Create Account

(GRADED)DEEP DIVE #1: Regina Elk S71 Draft Selections
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2023, 11:46 AM by CptSquall. Edited 2 times in total.)

For my first deep dive I decided that I wanted to take a closer look at the Regina Elk’s S71 SMJHL entry draft class. In this deep dive I will go over the Elk’s top selected players to include a little background info, highlight their regular season stats, and consider how the pick has faired in terms of TPE earned during their rookie SMJHL season.

With the third overall pick in the S71 SMJHL Draft, the Elk selected a known user in Caleb. Caleb is an SHL GM who recently retired his first create, >1,000 TPE Goalie Caleb Hayden. His recreate, the Irish Sensation Rowan O’Beirne, is an offensive minded Center that possesses great stick skills and excellent ability to play in the scoring zone (whats a hockey term for this?). O’Beirne played in the 2nd line and tallied 41 points (19 goals ,22 assists), with 175 shots (10.9%). He also had 55 giveaways with 37 takeaways while winning 54.5% of his faceoffs. His regular season game rating was a solid(?) 67. Rowan O’Beirne currently sits at 264 TPE and is proving worthy of the 3rd overall pick.

With the 15th overall pick in the draft, the Elk selected new SHL user soevil and his player Austin Morley (yes its me.) Relatively unknown to the SHL, soevil has a max earning player in the ISFL and looks to continue that streak in the SHL. Morley, a “Back checking forward”, aims to be a solid two way player with a slight emphasis on the defensive side of the ice. During the regular season, Morley played on the 3rd line and totaled 37 points (20 goals and 17 assists) on 135 shots (14.8%). He had 47 giveaways with 45 takeaways and won 52.7% of his faceoffs. His regular season game rating was 63. Sitting at 272 TPE, Morley is currently in the lead for this Elk draft class in TPE earned.

With the 23rd overall pick, the Elk selected user KC15 and their player Philippe Le Bel. KC15 is a returning player whose last player topped out at a whopping(?) >1800 TPE! Le Bel, a Left Defensemen, is a well rounded defender who looks to go on the counter whenever possible. On the 3rd line, Le Bel earned 19 points (6 goals and 13 assists). They also had 58 takeaways to only 22 giveaways with 73 blocks and 127 hits. During the regular season, Le Bel posted a 61 game rating. Le Bel currently has 252 TPE and looks to be a solid pick going forward.

With the 33rd overall pick, the Elk selected user Ashes and their player Adrians Skalbergs.Ashes appears to be an SHL veteran however I am unsure what their previous player(s) peak TPE has been. Skalbergs is a Right Wing who excels at dishing the pick to their teammates. On the season, Skalbergs earned 40 points (9 goals and 31 assists) while on the 3rd line. Skalbergs had one of the better game ratings for the Elk, sitting pretty at 72. With 261 TPE, Ashes and Skalbergs seem to be off to a hot start and will hopefully continue to be a great pick for the Elk.

I know I only went through the Elk’s first 3 picks, however I have reached the 500 point mark and will not be doing a write up of the remaining two selections. I will shout them out though, as Ana Parast and Zach Cuff Jr have been excellent selections to this point as well. Go Elkies! (585 words)

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

Approved, +5 TPE to @soevil

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]