Create Account

Analyzing the S62 draft by TPE

With being called up to the majors this season now, I wanted to check in how the rest of my draft class is doing. I obviously was a bit disappointed at the time to be drafted so low so I wanted to see how I compare now and who were among the best picks of the draft. Obviously there are things that matter other than TPE so don't take this analysis too seriously.

Here is the analysis below:

Round 1
1. Rage Manhattan Rage - Aksel Fiske - 979 TPE - 12th in TPE

While at first glance you see the deficit of being picked first and now only being 12th in TPE may seem like a bit of a bust, you really can't view it that way, since there is still not that much difference in TPE between 1st and 12th. Fiske has done very well and the consistency is definitely something you look for in a first pick. Could they have done better if you JUST go by TPE? Sure but this is not a bad pick.

2. Aurora Winnipeg Aurora - Mikko Rashford - 1035 TPE - 1st in TPE

Mikko Rashford was picked 2nd overall and now leads the class in TPE. The man has done very well for himself and has boosted himself into the lead early on in this class. Very good pick by the Aurora!

3. Argonauts Seattle Argonauts ( Patriotes -> Argonauts ) - Sconnie McHits - 978 TPE - 13th in TPE

Similar to the first overall pick, you have a similar situation here with Sconnie. Just 13th in TPE but still right up there with the best of them in TPE and still a very solid pick by the Argonauts!

4. Aurora Winnipeg Aurora ( Specters -> Aurora ) - Spack Jarrow - 990 TPE - 7th in TPE

Spack Jarrow was picked 4th overall and is now 7th in TPE. I think that's about as close as you can expect to be with a pick.

5. Aurora Winnipeg Aurora - (pride -> Aurora) - Jay O'Neil - 1007 TPE - 3rd in TPE

O'Neill has outperformed his draft spot a little and is currently third in the class in TPE. Well done! Aurora with some solid picks so far.

6. Patriotes Montreal Patriotes (Monarchs -> Stampede -> Patriotes) - Zayne Dangle - 987 TPE - 9th in TPE

Dangle was picked 6th and is now 9th, still very solid!

7. Patriotes Montreal Patriotes (Argonauts -> Patriotes) - Ben Jammin - 1015 TPE - 2nd in TPE

At what point becomes a pick a steal? This is definitely a good start for the Patriotes. Jammin was picked 7th but is now 2nd in TPE. Like I said, everyone is still close together but this is definitely a good start.

8. Rage Manhattan Rage (Panthers -> Aurora -> pride -> Rage) - Paul Koivu - 980 TPE - 11th in TPE

Similar to some other picks before, the value here was really solid and a good pick!

9. Inferno Atlanta Inferno - Viktor Krunk - 981 TPE - 10th in TPE

Similar to some other picks before, the value here was really solid and a good pick!

10. Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard (Forge -> Blizzard) - Shoyo Hinata - 1000 TPE - 4th in TPE

Another small little steal already with Hinata outperforming his spot by 6 places in this early run.

11. Aurora Winnipeg Aurora - (Stars -> Aurora) - Jaeger Jones - 881 TPE - 19th in TPE

And the first little disappointment with Jones being picked 11th but just 19th in TPE. And that is also where the kind of difference already is a factor. Over 100 TPE behind the top players of the class already.

12. Aurora Winnipeg Aurora (Wolfpack -> Aurora) - Tommy Tightpants - 792 TPE - 28th in TPE

And from a small disappointment to a bigger one. While Tightpants is still solidly earning, you gotta admit picking someone 12th who is now 28th is definitely a bit of a downfall. After some great early picks by the Aurora, the last two were a bit of a misstep. Tightpants is already over 200 TPE down on the top of the class.

13 Dragons Calgary Dragons - Eddie Creller - 652 TPE - 30th in TPE

And another, even bigger disappointment. These last three picks were really out of line with the rest of the first round. Creller is another 150 TPE behind even Tightpants, so already almost 400 behind the top of the class. Draftd 13th and now just 30th in the class. A bad pick by the Dragons.

14. Aurora Winnipeg Aurora (Barracuda -> Aurora -> Wolfpack -> Aurora) - Christian Kinsinger - 991 TPE - 6th in TPE

The Aurora redeem themselves and add yet another top 10 player to the team with someone who outclassed their drafted position by 8 spots. Well done!

15. Rage Manhattan Rage (syndicate -> Rage) - Jeff Larsson - 799 TPE - 26th in TPE

Another slightly bad pick. Larsson down over 200 TPE and just 26th in TPE, a loss of 11 spots.

16. Aurora Winnipeg Aurora (Stampede -> Argonauts -> Aurora) - Rebecca Montagne - 990 TPE - 7th in TPE (goalie)

Another Aurora great pick though in this case, it is also a bit of a sneaky one, as Montagne is a goalie, so they tend to fall a bit further than otherwise.

17. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers (Blizzard -> Barracuda -> Panthers) - Yannick Svoboda - 976 TPE - 14th in TPE

After so much difference it's almost crazy to see someone fairly accurate in where they place again!

18. Patriotes Montreal Patriotes (Platoon -> Argonauts -> Patriotes) - Brick Wall - 992 TPE - 5th in TPE (goalie)

Another goalie who far outperforms his draft position, but likely because he is a goalie. Still, very impressive late round pick.

19. Renegades Texas Renegades - Dirty Boots - 955 TPE - 15th in TPE

Another pick that is fairly well placed here.

20. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks - Cup Noodle - 798 TPE - 27th in TPE

A bit of a disappointment though not as bad as some others anymore.

Round 2
21. Rage Manhattan Rage (Aurora -> Barracuda -> Rage) - Vasily Arkhangelsky - 526 TPE - 33rd in TPE

We enter the second round and now obviously things are a bit harder to gauge. Still, 12 spots down isn't ideal. A bit of a bad pick.

22. Rage Manhattan Rage - Ignaz Pleyel - 547 TPE - 31st in TPE

Similar to what I just said, similar TPE amount.

23. Argonauts Seattle Argonauts (Patriotes -> Argonauts) - Wendolene Ramsbottom - 947 TPE - 16th in TPE

And there is me. Obviously there are bigger steals in this draft but I am fairly happy with having so far outperformed my draft pick slot by 7 places. We shall see how this changes in the next few seasons. Not a massive steal for the Argonauts but I think a solid pick nonetheless.

24. Rage Manhattan Rage (Specters -> syndicate -> Rage) - Brady Bertrand - 370 TPE - 49th in TPE

Yikes, definitely a disappointment there, TPE indicates inactivity has settled in.

25. Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (pride -> Wolfpack) - Anzelms Krastins - not in list?

This guy is not in the list, so I can't judge it.

26. Monarchs Minnesota Monarchs - Theo Berglund - 487 TPE - 37th in TPE

Not a massive bust but slightly underperforming still.

27. syndicate Chicago Syndicate - Stephan Gill - 824 TPE - 24th in TPE

This feels like a steal in some weird way, but then again this is only 3 spots upwards. Fairly accurate pick.

28. Patriotes Montreal Patriotes (Panthers -> Specters -> Patriotes) - Gordie Goodenough - 515 TPE - 34th in TPE

Slight disappointment there for the Patriotes.

29. Inferno Atlanta Inferno - Alexander Mackenzie - 844 TPE - 22nd in TPE

Good, solid choice and has outperformed his spot by 7 spots.

30. Forge Philadelphia Forge - Lenny Hawk - 741 TPE - 29th in TPE

Almost exactly where he got picked, accurate as hell!

31. pride San Francisco Pride (Stars -> Aurora -> pride) - Borje Samuelsson - 836 TPE - 23rd in TPE

Another bit of a steal here for the Pride.

32. Patriotes Montreal Patriotes (Wolfpack -> Patriotes) - Marek Skoda - 402 TPE - 48th in TPE

Bit of a disappointment, 16 spots down is not great.

33. Patriotes Montreal Patriotes (Dragons -> Specters -> Patriotes) - Malach Skoda - 446 TPE - 41st in TPE

8 spots down is not ideal, but also not the worst. TPE wise though not much of a difference between the two Skodas.

34. Rage Manhattan Rage (Barracuda -> Rage) - Vin Bangsa-Wamy - 443 TPE - 42nd in TPE

Slight disappointments all around here and TPE sums that won't impact in the majors any time soon.

35. Rage Manhattan Rage (syndicate -> Rage) - Velky Muz - 448 TPE - 40th in TPE

Same as above really.

36. pride San Francisco Pride (Stampede -> Monarchs -> Aurora -> pride) - Ezra Wong - 537 TPE - 32nd in TPE

Slightly better as other picks here but also no breakthrough.

37. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers (Blizzard -> Renegades -> Panthers) - Ka Chow - 308 TPE - 54th in TPE

Big yikes, not good.

38. Renegades Texas Renegades (Platoon -> Renegades) - Kentaro Kikuchi - 879 TPE - 20th in TPE

A steal! And what a steal it is. TPE wise still along the top group and has outpaced his draft stock by 18 spots. Shows that there is still some life left here even this late. Great pick!

39. Renegades Texas Renegades - Merlin Metzler - 429 TPE - 44th in TPE

Similar to his draft position.

40. Stars Toronto North Stars (Steelhawks -> Argonauts -> Aurora -> Stars) - Lonley Stagan - 294 TPE - 57th in TPE

Big yikes, not good. Inactive it seems.

