or deny this. Jokes aside, Potts rounds out the "young gun" line as another player who has yet to play in the SHL. However, IIHF will be his first look at what awaits him in the SHL after finishing up his last season in the SMJHL with the Newfoundland Berserkers. We look forward to seeing what the Texas Renegade young gun will add to the 4th line.

Defensive Pairing 1
D: Poopity Scoop - Once again, no surprise here to see Poopity Scoop at 1D. As Captain of WINLANDIA, it only makes sense he anchors the 1st pairing.
D:Ensio Kalju - To the right of Scoop we have Ensio Kalju. Although currently a free agent, there's no doubt this study veteran will want to prove he still has what it takes to be a top end defenseman. Being apart of the first pairing is the perfect way of proving he can do just that.

Defensive Pairing 2
D: Björn Leppänen- Anchoring Finlands 2nd defensive pairing is alternate captain Björn Leppänen, again no surprise to see this young gun here as he continues to prove he belongs with the best, regardless of age and experience.
D: Jules Watt - Continuing the theme of stout defenseman is Chicago Syndicate standout Jules Watt. After an impressive defensive regular season performance Watt looks to bring much of the same to the international stage and it looks as if nobody will be stopping him from doing so.

Defensive Pairing 3
D: Jukka Timonen - Kicking off our 3rd D pairing is another young beauty in Jukka Timonen. I have been lucky enough to share a locker room in Newfoundland with Jukka since Season 52 so I'd like to think I can give a pretty accurate description of him. Timonen has proven time and time again that he is a great leader on and off the ice.  Timonen is also a constant top performer on the ice, I expect much of the same as he is being called up to the Manhattan Rage following the conclusion of the IIHF. I repeat, do not sleep on these young Finnish beauties.
D:Bradley Barkov - Rounding out the Finnish defense is another member of the S53 draft class in Bradley Barkov. Like many other members of this roster, Barkov has yet to play in the SHL, however he has made his presence felt playing with the Colorado Raptors in the SMJHL. Again, I expect much of the same from him in this tournament, to prove he belongs.

Goalies
G: Harry Carpet - Starting between the pipes for Finland is Toronto North Stars goaltender, Harry Carpet. Although many would say Carpet is being held back by being apart of the North Stars, there is absolutely no doubt that he is still one of the top goaltenders in the world. Carpet possesses the best SV% among starting goaltenders in the SHL. With that being the case I know personally I can't wait to see what he will be able to do throughout this tournament.
G: White Goodman - Backing up Carpet between the pipes is White Goodman. After an impressive season in the SHL, Goodman will be looking to translate that success for Team Finland. Along the way he'll be able to strengthen his goaltending, while training with Harry Carpet.

Extra information
Drop: Tatu Mäkelä, Miika Salo
Add: Kalevi Karhunen, Zoltan Topalo

® = rookie

Thank you for reading and GO WINLANDIA! Finland

(1700 words)

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Finland

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

07-10-2020, 03:21 PMRangerjase Wrote: Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

Finland Torilla Tavataan Finland

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 04:06 PM by Jearim.)

These folks actually think I train with Carpet!!! Lol. They should know by now I just drink his beer  Laughing

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

Carpet is top shl goalie no doubt

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

WINLAND

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Finland Lets do this thing!
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2020, 04:31 AM by Carpy48.)

Finland

07-10-2020, 04:06 PMJearim Wrote: These folks actually think I train with Carpet!!! Lol. They should know by now I just drink his beer  Laughing

Who says that's not training?

07-10-2020, 04:39 PMSlashACM Wrote: Carpet is top shl goalie no doubt

Waiting for your retirement, then probably.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

07-10-2020, 03:24 PMSmalinowski7 Wrote:
07-10-2020, 03:21 PMRangerjase Wrote: Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland Finland

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Towel HYVÄÄ SUOMI Towel

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

07-11-2020, 05:27 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Towel HYVÄÄ SUOMI Towel
good job

[Image: minadsslatt.png]