Create Account

S79 SMJHL PT #2 - Rivalry Week Due: Sunday, October 27th @ 11:59 PM PST

When walking into the locker room one day, I had to ask, "Which team do we hate the most?" My teammates were quick to point to a poster on the wall of a strange looking scarecrow head thing being crossed out. I hadn't realized it was there before. Just then, the GMs walked in and let me know Halloween is stupid and so are creepy scarecrows.

And so was my introduction to the Detroit Falcons vs. St. Louis Scarecrows rivalry. I must say, I didn't immediately feel good about this since we got shutout by them 0-3 earlier this season. At least I have the future matchups to look forward to. For Quazon Brosonchi, he will take any reason to increase his motivation to dominate the opposition. Rest be assured that the St. Louis Scarecrows upcoming games are circled on his calendar. They will not taste victory at the hands of the Detroit Falcons again.

(155)

[Image: VYytaep.png]

In this rugged league, it's hard to find a team that isn't our rival. Vancouver has had such a dominant past that I believe all the teams are colluding together to prevent us from winning more games... If I had to choose our biggest rival, it would be Quebec for no reason other than they are French. Vancouver is also doing extremely well in the league right now, so it's only natural they are our rival. 

Now, it's not like I have it out for people from Quebec. It's just that every time we've met Quebec on the ice, it's been a hard fought battle where they have just barely managed to edge us out and secure victory. It's gotten to a point where all of Vancouver is ready to give up their heart and charge into battle. Like true heroes, we will sacrifice ourselves to beat Quebec. Will anything come from our efforts? Only time will tell. 

If nothing else Vancouver has the best vibes in the league and all other teams should be envious.