Create Account

Poll: Do you enjoy mock draft for TPE
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
23.81%
15 23.81%
No
76.19%
48 76.19%
Total 63 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you enjoy mock draft for tpe?

10-02-2024, 09:35 PMhockeyiscool Wrote: Maybe I'm out of touch but I'm reading into the changes of fantasy TPE and this discussion as people not being a fan of reward TPE for doing well at things and would instead to prefer a flat amount that everyone could earn each season...like capped TPE. Which would be a hilarious shift to go back to that I do not support.

I'm fine with variation to an extend. I do not mind Prediction and Playoffs Prediction, nor do i mind awards even if everyone know its a crapshow. Along with the seasonal stuff. For me in this specific exemple, it's because you have to wait at the very last minute to get good information. That's when people start to really share, without counting on stuff GMs are actively trying to hide from you to make it more fun for the users. At least with the other, 95% of the time nothing is hidden and you can guesstimate with the rosters. It all come down to stress and a headache that you have to try to get going in the last 12h or so to do decently.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

10-02-2024, 09:49 PMEvok Wrote: I'm fine with variation to an extend. I do not mind Prediction and Playoffs Prediction, nor do i mind awards even if everyone know its a crapshow. Along with the seasonal stuff. For me in this specific exemple, it's because you have to wait at the very last minute to get good information. That's when people start to really share, without counting on stuff GMs are actively trying to hide from you to make it more fun for the users. At least with the other, 95% of the time nothing is hidden and you can guesstimate with the rosters. It all come down to stress and a headache that you have to try to get going in the last 12h or so to do decently.
That's fair, I'm not sure how much of a difference the mock draft and playoff predictions really have considering submitting a playoff prediction typically has a window of 3 days to get a submission in from the nature of scheduling and now we've got to predict the number of games won in the series.

piecing together mocks when you're in the class is super super rewarding in my opinion and can be a ton of fun, but i just cant imagine you'd ever have enough information to go off otherwise without pestering people. i think i would be in favor of switching it to TPE for the current draft class only, money for everyone else.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

I think it is omega cringe to receive dms from people asking me who I'm gonna pick non stop as if I either want that info out there, or as if I'm gonna even know who to pick until it's actually my pick. I'd appreciate mock drafts more if at least players try and reason out where they will go based on information on the teams like positional need for example. I don't consider it much of a mock draft if you just ask every gm who they are taking where

[Image: rKRYSW6.png]

There's a lot of tasks I don't do nowdays, but the one I've almost never done is mock draft. I've always been told to wait until just before the draft to submit it for the best results, however the draft starts at a ridiculous hour for my timezone - so I can either get up in the middle of the night to have the best chance at a good outcome, or I can put an earlier (and substantially worse, usually) version in as my submission. Sure, one could argue it's worth just putting a submission in to have a crack at it, but it's so disheartening to see everyone else score so much higher than you on a task simply because they live in a timezone where it's convenient for them to wait until the last minute.

In my opinion, it's an inherently unfair task where users with more 'behind the scenes' insight into the league have a much greater chance of succeeding.

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

10-02-2024, 10:10 PMhockeyiscool Wrote: That's fair, I'm not sure how much of a difference the mock draft and playoff predictions really have considering submitting a playoff prediction typically has a window of 3 days to get a submission in from the nature of scheduling and now we've got to predict the number of games won in the series.

Was that change to playoff predictions even discussed before hand? We need a separate poll on that because I haaaaated it. Maybe not as much as I hate mock drafts, but not that much less.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]