Round 3
41. Aurora Winnipeg Aurora - Frederico von Schnicktenburg - 803 TPE - 25th in TPE

We start round 3 with another big steal! TPE wise still solid and 16 spots up. Great pick late here once again for the Aurora.

42. Rage Manhattan Rage - Vincent Catalano - 438 TPE - 43rd in TPE

Accurate spot.

43. Patriotes Montreal Patriotes - Connor O'Byrne - 897 TPE - 18th in TPE

And another huge steal, possibly the biggest one? O'Byrne is still very much along with the top group, outpacing his spot by 25 spots. Great pick here late!

44. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks (Specters -> Steelhawks) - Akashi SixNine Jr. - 496 TPE - 36rd in TPE

Little tiny bit of a good pick but also not insanely so with the TPE amount.

45. Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard (pride -> Blizzard) - Pope Coswi - 449 TPE - 39th in TPE

Fairly accurate.

46. syndicate Chicago Syndicate (Monarchs -> syndicate) - Aldo Huber - 363 TPE - 50th in TPE

Pretty accurate too.

47. Patriotes Montreal Patriotes (Argonauts -> Patriotes) - Vadim Askerov - 878 TPE - 21st in TPE

And another huge steal! Perhaps this is the biggest now. 26 spots better than where he was drafted, Askerov is still along with the top group in TPE as well. Another good Patriotes pick.

48. Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard (Panthers -> Specters -> Blizzard) - Tuuka Pack - 241 TPE - 63rd in TPE

Big yikes.

49. Inferno Atlanta Inferno - Recently Tired - 428 TPE - 45th in TPE

Accurate spot.

50. Patriotes Montreal Patriotes (Forge -> Patriotes) - Alicia Melchiott - not in list?

Another one not in the list.

51. Aurora Winnipeg Aurora (Stars -> Aurora) - Trevor Malone - 316 TPE - 52nd in TPE

Super accurate pick!

52. Wolfpack New England Wolfpack - Skating Dino - 273 TPE - 58th in TPE

Solidly accurate.

53. Dragons Calgary Dragons - PASS

The first pass makes me wonder if we will see another steal here later?

54. Aurora Winnipeg Aurora (Barracuda -> Aurora) - Jacques Lilcoque - 233 TPE - 65th in TPE
55. syndicate Chicago Syndicate - Lord Skrolk - 241 TPE - 63rd in TPE
56. Stampede Buffalo Stampede - PASS
57. Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard - SD Core - 425 TPE - 46th in TPE

Bauer actually did earn a bit, look at that.

58. Rage Manhattan Rage (Platoon -> Rage) - Rodrigo Rivic - 336 TPE - 51st in TPE
59. Renegades Texas Renegades - FORFEIT
60. Platoon Baltimore Platoon (Steelhawks -> Platoon) - Alexej Komarek - not in list?

Round 4
61. Aurora Winnipeg Aurora - PASS
62. Rage Manhattan Rage - Alex Kidd - 425 TPE - 46th in TPE
63. Patriotes Montreal Patriotes - PASS
64. Specters New Orleans Specters - PASS
65. pride San Francisco Pride - PASS
66. Rage Manhattan Rage (Monarchs -> Rage) - Jesper Aittokallio - 922 TPE - 17th in TPE

I wanna say that this is not a steal but just a GM pick. Others may be able to correct me.

67. Argonauts Seattle Argonauts - PASS
68. syndicate Chicago Syndicate (Panthers -> Platoon -> syndicate) - PASS
69. Inferno Atlanta Inferno - PASS
70. Forge Philadelphia Forge - Rafael Boeck - 461 TPE - 38th in TPE

Not sure if the same applies here. This may be a small steal actually.

71. Stars Toronto North Stars - PASS
72. Wolfpack New England Wolfpack - PASS
73. Dragons Calgary Dragons - PASS
74. Barracuda Tampa Bay Barracuda - PASS
75. syndicate Chicago Syndicate - PASS
76. Stampede Buffalo Stampede - PASS
77. Renegades Texas Renegades (Blizzard -> Renegades) - PASS
78. Platoon Baltimore Platoon - PASS
79. Renegades Texas Renegades - PASS
80. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks - PASS

Round 5
81. Aurora Winnipeg Aurora - PASS
82. Rage Manhattan Rage - PASS
83. Patriotes Montreal Patriotes - PASS
84. Specters New Orleans Specters - PASS
85. pride San Francisco Pride - PASS
86. Monarchs Minnesota Monarchs - PASS
87. Argonauts Seattle Argonauts - PASS
88. Panthers Los Angeles Panthers - Lewis Hamiltonisblessed - 505 TPE - 35th in TPE

And another steal unless this is somehow a GM pick too.

