Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #2 - The bright and mysterious future of Carolina ''Kraken''
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2023, 10:16 AM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

Regular season is almost over and the time when every game matters like the seventh match of Finals comes closer and closer. Since my last Deep Dive got declined, I decided to make a new one about best players of this season from Carolina ''Kraken''. Future of our team is definitely bright, but a bit mysterious...

''Kraken'' sits at 8th position in an entire league. There is a chance to climb up to a 7th place or even fall down to the 10th. Last stretch of regular season won't be easy, because each team is fighting for their place under the sun, but I can easily say... we are ready!

''Kraken'' doesn't have a specific leader. Team is doing better than we thought and it's because of our chemistry. We have three leaders - each has already gained at least 60 points this season. They are Derek Martin, Timo Lambert and Johnny Wagner-Svensson. These three dudes will definitely make our own Hall of Fame, but, unfortunately, soon they will go up to the big league.

Future is bright though. I don't want to say that Aumy Junior II is one of the best future stars for this franchise, but he definitely is one of them. 29 points in 56 games while most of the time is spent as a defender, which isn't even close to his main position. This young center has already made his future build for next season, so if SMJHL cap won't ruin it, individually his season should be better than good.

Left wing forward Filip Svatos in his freshman year is already doing some serious numbers. 46 points in 56 games is an incredible statline for a rookie. He is a great passer with a bright future and a big space to improve, since he isn't really even close to his first SMJHL cap of 350 training points.

Matt Stro is another left winer who is doing pretty decent in his first season. He has only 29 points in the same amount of games, but he has +/- of 16, which is the third shared best result in our squad. Great passer which always finds an open teammate.

We have a lot of hopes for Alexej Kastrba as well. He is a great right wing forward which is a hard worker just like me. He has 38 points of which most of them are assists, but he has a bright future if he will keep up his energy and work ethic. We have great passers all around the team. Now we just need a couple of guys who can realize these situations and score. I think that Aumy Junior II might be one of them.

The minus is that we don't have a great goalie line. Both of our guys are pretty much inactive and they aren't getting any better. Our first number Elias Adelberg might even have his last season next year in this league, so we have to search for a good goalie. Defenders are a big problem in this league too, so if we might steal some of them in off season, free agency or upcoming draft, it would highly improve our results next season.

We don't have a lot of hard working players, but we have couple of them and I think it's enough to push for a Finals appearance. While they aren't at SHL and can help us, we are good, but we have to think about the future. We have to get Four Star Cup in couple of next seasons. No one wants to finish SMJHL career without a chip on their shoulders. There will be a lot of work for our front office in upcoming off season for sure. Hopefully they will do a great job, so we can push boundaries for the next couple of seasons. Lines, players, trainings... It won't be easy, but it ain't impossbile either. ''Kraken'' family is strong and this squad has to win a championship. Go Carolina! 

Kraken Kraken Kraken 

662 words

Stars Stars Stars

Approved, +5 TPE to @st4rface

[Image: CptSquall.gif]