Create Account

S59 RD AJ Tirrell's Story

AJ Tirrell was selected 44th overall in the 4th round by the Anaheim  Outlaws . Tirrell was relatively unknown until right before the draft. He most likely would've gone undrafted if it wasn't for him putting in countless hours at a local rink where a seasoned SMJHL scout noticed his work ethic and offensive upside while playing against much older competition in pick up games. Word soon got out about the young defenseman with potential upside and Tirrell went from being predicted undrafted to a fourth round pick by the Outlaws . When asked post draft in an interview about how it felt Tirrell said "I feel on top of the world right now. All my hours finally paid off. But I've got to stay humble, this is only the beginning." Tirrell had quite an unconventional route to being drafted which puts question on Anaheim's management, what did they see in this young prospect? Did they see something in AJ that no one else did. Only time will but it is clear AJ is motivated to prove anyone who doubted him wrong. Just like Tirrell the pick used to select him had quite the journey. The 44th overall pick was traded a total of five times being in possession of four different teams. The young defenseman looks forward to meeting his new teammates and hopefully making an impact on the franchise that took a chance on him. 

(239 words)

[Image: mikelis.jpg?ex=660c1ce5&is=65f9a7e5&hm=c...4a38cd630&]

Outlaws

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Outlaws Outlaws

Happy to have you, steal at #44

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart