Create Account

S12 CW: A Winning Legacy

Yes I do think this seasons Jets were the best. Not only are they young. But they are very talented. Brovalchuk, Hall, Weber. 3 great young players. And to add to that, the 3 vets, Myers and McBride. 2 amazing Canadians and the fact they are on the same team now. A deadly defensive combo with one on d and one defending the goal line. And last but not least, the one and only, Ron Mexico. Hall of famer no doubt. The leader of the Jets because of his era in the SHL early on in the SHL days.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

I do not believe this is the best team the Jets have ever had, at least in terms of total dominance in the SHL. The Jets were a strong team this season but not the best in the league, although close to it. They have a brighter future and a couple of seasons down the road there's the potential for a dynasty and maybe even the best team the SHL has ever seen (which says a lot).

But to look back and see the names that held the cup back in that first season, it's impossible to avoid giving the nod to the likes of Sergei Karpotsov, Pavol Skvoznak, Damian Littleton, Jonathan Kane, and of course, Jay MacDonald.

I don't believe the S12 Jets are the best team in the franchise history. I believe that honour goes to the S1 Jets, as they had an unrivaled combination of league dominance and all-star talent. Retired greats Sergei Karpotsov, Damian Littleton and Jonathan Kane all played on that team, and future HOFers Ron Mexico, Jay McDonald and Pavol Skvoznak were also in Winnipeg. The S1 Winnipeg Jets may go down as one of the greatest collections of individual talent the SHL has ever seen. The team was also able to bring the Challenge Cup to Winnipeg, which is why they are the best team Winnipeg has ever assembled.