Create Account

Interview with Bohdan Jarovsky

Reporter- Hello, and we are here with Bohdan Jarovsky today. This young man is entering his draft season for the SMJHL. This Czechslovakia player is having a break out season. There are not many players we've seen before with the vision he has offensively.

So Bohdan, what makes you stand out from others in the upcoming draft.

Bohdan- Hello, and thank you for having me today. I just want to say this draft has a lot of upcoming talent, and there are quite a few pure goal scorers and offensive minded players in this draft. The thing I can bring if a team does decide to draft me, is my ability to make plays with the puck. I am not the flashy goal scorer, but I know how to make sure those kind of players get their chances to shine. 

Reporter- Well you have been known to score from time to time as well Bohdan, just last week you pulled of this *insert highlight clip*. That play had contention for goal of the year in your junior league. Who do you think helped you get to the point you are today?

Bohdan- I couldn't begin to list everyone that helped me. Honestly, every coach/teammate I've played with for starters. My parents for encouraging me, and helping me whether that was getting to practices, games, training, even the financial aspect of it. I always know where to look for them every game. Always standing behind the other teams goalie by themselves away from all the other parents. 

Reporter- Must mean a lot to you having such a supportive crew. What does a day in the life of Bohdan look like?

Bohdan- After waking up, I always start by having a meal. I have to admit I do not have the healthiest eating regiment. Most days though, I will start with pancakes or cereal. We will then strap on the roller blades, and stick handle up and down the back roads. A lot of hills where I am, so it makes it more difficult to control. I like the challenge. We will then work on our passing accuracy. I have multiple saucer pass nets set up. Similar to what they use in the Skills challenges. Rest/School work. Lunch. School again. After school we always have something for hockey. We are on ice 6 days a week, and dryland for 1. So always something to do. After hockey, finish up homework to sleep and repeat.

Reporter- Sounds like you are really committed to your training. Don't worry about the diet you're still young. Do you have any goals outside of being a hockey player? I know how difficult it is to actually go pro.

Bohdan- I try not to stress on that too much right now. Really just focused on playing the best hockey I can, and bringing it to the rink every time I step on. That said, I do maintain decent grades in school. If hockey was not the path for me, I'd like to become a physiotherapist. Ideally, one with a pro sports team. That way I can still feel involved in the atmosphere you get from professional sports. The idea of helping someone get back to their best has always been an interest of mine.

Reporter- Ah yes, physio is a very important field. If I remember correctly you had an injury that sidelined you for a while a couple years back. What is something you feel you need to improve that might hinder you from taking that next big step? 

Bohdan- Yeah, that's right I did. I'd rather not get into that and relive those days. My defensive/physicality is something I feel would be an area I could address. I've always lived by the motto "They cannot score if the puck is in their end". So I do everything I can to keep the puck down in their end of the ice. I really want to work my way onto the penalty kill. That's definitely my goal for next season wherever I play.

Reporter- Well you do a great job of that. Your offensive numbers are staggering, even just puck possession alone. Has any team reached out to you yet? Any team in particular you'd like to get drafted to?

Bohdan- Ah there has been some whispers around the league that's for sure. I honestly am just excited to even be considered in the drafting process. I just hope whoever takes my knows what kind of player they are drafting. I'm a friendly locker room kind of guy, and I always put in the extra effort. First guy on the ice, last guy off, whatever it takes attitude. As long as I can help their organization succeed that is what's important for me.

Reporter
- Final question here Bohdan, I heard you guys have a little ritual you do after every win. Would you mind telling us what that is.

Bohdan- Haha, we do have a routine for wins. It starts off by us playing Colt 45 in the locker room. Don't ask me why they chose this song, it just become the song after a win. We also have a player of the game thing. So whoever the team decides what the most valuable player that game gets first dibs on their meal at dinner after practice. It may not sound like a big deal, but let me tell you. Some of those items are gone before the line gets halfway down some days. Especially on chicken wing day, it turns into a brawl. 

Reporter- Thanks for coming out here today Bohdan. It sounds like you are very mature for your age, and looking forward to seeing you take that big step 

Bohdan- Thanks a lot, shout out to my family I love you guys!

WC:1017

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Nice article!

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Bust

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]