89. Inferno Atlanta Inferno - PASS
90. Forge Philadelphia Forge - PASS
91. Stars Toronto North Stars - PASS
92. Wolfpack New England Wolfpack - PASS
93. Dragons Calgary Dragons - PASS
94. Barracuda Tampa Bay Barracuda - PASS
95. syndicate Chicago Syndicate - PASS
96. Stampede Buffalo Stampede - PASS
97. Specters New Orleans Specters (Blizzard -> Specters) - PASS
98. Platoon Baltimore Platoon - PASS
99. Renegades Texas Renegades - PASS
100. Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks - PASS

So what were the biggest steals and biggest busts:

Steals:

53 spots: Lewis Hamiltonisblessed (may be a GM pick?)
49 spots: Jesper Aittokallio (pretty sure a GM pick)
32 spots: Rafael Boeck (unsure)
26 spots: Vadim Askerov
25 spots: Connor O'Byrne
18 spots: Kentaro Kikuchi
16 spots: Frederico von Schnicktenburg
13 spots: Brick Wall
11 spots: SD Core

But obviously those last ones are a bit hard to gauge. I think Askerov and O'Byrne are the actual biggest steals value wise.

Busts:

25 spots: Brady Bertrand
17 spots: Eddie Creller
17 spots: Ka Chow
17 spots: Lonley Stagan
16 spots: Tommy Tightpants
16 spots: Marek Skoda
15 spots: Tuuka Pack
12 spots: Vasily Arkhangelsky
11 spots: Jeff Larsson
11 spots: Aksel Fiske
11 spots: Theo Berglund
11 spots: Jacques Lilcoque

Keep in mind this is just everyone who lost more than 10 spots, but I don't think all of these, especially among the top picks are actual busts. They are still performing very well TPE wise and are far from busts. Just underperforming their draft position in TPE.

Well as a summary I can say that the Aurora team just insanely did well and had an insane rebuild, but they also just had ALL of the draft picks in this draft and basically were able to pick up a bunch of amazing talent. I wonder how their team will look a few seasons from now.

I also realize this is still early and I plan to do another check in in a few seasons to see what has changed in the meantime.

Like I said, I am happy with how I have done so far and hopefully I can still climb up the ranks a little bit. Maybe towards the top 10? Who knows!

I think this was a really solid draft, though I guess it is very hard for me to gauge that since I don't necessarily pay attention to all the other drafts in this league. Maybe others can point out if this was a draft with a good amount of actives or not!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

I'd definitely say you qualify as a massive steal Argonauts

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

You miss one week of PTs and don’t get first place in fantasy, and you’re a bust in S62. Incredible. (No knock on you, JuOSu! I’m gonna crawl my way back to top 10 if it KILLS ME)

I blame Rash.

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

05-18-2022, 02:29 PMmer Wrote: I blame Rash.

Based.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

05-18-2022, 02:29 PMmer Wrote: You miss one week of PTs and don’t get first place in fantasy, and you’re a bust in S62. Incredible. (No knock on you, JuOSu! I’m gonna crawl my way back to top 10 if it KILLS ME)

I blame Rash.

Haha sorry! Like I said, bust for the top especially is harsh cause it isn't really accurate. So close still at the top. Let's both meet in the top ten one day!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Am a bustarino

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Great article juosu! Appreciate being labeled as a steal, definitely surprised I slipped so hard

The ones not in the list retired, as did Archangelsky (they retired after the Russian invasion as they didn't want to continue with a Russian player). Not sure why Archangelsky is still in the list, player page probably wasn't properly moved to retired section.

Overall pretty similar to how things were like a season ago when I ran the numbers, basically the top of the class is so strong, and there were basically no misses in the top 10 picks, and virtually the first round as a whole makes the fact that the #1 pick is 12th in TPE look way worse than it is. The top 15 TPE earners were all taken in the 1st round, which out of 20 picks I have to imagine is an insanely high percentage. If you disregard Rashford, the #2 in TPE and the #12 in TPE are only 36 TPE apart. 21 TPE away from 4th. As you said, not really busts just an insanely stacked class.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

05-18-2022, 02:29 PMmer Wrote: You miss one week of PTs and don’t get first place in fantasy, and you’re a bust in S62. Incredible. (No knock on you, JuOSu! I’m gonna crawl my way back to top 10 if it KILLS ME)

I blame Rash.

[Image: 6a251f5657e6299e1180e1bcdf856f12.png]

[Image: uZXUIMk.png]

Quote:38. Renegades Texas Renegades (Platoon -> Renegades) - Kentaro Kikuchi - 879 TPE - 20th in TPE

A steal! And what a steal it is. TPE wise still along the top group and has outpaced his draft stock by 18 spots. Shows that there is still some life left here even this late. Great pick!

oh no

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .