Create Account

(GRADED) Deep dive #1 State of Rookies and Being a Rookie on the Kraken
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2023, 02:08 AM by Scrufdaddy. Edited 1 time in total.)

This will be my first deep dive post; sorry I am not the best at prompts like this but I will do my best.

This has been my first season here in the SHL/SMJHL and I joined a little late so I apologize if I am a bit off in my information. Currently the Kraken from my understanding sit on a wealth of rookies and young players including 3 extremely highly touted players in defensemen Lazer Gato, Wesley Kirkpatrick and goalie Sith Happens who have been amazing for the team that seems to have led us into a playoff spot after being injected with the old core. These 3 players have played a pivotal role for the team and seem to be going for records during their time here which acts as a good counterbalance to the other 3 draftees and signings at the end of the season who immediately became inactive or never signed the contract offered from the kraken. These players remain very active in the discord and have been fun to talk to and be seen joking around with each other. After that core 3 are Jason Bolden and Chris Robertson, 2 more FA signings with Sith Happens who have had a good start and seeming to be active contributors. I will not go more in depth on this group as there are already a few prompts out there on them

The next 2 I would like to speak on and focus on are waiver pickups much later in the season, Alexandros Mograine(myself), Lilian Flapberg, and Jeff Goldblum. In an interesting decision our team owner and general manager decided to get a wealth of players to play the right defense role including myself a right wing who has played right defense so far this season in 31 games. The other 2 are naturally right defensemen and have had no trouble getting points in their roles but have a bit of struggles defensively. It his hard to tell if these 2 will remain active but it seems they have the interest but just like me come in feeling a bit overwhelmed but if they stick with it, I am sure they will do just fine. Seriously though do they just love right defense players or was that all that is available lol.

Now the focus on myself, the waiver pickup rookie right wing playing defense. My player built to be a right winger has not had the greatest luck with getting points as a defense and only in the last 3 or 4 games did, I get my first 2 goals of the season and sits at 9 points in 31 games so I do not believe I am going to reach the status of the first 3 mentioned rookies for the team which I admit hurts my pride a bit and I wish I could have been here since the start of the season to leave more of a mark on the league. Despite this I have maintained pretty good defensive numbers for the games I have played and look to be making it into the playoffs with my team touting a TPE about 225 which honestly, I am unsure of if that is good for being here about 2 weeks but I think its ok xD. Being a rookie in this league has been an interesting affair and felt very overwhelming at first glance especially getting the hang of updates and properly formatting them of which I had some scouts mention to me apparently, I am very good at this for a newbie, God the confidence boost. I am more of an introvert and struggle with prompts that people can see so I was unsure if I would do anything like this, but with the support of the GM’s I have talked to and my own team owner and GM Sve7en and Frenchie I have had a lot of fun so far and felt very welcomed so I figured I would give this a try, hopefully next year being more useful to the team.

You're doing great out there Alexandros, can't wait to see you blossom into the right winger you want to be Kraken

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Great article! Always love to hear about Carolina history in the making!

[Image: banes.png]

Mograine stepping up to fill a much needed hoke at right defense.... and killing it! Great deep dive slicer! Kraken

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]

Approved, +5 TPE to @sliceruser

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]