Create Account

The Swiss Report The big Swiss go to north america

[Image: SWISSREPORT.jpg]

Last november, Blaise Fohrtwanie was drafted 58th overal by the Vatican vipers. the Lausanne proud did pretty well in the draft tournament and Vatican scouts beleived he would be a great asset for their team. He joined a group of nice young talented players mixed with some SHL veterans. Having only 3 centermen, the Vipers had a specific plan for Fohrtwanie, he would play on two lines.Having a incredible stamina was a chance for him to get a lot of ice time even though he was not the best skilled player. Heis a strong , physical player with some nice faceoff skills but was not know for his offensive or defensive attribute. Blaise always knew he would have to work harder to make his way into professionnal leagues. Surprisingly, Fohrtwanie did pretty good on both side of the game. He finished with a disapointing -18 but he also did 27 points and was one of the best hitter of the league.

[Image: 26671.jpg]

Playing center on both 3rd and 4th line, Fohrtwanie played a average of 21 minutes per game. He also played on penalty kill and score 2 shorthanded goals. Taking face offs and hitting hard is his speciality and he finished with the most hits of his team and 6th inthe league. He managed to keep a 54% of efficiency after taking 1181 faceoffs. Even with his -18, Blaise made 22 takeaway and only 4 giveaway. the only thing he is not proud about his season, exept the -18, is the indiscipline. Even with his style of game, Blaise would have to stay a little bit more focused because he cumulate 102 minutes of penalty, the 5th most penalysed player in the EEL.

[Image: EricStaalBostonBruinsvCarolinaHurricanes...XEI_1l.jpg]

Code:
Blaise Fohrtwanie      6.5'    228 pounds        Lausanne,Switzerland

Code:
EEL S1 Stats: GP:60  G:8  A:19  PTS:27 +/-: -18 PIM:102 H: 141 S: 56 SB: 25 FO%: 54.11% GA: 4  TA:22

Blaise was suppose to go back to his family vineyard during the EEL offseason and try to stay in shape but a surprising turn of event made him change is mind. He, like many EEL player, was invited to play in the NWHL for a season. It didnt take long for the big young man to make up his mind. The North american hockey is the perfect place for his kind of play and this is also a nice occasion to go perfect his art and skills. Being 6.5' tall is a advantage for him and he should not have difficulty to adapt to smaller ice rink.

[Image: 101617_large.png]

We asked him if he had a preference on where he would want to play and this is what he had to say.

"I am willing to go anywhere in this league, it will be my first time in north america and all those teams having a nice reputation and i would be happy anywhere. Of course it would be nice to go to Montreal because quebec is a french speaking province but this is not realy important. I want to live a new experience and practicing my english is part of that."
[Image: img-1288333326043.jpg]

All Switzerland is wishing Fohrtwanie the best of luck and we are going to follow him all season long until he come back to europe.

around 526 words and 5 pics

beast! do one for Dalhquist! B)

Doubt is a dream killer

Quote:Originally posted by sarmo@Jan 17 2012, 02:21 PM
beast! do one for Dalhquist!  B)

done
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=ST&f=39&t=2500