Create Account

Free Agency Update - Taking Questions

Less than 24 hours into free agency Brady McIntyre's agent has been contacted by the following teams:

- Atlanta Inferno
- Buffalo Stampede
- Hamilton Steelhawks
- New Orleans Specters

To start with: "Wow."

This is not going to be an easy decision. We'll go alphabetically.

Atlanta Inferno
Newly appointed GM @hotdog came to Brady following the draft with a proposal to be a part of something totally new. A team without a history of winning or losing, a team without any reputation whatsoever. It's an interesting proposition, to be told that you can be the first partake in a bit of history. What do we like about this?

1.) An open offer. How long and how much? Well that's pretty easy but to be asked that makes you feel pretty good. 1 year at minimum, money doesn't mean much to me and I want to see how things shake out.
2.) @Blastmeaway. My main man, my brother from another mother. I watched the expansion draft for one reason, to see if and when DeMaricus Smyth was taken. Good move Atlanta, you got a gem.
3.) It's a new team. Like I said, being a part of something new is definitely alluring. Who knows how well the team will play. The acquisition of Guy Zheng certainly helps.

Buffalo Stampede
@"Jfisherr" and @WannabeFinn spoke with Brady for a bit following the opening of the free agent period. This is a bit shocking. A team coming off of a Challenge Cup victory is looking to sign a regressing defense with only a few seasons left? That's quite the vote of confidence, especially considering all of the assets the team has been able to accumulate. Here are the positives I see.

1.) A great management group. At this point if you think there's a better GM/coGM duo you're just lying to yourself and everyone else. The trades Tomen and Finn have been able to swing more often than not make the other GMs just look silly.
2.) A cup winning team. If I want to win more than anything then I think it'd be pretty silly go anywhere else.
3.) Lime, Evok, Fish, Tomen, Baelor, Finn, Obsidian, Kalakar. Lots of familiar names here, lots of people that I want to be on an SHL team with some day.

Hamilton Steelhawks
@nour and @Hallsy spoke with Brady recently. Hamilton has been an interesting team in the past to say the least, but I think we can all agree that the smoke has settled and now they're back to being what they've been since my first day on the SHL: a tight knit group of pals who revel in their victories and their losses alike. If you're just looking for a good time I think this is a team you want to be a part of. The positives I see here are:

1.) They all suck at Among Us so I'll pad that K/D ratio playing against them.
2.) @nour is hot.
3.) Being on a team with @DrunkenTeddy is on my SHL bucket list.
4.) Hamilton always finds a way to compete as of late

New Orleans Specters
It actually wasn't until about an hour ago that @JKortesi81 slid into my DMs. The other team to make the finals. Is there some hidden leadership attribute that increases with time that I don't know about. It's extremely flattering to see these top talent teams asking for Brady to play for them. The positives of this team to me are:

1.) Really good team. Hard to discount any team that has a 2000 TPE player on their team. You have to wonder how much of an effect dropping Aleister Cain will have on their performance though.
2.) Joe K as the GM. He was my GM in STL, that connection is strong regardless of how long ago it was.

This is going to be tough. I will be announcing my decision tonight. Taking any and all questions now!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Poop

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

09-13-2020, 04:34 PMSlashACM Wrote: Poop

Yes, currently.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

hi

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

09-13-2020, 04:49 PMZombiewolf Wrote: hi

[Image: 680652437220360212.gif]

1. What's most important to Brady?
2. How do you want his career to end up now after having the falling out in Edmonton?
3. How many more years do you think you have left?

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Stampede

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

09-13-2020, 04:56 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: 1. What's most important to Brady?
2. How do you want his career to end up now after having the falling out in Edmonton?
3. How many more years do you think you have left?

1.) Friendship
2.) Honestly he's a bit adrift right now. For 3 real like years I planned on retiring in Edmonton and now we're here. Planning on signing a 1 season contract and seeing what happens after that.
3.) Planning to retire in S60 with Smyth. Blood pact bois.

09-13-2020, 04:57 PMTomen Wrote: Stampede
Czechia

09-13-2020, 04:59 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-13-2020, 04:57 PMTomen Wrote: Stampede
Czechia
hopefully we can have an epic game again like 2 seasons ago in the round robin

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

how excited are you to come to hammy movie nights

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

09-13-2020, 05:26 PMnour Wrote: how excited are you to come to hammy movie nights

[Image: download-3-23.jpg]

Interview who are you signing with?

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

09-13-2020, 08:56 PMhotdog Wrote: Interview who are you signing with?

Atlanta