Create Account

Draft Day Thursday! Excitement in the Air!!

[Image: d472016b-5f2b-4eb6-8862-a535675f8fa7.jpg]

Draft Day Annouced for this Thursday, January 20th

Excitement filled the air today as the NWJHL and EEL supplimental drafts were announced today.

Thursday January 20th all the NWJHL Prospects will be eagerly waiting to hear there name being called so they can step on to the podium and don there new teams jersey.

It's more then just the draft that excites the players, it is the prospect of going after the 4 star cup and hoping that his GM can build that winning combination.

For GM's this is one of the most nerve wracking times of the season. Trying to outguess there fellow GM's and hope a player will fall to them only to have them taken the pick before.

Sometimes best laid plans don't always work out.

[Image: image.JPG]

However, what is great about this year is also the EEL suplimental draft, which gives GM's another opportunity to gain some very talented players.

Some would even say more talented then the NWJHL rookies, however GM's know that according to the NWJHL/EEL agreement, active NWJHL players have to have as much or more ice time as there EEL counterparts, this balancing act will be hard to maintain all season for GM's and Coachs and will require more delicate balancing of line combinations.

So who will go 1st?

That could be anyone of the highly touted 1st rounders on the board, it all depends where the Whalers want to start there team building for this season.

Is there more depth at wing? center? defence? or goalie?

I guess we'll find out in a few days.

Good Luck to All the NWJHL Prospect and EEL Players!!

Cheers

For Quick Reference, here is a scouting report on me and how I plan to use my first week of training, so all GM's know what they are getting.

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=ST&f=283&t=2385

Cheers

Unless I completely missed something where does it say draft day thursday?

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by habsfanfromontario@Jan 16 2012, 01:40 PM
Unless I completely missed something where does it say draft day thursday?

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=2406&hl=

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Good luck everyone! But one thing, unless everyone is on the other side of the world, isn't the 20th on the Friday? So is the draft on Friday of Thursday?

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Quote:Originally posted by coolstar87@Jan 16 2012, 06:25 AM
Good luck everyone! But one thing, unless everyone is on the other side of the world, isn't the 20th on the Friday? So is the draft on Friday of Thursday?

Your right, i have sent Hoggie a PM asking to confirm this information, as i got it off the draft thread so not sure.

Thursday or Friday, I won't be able to be there :(

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

draft is Thursday at 9

[Image: aOowRDF.png]