Create Account

[BHN] Hagan Discusses Warmup Incident

ANAHEIM, CA -- Speaking to reporters following Anaheim's 2-1 OT loss to Nevada in their sixth game of this preseason, Jonathan Hagan addressed the incident that occurred between himself and Nevada defenseman and fellow draftee Maxwell Carrigan. The two could be seen having a lengthy discussion over the course of the warmup, that as times seemed like it might escalate into something further.

"Well the guy came over on our side and I just told him to get back on his side of the line," Hagan said. "He didn't like that idea and called me a stupid hick, so I told him about where he could shove it after that. He started to say some more and I just skated away, told him to drop them if he really wanted to keep it going. Couple minutes later and I'm at the bench using a stone and he comes over and starts getting after it again, so I started giving it right back to him. Almost threw one then and there, but Kampa [Kaapo Kampainen] came over and got me to get back to business."

Over the course of the game, the two defensemen didn't have much of a chance to lay into each other physically, given their positions, but, Hagan said, Carrigan refused to drop the gloves and settle the dispute between the two.

"Yeah, I challenged him about midway through the first period. Guy wanted nothing to do with me then, and I'm not going to jump the guy. I think he understands what would happen to him if he dropped the gloves with me, and that's the end of it. Said something about being a first rounder meant he didn't fight guys taken late, and I told him that he wouldn't make it out of the first round of a fight. But whatever, if he wants to talk the talk and not walk the walk, he'll get it down the line."

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Why would I help your team by taking you off the ice for 5?

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

You tell em

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]