Create Account

Prince George Firebirds Unveil S6 Awards And New Retired Jersey Banners!

Prince George, BC -- "Today we, The Prince George Firebirds, would like to unveil 5 new awards that we will be awarding every year. Each winning will receive 1 million dollars from the budget.

Without further ado, we would like present, Season 6's award winners!

[Image: trophy_hartlg.jpg]

Hanson Award - Team MVP

Winner - Tobias Funke

Tobias Funke lead the league in points this season. Night after night he consistantly wavered around the top three in points leading the teams charge at #1 in the league. In his final 3 games he turned up the scoring and wound up atop the league in points. The league leading point scorer was drafted 8th overall by the Dragons. Congratulations Tobias Funke!

[Image: conn-smythe-trophy.jpg]

Shepard Award - Playoff MVP

Winner - Frank Jiao

Jiao carried the Birds through the playoffs kicking it into high gear. After being traded from the Whalers to the Firebirds Jiao turned on the jets putting up great numbers that he never got with the Whalers. During the playoffs Jiao was a PPG players putting up points on a nightly bases. He was drafted in the second round by the Calgary Dragons in the S7 Draft. Congratulations Frank Jiao!

[Image: trophy_norrislg.jpg]

Crasher Award - Top Defensive Player

Winner - Julien Dupont

Julien Dupont was a defensive rock this year. On a team with two very good defenders (And one who... Was sort of a bitch, Chris R) it was tough choosing between Julien Dupont and Gene Parmesan. However in the end it came down to Dupont who was with the team for longer than Parmesan. Dupont was drafted by the Comets in the second round of the S7 SHL draft. Congrats Julien Dupont.

[Image: trophy_richardlg.jpg]

Holmes Award - Top Offensive Player

Winner Tobias Funke

I went into Tobias Funke earlier, in the MVP section and the reason he won that award is the same reason he won this one. Because of his point totals. Funke played great his entire season and he is one reason the Firebirds did so well. Congratulations, again, Tobias Funke!

[Image: bill_masterton.jpg]

Honcho Award - Team's Unsung Hero

Winner - David Winter

David Winter flew under the radar for most of the season, playing hard and doing his job. Funke's job was to score goals, Winter's job was to head into the dirty area's for Funke. And he did just that. While Funke was getting praised for his ability on the ice, Winter was being a leader on AND off the ice. He was drafted 3rd overall by the Minnesota Chiefs in the S7 SHL Draft, so obviously one team saw his contributions. Congratulations David Winter.

That does it for S6 Trophies! Each player will receive 1 million dollars out of the teams budget (Handled by Fisher). Congratulations to all.

Now We also have two banners to unveil. For two players who contributed so much to the Prince George Firebirds. Their numbers were unofficially retired a little while ago, but now their jersey's will hang in the rafters of this respected franchise. These two players are...

[Image: 2r5421d.png]

JACK CRASHER!

[Image: a1o4lg.png]

BRANDON HOLMES!

Both jersey's will be retired into the rafters in Prince George as both of these players/GM's have done so much for the franchise. I couldn't imagine two better people to get this honor. Congratulations

Banners made by Parise9

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Why other big news overshadow MY big news Crybaby

Wow, nice to see Winter winning one! Smile

And congrats to Crasher and Holmes! For me personally i love seeing Crasher's number being retired, he was an awesome GM and role model throughout my junior experience Smile

Quote:Originally posted by WiTzzEL@Jan 1 2012, 06:06 PM
Wow, nice to see Winter winning one! Smile

And congrats to Crasher and Holmes!  For me personally i love seeing Crasher's number being retired, he was an awesome GM and role model throughout my junior experience Smile
agreed! i love crasher

congrats everyone!

i wonder if i will be eligible for one of these banners someday Tongue

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Good write up JP. Congratz to all the winners and all the Firebirds whio played for us.

Congratz to all you guys Smile!

And there even was one in for me, woohoo! All those "underrated player", "unsung hero" etc. Awards really seem to be my thing, now it's time to get one for actually being one of the team's best players :D

Oh and btw, there is a little mistake in my award-text, JP... Can you find it Tongue?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Good Job guys! We had a great team this year and I wish all of you well in the SHL.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 1 2012, 02:18 PM
Congratz to all you guys Smile!

And there even was one in for me, woohoo! All those "underrated player", "unsung hero" etc. Awards really seem to be my thing, now it's time to get one for actually being one of the team's best players :D

Oh and btw, there is a little mistake in my award-text, JP... Can you find it Tongue?

Took me forever but I found it :lol: