Create Account

Cerilli signs

Welcome my name is Kelly Davidson and we are on the 3rd Period

It was a longer night for Angelo Cerilli come draft day than anyone expected. It was widely speculated that Angelo would go with the 8th pick to the Firebirds, Kasper Abraham was selected with that pick, next the Knights whom desperately needed a defenseman, the Knights instead opted to select defenseman Waldo Cezar Jr. and goalie Cyan Winters with their 10th and 12th picks. So where did Angelo go? Another six picks later, Angelo Cerilli was selected 18th overall by the Vancouver Whalers, we caught up with Angelo to see how he feels about falling so far and being on Vancouver.

[Image: 20120607_murray644-2.jpg]

Interview Mike: Hi there Angelo my name is Mike Ford and welcome to the show first question I just have to ask you, how do you feel about being selected 18th overall?

Angelo: I was shocked I was in multiple discussions with multiple GMs, multiple Scouts, all saying that they were interested in me and would invest a top 12 pick to obtain my talents, and I fell to 18th, but I am happy with where I am, and I will do my best to make it known to everyone, I was worth a top 12 selection.

Interview Mike Fairly said, so what is your next step?

Angelo Well i've already reported to training camp, and have been very active during camp, I already signed my contract, and and have been working out trying to improve my game that much more.

Interview Mike We'll get to your contract a little bit later in the show, right now lets focus on the draft, why do you think you fell all the way to the 18th pick?

Angelo I'm not exactly sure why the Firebirds passed me up and obviously the Knights felt Waldo Cezar Jr. was worth more investing in, that is not my concern right now, that is not my objective, right now my objective is improving myself as a player.

Interview Mike I am hearing rumors that the Firebirds have been in contact with the Whalers about possibly acquiring you, is this true? How would you feel about being a Firebird instead of a Whaler?

Angelo The Firebirds did indeed contact me after the draft and expressed interested in me. However, my main focus right now is hockey, its improving myself as a player and I am not a Diva player. I would be happy being a Firebird, with that said I show the team I am on loyalty, and right now I am on the Whalers, that is my team and unless my GM wants to trade me that is the team I expect to be on until I announce for the SHL draft.

Interview Mike Very well said, last question before we get back to the show, how many years do you see yourself being in the NWJHL.

Angelo Honestly the way it is looking now I am probably going to be on this team for at least 2 seasons to improve myself as a player so I am ready for the SHL, I have no plans of rushing into the SHL I want to enjoy my time here and have fun playing the game I love, and hopefully in my tenure here we will win a Cup.

Interview Mike Very well said we'll get to the later portion of this interview in a few right now we are going to take it back to Kelly fore more news.

[Image: 115206.JPG]

Thanks Mike, on more news around the league the top two picks Roman Schultz and Brandon Donini both signed for well under the maximum contract, Schultz signed for 750K, while Brandon Donini signed for 500K, could this be the beginning of a new trend, or are these just very team first players? Only time will tell and it will be interesting to see how these players develop and how quickly they go into the SHL.

Donini and Schultz play for the Falcons and Impact respectively meanwhile other first round picks, like Dave Smith are making the max contract despite getting picks lower than Schultz or Donini, it'll be interesting to watch this trend in drafts to come and see if this tradition continues.

On the topic of contracts, Angelo Cerilli signed his contract worth 1.5 million dollars with the Whalers and now we will give it back to Mike Ford for the final part of his interview with Angelo Cerilli.

[Image: 14847385_BG1.jpg]

Interview Mike Alright Angelo so you signed your contract with the Whalers earning 1.5 million dollars, how do you feel about being signed for that, in spite of being selected in the 3rd round?

Angelo I have mixed feelings about it, I feel great that the Vancouver organization values me that much to offer me a contract like that however I feel at times I should have signed for less. Oh well, the ink is already dry and I am now part of this great organization.

Interview Mike Current Team World teammate Shawn Swerin was drafted just ahead of you how do you feel about being on a team with Swerin again after being on team World?

Angelo Its a good feeling obviously as a player I want people on my team with whom I have chemistry with it makes the transition of going to an NWJHL easier, with that said we have some great guys on this team that I haven't played with formally, like Dave Smith, I haven't played with him but he is a great guy and I look forward to going out there with him, he like me wants to bring a championship to this organization and that I respect. We both have the drive to succeed and getting us together on the same team, that is scary.

Interview Mike Speaking of Dave Smith in the Olympics you scored as many goals as Smith (1) does this concern you at all on Smith's scoring ability?

Angelo *laughs* That is funny that you mention that because that was one of the first things I said when me and Smith got out of the draft stage and onto Vancouver facilities, I think he is going to do much better this year, we have a good facilitating Center and of course Smith will have me to rely on so he doesn't have to fill the need to do it all by himself.

Interview Mike Very well said Angelo, that's all the time we have for right now I look forward to seeing how you progress in the future and hopefully seeing you back on the show.

Angelo Good to be here, and I will definately be back in the near future.

Mike That's all for the 3rd Period a special thanks to Angelo Cerilli for the interview and Kelly Davidson for reports that's all for the show have a great night.

Code:
1,151 Words 3 picture

Ilike

Nice read!

Whalers Whalers Whalers

Cerilli will be on of the best steals of the draft, I still can't believe he fell all the way to the 3rd.

nice article.... and ya I had 1 goal... but I had a defensive role on the team (3rd line center - which I'm not so good at {just putting it out there})... then again no one should expect a rook to be able to shut down the SHL studs ... So I tried Smile Now in Vancouver I should in a top 6 role

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Quote:Originally posted by DaveSmith@Sep 26 2012, 06:10 PM
nice article.... and ya I had 1 goal... but I had a defensive role on the team (3rd line center - which I'm not so good at {just putting it out there})... then again no one should expect a rook to be able to shut down the SHL studs ... So I tried Smile Now in Vancouver I should in a top 6 role

But i'm sure you'll be in the bottom 6 in goals scored Tongue lol jk.

Quote:Originally posted by pointforwardtex@Sep 26 2012, 07:22 PM

But i'm sure you'll be in the bottom 6 in goals scored Tongue lol jk.

If that so... at least I got a bigger contract then you Tongue lol Plus I was wanted for my balanced game Smile Now I train into that scorer... My one regret so far is I invested points as a centerman lol

Code:

Nicely put together.....Now that the shows over Dave,Shawn,Jamie and myself heading out for a wobbly. Dave said he's buying the first round. Cerrili that was an invite by the way.

Quote:Originally posted by DaveSmith@Sep 26 2012, 06:38 PM

If that so... at least I got a bigger contract then you Tongue lol Plus I was wanted for my balanced game Smile Now I train into that scorer... My one regret so far is I invested points as a centerman lol

People pay for hype Jamarcus Russel got more than Darelle Revis that doesnt mean he is better now Tongue

Payment:

Word Count: 1138
Thoroughness/Professionalism: 8.5/10
Interest: 8.5/10
Form: 9/10

Payment: 600k

Comments: Good read Cheers keep up the good work and don't worry bout draft position. Was drafted fourth round myself and 12jmoritz was drafted last round and we were both selected 12th and 11th respectively. Just keep up the hard work and you'll show everyone Smile

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Hey most of us are whalers in here let's get along.

Quote:Originally posted by TEDDYbear777@Sep 26 2012, 10:13 PM
Hey most of us are whalers in here let's get along.

we just having some fun bantering... all in good fun Smile If ya can't poke fun at your team mates or some 'friends'... who can ya poke fun at

Code: