Create Account

New Beginnings

A lot has changed since I last joined the SHL. In the few months that followed I found out my diagnosis of GERD and a Stomach Ulcer was something much more serious.

During my time here last I had been struggling to eat and drink for sometime and occasionally throwing up a little blood which the doctors said was fine. After I left here I got a lot worse when I went 2 weeks without eating which basically made my body waste away and then 2 days without being able to drink enough and I ended up being hospitalised with dehydration.

I was cleared on the first hospitalisation and didn't think anything of it and went back to normal but then 2 weeks later same thing again and I ended up in hospital again. This time I had a lot more tests done and it was found out that I had Cancer.

This had been effecting me for sometime and apparently it is why I had slowly been getting weaker physically and mentally. This really took me back when I first found out the news but I remain positive and think maybe I'll be fine and just fight it. I am still thinking that and it's probably the best mindset to have.

I have decided to come back here and stay in the PBE due to wanting some normality to my life that's drastically changed since.

I'm going to try and do my best with updates as I go through chemotherapy and anything else they offer me and I hope we can just have a clean slate as I wasn't in the best of states before.

I'd also like to take this as a time to say if you're ever having issues you're scared about go seek medical advice and if it doesn't seem like what they've said improved then go again!

Best wishes to you. It's nice to have an escape like these sim leagues. Thanks for sharing this <3

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]   Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF]  Team Japan | S60 Gold

Wish you all the best in your fight! and hope this place gives you some relief.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

Fuck cancer. Welcome back!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]