Create Account

A sorta noobies thoughts on the update portal

Well after one season in the J's im still kind of a noob but kinda not. i mean i will always be a noob lol. So here is a kinda noobies perspective on the new update portal!

Intro Thoughts:
Starting out with the "old" update system it was a steep learning curve, but after spending a couple hours reading the help articles, watching the videos, I sorta got it. Though without the update assistant there would of been NO WAY I would of been able to figure out the "old" updating system. I can also see how it would of been hard to some people who maybe didnt get catch on or just didnt know about the other resources available. I think the new portal with definitely make the SHL more new-user friendly. Also before, I accidentally bought training twice In one week, with the new portal it will prevent those small human-errors like that which is really nice!

Thoughts on the new portal:
THE NEW PORTAL IS SO COOL! First off, it is such a clean, modern design. You can easily view your player information and stats. Also I love that you can sort by draft class for the player finder tool. One thing I would like to add is some sort of notification when TPE was deposited as I had no idea today that I got more TPE until I randomly searched TPE events. If in future updates you could add a banner or some sort of notifications that would be super cool! Also, I would like to add that I really like the personalization of the home/your player screen and that it has your teams colors (Super nice and subtle add). I still have not tried out updating my player (Banking all my TPE for now) but I'm super excited to try. I would like to note that the new more modern player builder is also cool. One negative i have is that the new update portal will take away the updater jobs and roles. I think HO should make other jobs to compensate for this if possible. 

Conclusion:
The pro's are way better than the cons. I would say the developers did a real nice job developing the new update portal and I can't wait to see what they do next. (Thanks devs!)

Word Count:391

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

appreciate the thoughts! The way the update portal released is for it to have the most features in it, but its a minimal viable product. So hopefully over time more features will be added and QOL will be improved. Like the notifications and such. Or people build discord bots around the API to put it in discords in the meantime(like the one we had). A lot of possiblities

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

09-12-2023, 06:25 PMluke Wrote: appreciate the thoughts! The way the update portal released is for it to have the most features in it, but its a minimal viable product. So hopefully over time more features will be added and QOL will be improved. Like the notifications and such. Or people build discord bots around the API to put it in discords in the meantime(like the one we had). A lot of possiblities
Cool can't wait to see what you guys got up ur sleeve!

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar