Create Account

S77 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams Due: Wednesday, July 17th @ 11:59 PM PST

The playoffs... Oh boy we were ready. I and the whole team are training like we have never trained before! This includes heavy sprinting regiments, hours of upperbody workout, hiking on the Colorado mountains, and lots of biking. Even though I myself didn't have a great regular season I was ready to shake up the whole league in the playoffs(well in the rounds I'll play). The team itself all had their own personal preparations like with Fischerman doing lots of fishing. I took care of my kid and spent a week backpacking in the mountains. Our newest goalie Timo Leppanen was who I went on the backpacking week. I also released my stress by talking, playing, and playing hockey with my kid who I'm hoping will player better than me. The whole team also had a strict diet to make sure we were super fit for playoffs.

Keep Playing Guys 
-Jack Hvaik

Code:
Written Option: How did your team prepare for the playoffs? (150 word min.)

The unfortunate fact here is that we did not do much in the playoffs. When I say we did not do much, I mean we did not even win a damn game. Nothing like getting swept in the first round of the junior playoffs. Hopefully the team is on the way up though, however we just lost our general manager, so I am not sure that is going to work out.

Hopefully next season I get more ice time, as this season we wer hamstrung with the lines, and it did not matter how much we peoduced, it was always third line duties and no power play time for me. What else is new though?!

Just have to keep our head down, keep earning and keep pushing. That way we ould have an incredible re-boot when we get back to Seattle just in time to push for that Cup. It is going to be an epic run!

157 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

The Colorado Raptors faced a lot of regression heading into this season after coming off a championship season. They got noticeably younger with multiple rookies playing key roles and the veterans that did return did their best to lead the team. All of that led to a playoff birth against Ottawa. Since the Raptors are such a young and inexperienced team they leaned on the veterans to guide them through the playoff process. Those veterans scheduled multiple film sessions, meditation sessions, and team bonding events in the days leading up to the playoffs. It was a lot of good experience given to the rookies but ultimately it wound up being useless as Ottawa swept them in the playoffs. The silver lining here is that the Raptors youth get one more season older next season and they now have a good foundation of how to get mentally and physically prepared for a deeper playoff run in season 78.

[Image: zeus-stom-draft-night.png]

Playoff preparation was not much different than season preparation. We worked on conditioning a lot and studied our opponents in more detail. We watched a lot of game film of regular season games against those opponents and that helped us prepare a little better. I'm sure other teams may have employed similar strategies but we obviously found room for adjustments in certain places. Nothing major, just minor tweaks here and there. The coaches did a good job of sitting us down one-on-one, especially the rookies, and made sure we weren't up in our heads and just treating these games like any other game. Once we established that block we were able to go to work like it was any other day. This is my first taste of playoff hockey and it's been a blast. It could all come crashing down any day but just getting to play meaningful hockey this late in the season has been enjoyable. This is definitely something we can build on in future seasons as long as we stay hungry.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders Patriotes

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

As the regular season drew to a close, our team knew that the real challenge lay ahead. Even when we finished 1st place in the regular season nothing is done yet. 16 more wins to go. That is the teams mentality before the playoffs. We know we have the talent to take the cup home, but everyone needs to give their all on the ice in every game. We know our tactical approach works fine so the main focus on training is to get the right physicality and be mentally prepared. Being mentally prepared is the most important attribute to have when it comes to high intensity situations and close games. One difference compared to training sessions during regular season is that the coaching staff brought fans into the practice facility and told them to make as much noise as they could to try to create a playoffs atmosphere to the trainings.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2024, 09:38 PM by OVOXO. Edited 1 time in total.)

As the Detroit Falcons prepare for their playoff series against the Carolina Kraken, their approach is both thorough and strategic. After a standout season where they surpassed expectations and established a rock-solid defense, the Falcons are favored to win the series. With very few goals scored against them and one of the best goal differential in the league, their defensive side is a key strength.

