Create Account

HIRING: SMJHL Awards Committee Members (3-4)
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2024, 06:42 AM by kahri. Edited 2 times in total.)

Hello Friends!!!

It is with deep sadness to say that @Troy_McClure03, @Cobbenstein and @Esso2264 have decided to step down from their duties in the committee. I can not thank them enough for their hard work they have put in during their time. All 3 leave behind massive shoes that will need to be filled. 

With that, we are looking for at least 3 (maybe 4) new users to join the SMJHL Awards Committee. With the awards being a unique and critical part of the SMJHL and its role in user retention, we are looking for individuals who are both energized about elevating the awards committee and recognizing great player performances and users.

Job Description:
The duties of an SMJHL Awards Committee member include keeping up to date with stats in the J's, participating in discussions leading up to voting, submitting their ballots before a certain deadline, and providing some justifications on their ballots for certain awards. As well as increased transparency from each member regarding nominations and voting. For those who are new in the league, it's a good way to keep up with what's happening in the league and to learn who the users you might share a locker room with someday.

Specifically, we're expecting members to
  • Follow the SMJHL season across the index, applicable media, and advanced statistics and models generated by @sve7en

• Submit a watchlist/semifinalist list for their award by a midway timepoint during the season

• Engage in discussion about the 7 regular season committee nominated awards and

• Submit a ranked choice ballot for those 7, and the additional 3 voted awards nominated by other parties (Harrak - GMotY, Miller - Dedicated, and Cross - Underrated)
Payment:
The pay is $2.5M per season, and can also come with a scaling bonus of $500k to $2.5m for participation for those members who go above and beyond in those discussions and justifications.

How to apply:
Please DM either head of the department @kahri (_kahri_) or @sve7en (sve7en) at the discord handles provided. We can both be found in the main SHL discord.

We encourage applicants to answer some or all of these questions as they see fit:
Why would you want to become part of the SMJHL Awards Committee?
As an awards committee member, you will have to approach nominations and voting without biases. How would you ensure that you stay impartial when discussing or voting on awards?
If you could change anything about how the awards are handled, what would it be and why?
What award do you think could be done better, if any?
What can you bring to better the awards committee?

Applications close Friday October 18 at 11:59pm pst. Best of luck to everyone and wiggle away!!!!!

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

08-12-2024, 07:41 AMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: I still didn't get fired!
................. this did not age well. You have been fired and here is your official notice

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

applied

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

if I knew how to post screenshots I would post the one of you firing me for real! But this will have to do for now.

This job is an awful job, everyone gets mad at you all the time for voting for yourself.

also I'm a liar, I just think we have a sea of worthy new people that need some employment

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

10-11-2024, 11:46 AMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: also I'm a liar, I just think we have a sea of worthy new people that need some employment

Troy, answer my questions with either yes or no and pretend that you are ordering a pizza.

1. Is Kahri in the room with you right now?

2. Are you out of her sight or is she paying attention to the call?

3. Do you want pineapple on the pizza?

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

10-11-2024, 12:53 PMPyro182 Wrote: 3. Do you want pineapple on the pizza?

Blink

I love pineapple juice and pineapple fruits or juice in some alcohol options but the rest is nothing for me if pineapple is involved :(

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

10-11-2024, 12:53 PMPyro182 Wrote: Troy, answer my questions with either yes or no and pretend that you are ordering a pizza.

1. Is Kahri in the room with you right now?

2. Are you out of her sight or is she paying attention to the call?

3. Do you want pineapple on the pizza?

No,

No,

Yes : But only because I want those who don't like it to be mad, and for those who do like it to be happy. Yucking someone else's yum is a silly thing to do. My kids put ketchup on pizza. I don't like it personally, but whatever, they are happy, I'm happy.

10-11-2024, 03:27 PMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: Yes : But only because I want those who don't like it to be mad, and for those who do like it to be happy. Yucking someone else's yum is a silly thing to do. My kids put ketchup on pizza. I don't like it personally, but whatever, they are happy, I'm happy.

I feel you here! my daughter also put Ketchup on things I never will understand but she loves it and she eat it in the end. overall she is happy with it. Smile

Chris McZehrl III - Anchorage Armada
[Image: McZehrlIII.jpg?ex=667c5d3b&is=667b0bbb&h...3f94d487d&]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)**
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History
**first ever Challenge Cup win after 0-3 in Finals Series

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Apple-ied (apply so yummy).

[Image: sam-volta-sig-0901.png]

bump!!

Applied