The coaching staff is hard at work analyzing the Kraken’s gameplay, studying their offensive and defensive strategies to find weaknesses. Video review sessions are crucial for devising game plans and ensuring players understand the Kraken’s tactics. On the ice, practices are intense, focusing on improving speed, agility, and teamwork. The team emphasizes power play and penalty kill scenarios to ensure they capitalize on opportunities and neutralize the Kraken’s threats.

Off the ice, the Falcons are dedicated to maintaining peak fitness through strength training, conditioning, and proper nutrition. Team-building activities and mental conditioning help players stay focused and resilient.

Overall, the Falcons’ preparation is intense, aimed at leveraging their exceptional defense to secure victory in the playoffs.

[Image: elliot-alderson-spotlight.png]
Credit: xjoverax

The Quebec Citadelles prepared for the playoffs in the most sensible, rational manner for a simulation hockey team. We rented an oversized bouncy castle, got our speedos on, covered our bodies with vaseline and proceeded have a WWE-style king-of-the-hill wrestling tournament. We had a live band playing music that wouldn't have been out of place in a bar mitzvah, a crowd of horny spectators and moralist protestors shouting over each other, and we managed to have a fantastically good time bodychecking and throwing each other an an environment that, frankly, did not make much sense. Fortunately, no SMJHL player is ever injured based on their activities between games, so we knew we could confidently smash each other into nearby pavement or parked cars without fear of concussions. The Mai Tais were delightful, as was the Whale Blubber Tikka Masala. 
Clearly, this was the correct way to prepare for playoff hockey: we won our first series. And when we advanced to the second round but didn't book the bouncy castle again, we were swept. 
Answer: bouncy castles and vaseline.

[Image: OS00NDIyLmpwZWc.jpeg]

In the beginning of the season the Kelowna Knights were predicted to be bottom of the table once again. The past couple of seasons have not been kind to the Knights as ownership had essentially given up on the team. But then enter Thepyroalpaca (in comic book action fighting voice) who has transformed the roster and culture of Kelowna. Going into the season the Locker room was buzzing with excitement for the season. We were aiming to just be better and we did. We achieved our goal of being in a good playoff seed. Right before the playoffs, the LR had been buzzing & everyone couldn't stop talking about the growth we had from our rookies to our most seasoned veteran. The playoffs were a success. We made it past the 1st round beating out Great Falls Grizzlies our arch-rival. Sadly our game fizzled out when we went up against the Regina Elk. We lost in a game 7. Our team just couldn't win away games. But we will be back and better than every next year.

THIS IS SPARTA ⚔️
Knights Knights

https://imgur.com/gallery/aOwI8Ja

:https://i.imgur.com/UtD8UrN.png

Thank you @MattyIce & @ThePyroAlpaca for these AWESOME graphics!!

There's no doubt about the current state of the Newfoundland Berserkers. A team that had graduated many key players in the offseason. Key players who had just finished leading the Berserkers to a conference final. They came into the season with a few new recruits and a few veterans that wanted another kick at a championship before they moved on as well. After finishing mid-pack as expected by many, the Berserkers went into the playoffs versus a familiar opponent, the Quebec Citadelles. Preparing for the playoffs required a lot of video review and mental preparation. The Berserkers have a reputation of being a winning franchise. You cant take the heart of a champion and that's that the Berserks have. The veterans prepared the new recruits for one last kick at the trophy that everyone in the league desires. Ultimately, the high flying french squad in Quebec knocked the Berserkers out of the playoffs in the very first round. While the experience was lackluster for many, the vibe around the locker room is positive for the future.

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=745149

PBE Affiliate

The Detroit Falcons prepared to the playoffs first with a team bonding day. The team took a day trip to the upper peninsula to do a group hike. The problem was that it was still April when the team went and so the weather was cloudy and it rained about half way through the hike. The result was that everyone got really wet muddy feet. I don't know if you've ever had wet feet before but it's a vibe killer. After that the team just wasn't in the right head space. Days 2 and 3 were spent with morning video sessions breaking down Carolina's games and then conditioning in the afternoon. After that Detroit just did simulated game practice until it was time to face Carolina. Maybe it was the hike or maybe something else but we never really had it in us to finish things out. We got eliminated in the first round.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]